19/01/2011 Live system update?

RickyMcG

Hello.

I've just recently downloaded a system update for Xbox Live. Interrupted me watching 24. I'm just wondering does anyone have a vague idea as to what was included? I'm from the UK, if that makes any difference or not.

I'm assuming it is only something minor changes or whatnot, otherwise I'm sure something would have been announced. Thankyou.

Tricky.

EDIT - Post below gives details to the recent update.

Edited by RickyMcG

Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com Updates this week

This week, both Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will receive small updates that I wanted to make you aware of.

Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:

On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings.

Xbox.com update:

Additionally, on Thursday January 20th the Xbox.com team will ship an update that contains a small update to the Gamercards. We’ve updated the Gamercard look and feel a bit and removed gamerzone from the card. Other than that, the same amount of information is on the card. Here is an example:

http://majornelson.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/blog.metablogapi/2656.clip_5F00_image002_5F00_thumb_5F00_1374A580.jpg

Most people may not notice these small changes but I know many of you appreciate knowing the details when we issue updates.

Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com Updates this week

This week, both Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will receive small updates that I wanted to make you aware of.

Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:

On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings.

Xbox.com update:

Additionally, on Thursday January 20th the Xbox.com team will ship an update that contains a small update to the Gamercards. We’ve updated the Gamercard look and feel a bit and removed gamerzone from the card. Other than that, the same amount of information is on the card. Here is an example:

http://majornelson.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/blog.metablogapi/2656.clip_5F00_image002_5F00_thumb_5F00_1374A580.jpg

Most people may not notice these small changes but I know many of you appreciate knowing the details when we issue updates.

Well here's the answer. I should lrn2search the internet, lol. Thankyou for the information Stuart. I'm liking the look of the new gamercards.

I don't know what 'Boot to disc' is all about however..

Well here's the answer. I should lrn2search the internet, lol. Thankyou for the information Stuart. I'm liking the look of the new gamercards.

I don't know what 'Boot to disc' is all about however..

Yeah the whole 'boot to disc' thing - I didn't even know that was removed to begin with. Probably because I never used it, but eh, whatever.

That much would be nice, thank you. I just finished my last game of the night before the update went live - had it been a bit earlier, things would not look as pretty as they are now :D

Thanks for the info, Stuart.

Never realised they removed the boot to disc option (mainly because I always had the damn thing turned off in the first place), did they get rid of it to advertise the Kinect dashboard controls or something?

Seems weird that they're redesigning gamercards, I wonder if people actually felt intimidated by people who set their zone to Underground/Pro :p If it gets rid of the bright orange border in the guide menu I'm all for it, I think it's awful at the moment.

When I woke up this morning and turned on my system, the dashboard update came up and it asked me if I wanted to update so I said yes. After it downloaded and then it began to install it, when the installation was complete, it went to the xbox screen and then I got an E70 error. So I turned off my system, then turned it back on, it then applied the update with no problem. I have the new Halo: Reach Edition Xbox 360S. Everything seems to be working fine, has anyone else have this problem?

Never realised they removed the boot to disc option (mainly because I always had the damn thing turned off in the first place), did they get rid of it to advertise the Kinect dashboard controls or something?

The color update basically glitched the STARTUP on disc option and disabled it. The point of the system is to PLAY games people - when I start it up that's what I intend to do 8 times out of 10, so I'm glad its back.