RARE xbox360 games?

supadryz

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local store has a few for $29.99. I don't know how that measures up, I don't follow that one.

I'm hitting $45+ out here, used. Guy brought in a sealed one to see if we would pay $80 for it because it's moving for $100+ elsewhere.

PROTIP: we won't.

Had a guy throw a shit over that 2005 copy of NFS:MW I mentioned, though. Yes, I know it's old. Yes, we're going to ask $40 for it.

Just look at your local GameStop to see which games they think are rare.

Left 4 Dead $30 used

Left 4 Dead 2 $45 used

How on earth can they be considered RARE?

Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Pinata and Kinect Sports.

I see these quiet regularly where ever I go, unless its a regional thing.

I'll tell you some overpriced games, just by Gamestop pricing alone:

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. First one is $19.99 new almost anywhere but at Gamestop? A little over $30. If not that, still in the late 20's. Left 4 Dead 2 new is still $29.99 AND it's a Platinum Hits label, the only one of it's kind (that I'm aware of) to be more than $19.99!

The Orange Box, been out for a long ass time...still close to $30.

But this has nothing to do with "rare" titles. As far as Rare games go, I rarely see Hitman Blood Money or Just Cause 2 (which are both at least $25 at Gamestop used). I also have a hard time locating copies of Silent Hill Homecoming...but that just could be my area.

Really I'm not that versed on current gen rare titles. Talk to me PS1/N64/PS2/Gamecube and I'll give you a list.

I wish i had sold my copy of Tales Of Vesperia when it was rare. I found it on bargain bin for 10 euros and at the time you could sell it over 100 pounds.

I don't know where they found more copies but at some point lot of the stores suddenly got big stock of them (i guess they made a second print or something)

I'm hitting $45+ out here, used. Guy brought in a sealed one to see if we would pay $80 for it because it's moving for $100+ elsewhere.

PROTIP: we won't.

Had a guy throw a shit over that 2005 copy of NFS:MW I mentioned, though. Yes, I know it's old. Yes, we're going to ask $40 for it.

Heh, you should just be like, "supply and demand buddy" and walk away :p I may not always like prices on games, but it's my choice to not buy it and/or search somewhere else.

As for the guy asking for $80 - watching some of these pawn store shows comes to mind. If you can get more for it, why are you at a pawn shop! (or game store trying to request a specific amount in this case). I can understand the need for cash quick, but still....

• 6 months later...

I'm not so sure about now, but in my years collecting achievements, I noticed a few that were a pain to get hold of for me at least, and when I last looked they were expensive for old games.

Spiderman Web Of Shadows

My Horse & Me 2

Cars

Cars Mater National

Need For Speed Most Wanted (Original)

i like how most of the rare games either suck or may have a higher demand "overseas" or have niche fanbase

The Simpsons Game

Bee Movie Game

WET

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (uncommon)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (hard to find)

superhero games as rares/uncommons (Thor, Captain America, etc)

Star Trek Legacy

Orange Box

older Dragon Ball related

Call of Duty 2 & 3 & World at War

Nascar / Formula One / Moto GP

Banjo Nuts Bolts

Spyro

Silent Hill anything (applies to Playstations 2 & 3 also)

• 1 year later...

Im from the uk and when it comes to rare games the rarest ive got my hands on are

Asterix at the olympic games

Marvel ultimate alliance gold edition

My horse and me (green uk edition)

Darkest of days (not in uk)

Jurassic the hunted (not in uk)

Jurassic Park (not in uk)

Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends

Pineas and ferb quest for cool stuff (again not in uk)

tornado outbreak

shooting love 10th anniversary (japanese but region free)

most of these are prob easy to find outside the uk

obscure but not rare titles

a-train hx

crash bandicoot mind over mutant

crash bandicoot crash of the titans

Tales of vesperia

magna carta 2

Arcana Heart 3

Crash time series

EDf series

hot wheels beat that

g-force

monster jam

spiderman freind or foe

snipers (german game)

spyro dawn of the dragon

spongebob planktons robotic revenge

thats just to name a small list from what i can see from here

Tales of Vesperia used to be rare in Europe/Germany but I think it got reprinted but a year ago it was much cheaper getting it digitally.

Magna Carta 2 took me quiet a while to get, but the same goes for most jrpgs, especially the older ones or multi disk games.

Nier is hard to get since its rise of popularity as a hidden gem.

The German version of the saboteur had a really limited print run because of the closing of pandemic and the changed content.

Condemns: Criminal Origins is also not that easy to get these days.

But in the age of digital games, there are rarely games that can really be considered rare, as you can get most stuff digitally and you likely will if you really want to play a game.

• 2 weeks later...