How do you get your hands on so many games?

TwentyozDew

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy about two to three a week because I work and don't have kids to drain me of money. I also buy damn near any game that is 10 or under. Pretty much own all the ones that gamefly has put on sale for under 10 that wasn't a huge POS. Gamefly is the only time I'll buy a used game because it is usually really good deals.

I don't rent because I never know if I am going to be busy after I rent it.

I usually buy cheap steam and drm free games also. Origin seems ok but I haven't put any money into it yet. I have about 50 games thanks to that glitch where they gave away almost any 20 dollar game for free. I have still yet to use it though. Usually on pc I buy things that I like on consoles that I wouldn't mind playing again eventually on pc. Since at least getting a pc to run the games easier rather than having to continue to buy old game systems in the future.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

I hardly buy any game for $60 unless it's something I really want at launch (and that's not many games).

I usually wait for places to have sales or I get used games from Gamestop.

I also used to have Gamefly too which is a good way to get games. RedBox is another good option too.

I'm taking advantage of my parents money while I can before they figure out what I'm buying with all of it. :p

^This. I had a few thousand dollar college fund set aside for me but I managed to get a full-ride scholarship to college. All I have to pay is living expenses so I have been spending my money on new games.

I get all my games from Gamestop since that's the closest game store and it's quicker than having to wait for the game to arrive in main from online purchases.

I buy. Since starting my current job in '08, I've had the money to buy any games I want; now it is time to play them that is the issue! :( I'm terribly backlogged.

I work for over 6 years myself while being a student and I too can buy whatever I want (games that is) and my backlog is impossible lol. If I'd complete them all my GS would be at 450K or so.

Gaming is pretty much the only thing I spend money on after my bills. I buy most of my games new when they are less than $10 on Amazon the rest I buy used off eBay or Game Stop. I also sometimes use Game Stop's rental service. I've given Gamefly two chances already and they messed up both of them so I won't be using them again. I also resell most of my games after I'm finished with them so that helps free up some cash for additional purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly get games through gamefly, not big into spending full price on games anymore..been to disappointed with most of the titles I bought in this last year.

I mostly get my games from a retro store in town, play some older games like zelda and ps1 titles.

Gamers have a very expensive addiction..

Yep we do. But its the same as being really into photography and buying new lenses, cases, film and the same as being into bicycling and buying new wheels and parts. Any hobby that someone is very into will take a lot of their money.

Gamers get the shit end of the stick with the games not turning out the way they planned though, and not being able to get much money back from a purchase. : /