"Treasure Trove" achievement and how do you really get it?

ryanclive

As suggested by ImmortalArbiter, the Auction House possibly only offers items that you've missed in every sense. For instance, items from the old Sea of Baus area or Highlands of Wohl, which are pretty much defunct by disc 2 and onwards. In this sense, missed treasures from locations that are still accessible will not be included in the AH.

I gave all places - towns and dungeons - a VERY, VERY thorough run and I still haven't got the achievement. Not just chests, but also pots, trees, bins, stickers and everything that may contain an item. I don't know if I've missed this one for good.

Can somebody confirm if the chests in Terrace Cave count? Not the usual chests found there, but those that appear after the Money monster steals money from you -- small side quest explained below.

"Moneys" are found in the Eastern Tribe Ruins, just damage them and leave them with enough HP and they'll perform a "Steal and Heal" skill on you. After that, go to Terrace Cave and trails of 1G will appear plus 3 new chests, 2 of which contains 1G, the third containing Money-Money. Prob is, I only opened 2 of them - a 1G chest and the mini-boss.

I was wondering if these chests count toward the Treasure Trove achievement. Since I've missed one, I tried the AH but it doesn't offer anything (and bidding for 1G is simply absurd).

This has been a long post but if you have any tips for this achievement, please post. Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I already did, all of them. I'm fairly certain I opened each and every object in the game. I'm beginning to think that maybe those Money-Money chests really count - but at the same time I think that would be absurd since the chests or any of it are easily missable.

Frustrated as I am, I'll keep on searching pfft. Thanks for the advice btw.

God I finally got the achievement.

Here are some tips, hardest to locate treasures:

- Ipsilon trees, ram everything!

- Ipsilon hut, turn off those lamps and search the ground

- Gongora's Mansion, back room, push the crate at the back for a 4th chest

- Posters, hydrant-thingies and pots in Uhra

- Main street of Uhra, front of the inn, just below the monitor there's a black hydrant

- Gold and stuff from the air vents in the Limestone Cave

- Always use the Left Stick to move the camera, some are in plain sight but concealed

- THE SEABED! (Thanks Stebs) Search carefully, they're usually near the land masses

These are all that I can remember. The ones that gave me trouble are Gongora's 4th backroom chest, black hydrant in Uhra street below the monitor and two more in the seabed.

It's quite hard but it's not missable, and the treasure chests that spawn with Money-Money in Terrace cave do not count, but just to be sure fight Money-Money since his own chest might have been included in the count (since Money-Money appears when you open "his" chest).

Thanks!

The last item which made the achievement unlock is an item from the seabed. It's not a chest, so at this point I think every item in the game counts.

I posted before I only bought one item from the auction and that is the Reflect spell. I remember now, I also bought one before that. It's just a medicine, but after I bought that medicine the auction master told me the auction has run out of items, so I'm sure that one is counted as well (I thought it was just a "sample" item when I tried the auction). When I missed the Reflect spell in the last dungeon, that's when the AH opened again and after that it was closed for good (which means that was the last item item I've missed).

For one thing, I'm sure any item bought from the auction counts toward achievements. The Reflect spell is the last spell I needed for the spell completion achievement, and after I bought it the spell achievement unlocked. So I'm sure it'd be the same for Treasure Trove, considering that the auction was made for this achievement and it was even mentioned in its own description.

Nope, you can still get that item later on. The auction master will offer that item again as if nothing happened, the bidding is just a mini-game. You can come back to it any time you want.

As Arbiter said, and confirmed, items offered in the auction are those you've missed from locations you will no longer be able to go back to. Items you've missed in areas that you can still enter/explore will stay there and you have to get them.

Congrats on that elusive achievement! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. In the Great Ancient Ruins, I found two Tablet Fragments. When I brought them to the owner of the art studio in Numara, he said that he needs one more to complete his masterpiece, or something like that. Are there actually three Tablet Fragments, or am I just missing something here? When you got the achievement, did you still have two Tablet Fragments in your "Valuable" items? Also, did you have the DLC activated when you got the achievement (i.e., Master's Secret Script, Forgotten Song)? Thanks in advance. I'm really at a loss as to where I'm missing treasure at this point.

Vyraal:

Thanks! There are 3 Tablet Fragments. Two is in the Great Ancient Ruins and you got those already. The 3rd is in the Temple of Enlightenment. Everyone's talking about that dungeon here, you can access it once you get control of the White Boa. It's near the Great Ancient Ruins, same island.

Tricause:

That never happened to me, but if the chest is already opened once the game tells you you already have the maximum amount of that item, then chances are it's already counted. If, however, the chest still appears unopened, then you probably have to use up that item you have in maximum amount so may get the item from the chest.

Ryan: Did you decide whether or not the Money Money chests count towards this or not?

I'm in the same position you were in post one (apart from not doing the Money Money/Terrace Cave thing). Found everything on the treasure hunt list, all accessories etc, yet no achievement.

Might be nice to see a complete list of valuables from someone if it's part of this achievement.

I got Money-Money's chest (the one he is in) early on before I found out I missed about 5 or more Treasures for the Treasure Trove achievement so I can't tell. But here's the thing... when he showed up in Terrace Cave (triggered if a Money monster does "Steal and Heal" on you, drops of 1G will show up in Terrace along with 3 chests, one of which contains Money-Money himself) I only opened two of the 3 chests: a 1G chest and Money-Money's. Apparently, the two chests contain 1G each while the 3rd contains Money-Money. Once you open Money-Money's chest, the other chests you've missed plus the 1G drops will disappear. So I'm certain those chests do not count, since for consistency's sake if they do count they should have included the other chest I wasn't able to open.

That - or either Money-Money's very own chest counts. If it's not much trouble for you, I suggest you go to the Great Ancient Ruins (since Moneys are found only here), initiate a fight with them, damage them but do not kill them (leave about 1/3 or 1/4 HP) and they will perform "Steal and Heal" on you.

Run back to Terrace and see if there are drops of 1G around - which means Money-Money is inside one of the chests. Sorry I'm not much help. The game's really vague and unforgiving when it comes to this Treasure Trove achievement.

I was so afraid you were going to say that...I did two clean sweeps of ToE a couple days ago, as I assumed that the 3rd Fragment was there. I just did another one after reading your reply, and I'm still having no luck finding it anywhere. It's entirely possible that I still have overlooked it in The Corridor of Timelessness (which is such an ironic name, really). Do you happen to remember the general area that the Fragment is located? Again, I really appreciate the help.

Oh crap I think I made a mistake. Have you tried Crimson Forest? I remember getting one from there when you said you have acquired two already. I'm not sure, but worth a try. Really sorry there mate.

[Edit] My guess is that rock thing, the one in the elevator (moving platform). Just move the rock to the platform and another will come down. It's near a save point iirc.

Ryan: Cheers for the help... I've done the Money/Terrace Cave thing, got all 3 tablets and gave them to the art bloke in Numara, yet still no achievement... any ideas?

I take it it's just a case of running round looking for pots/kickable objects i missed... oh what fun!

PS Does the pirate in the hidden pirate base tell you about all chests missed in the game, or just the treasure hunt ones?