Bayonetta Noob Guide

Brambledamble

A Noob Guide for those who are already struggling on their first playthrough on Normal Difficulty:

- Keep following this guide at all times to increase your life & magic bar ASAP. Don't bother with Alfheim challenges, they get a lot easier later when you have better items.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=193882

- As soon as you get the Sword, use it. It attacks the fastest and does the most damage of all starting weapons. Use it for your entire Normal playthrough.

- For your second weapon set, equip the Whip. Use it against flying enemies that you can't hit with your Sword.

- Ignore everything in the shop (Gates of Hell) until you have 100.000 Halos.

- Buy the accessory Selene's Light and equip it (Automatically activates Witch Time whenever you get hit - timeframe depends on your magic bar).

- Next buy the technique Bat Form or what it's called (If you activate Witch Time using RT not right before you get hit, but when you get hit, all damage will be mitigated and you will also enter Witch Time).

- Next buy Crow Form to make some platforming sequences a lot easier (Press RT two times while in the air to transform into a crow).

- Now save 200.000 Halos for the acessory Moon of Maha-Kalaa, buy it and equip it (By pressing the left stick into the direction of an incoming attack, you can deflect it - if you deflect the attack the instant it would hit you, you will cause a heavy attack and enter Witch Time). This helps alot in the annoying fights with Jeanne - just keep on tapping the left stick in her direction and spam Y while occasionally using RT.

- Whenever you have problems beating a boss, just die and try again with full health. If you can still not beat him, use a Big Yellow Lollipop and maybe even a Big Red Lollipop.

- Those should be enough tips for how to beat Normal. To play on the higher difficulties with your items carrying over, DO NOT SELECT NEW GAME!! Just save your game after beating the final boss, reload this save game, switch difficulties by pressing RB and replay all chapters on the higher difficulties.

Edited by Brambledamble

What are good weapons to equip to the feet to accompany the sword and whip? I assume the claws are mainly jus good for halo farming. I've already done the game on easy and got all the weapons bar the 3 hidden ones, all the techniques and most of the accessories. Also dont suppose you could give examples of a few good combos to use.

Cheers.

What are good weapons to equip to the feet to accompany the sword and whip? I assume the claws are mainly jus good for halo farming. I've already done the game on easy and got all the weapons bar the 3 hidden ones, all the techniques and most of the accessories. Also dont suppose you could give examples of a few good combos to use.

Cheers.

I mostly used Odette (the ice skates) to be able to move faster on and outside of the battlefield. Though if you want to utilize the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, you should equip something else. Lightning Durga and Pistols were both fine for me.

The best combo with the sword is spamming Y :) That's why you don't need to worry about your feet too much. Using the whip, you can do the same or also rotate the left stick and press Y for a roundhouse whip attack if you're surrounded by multiple enemies.

I mostly used Odette (the ice skates) to be able to move faster on and outside of the battlefield. Though if you want to utilize the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, you should equip something else. Lightning Durga and Pistols were both fine for me.

The best combo with the sword is spamming Y :) That's why you don't need to worry about your feet too much. Using the whip, you can do the same or also rotate the left stick and press Y for a roundhouse whip attack if you're surrounded by multiple enemies.

Cheers man, is the shotgun or rocket launcher worth using at all?

I want to ask for something... Could somebody give me a link to the Bayonetta BradyGames Strategy Guide. Or it could be other "official" walkthrough. Of course I mean the "free" .PDF version of the guide. I found other walkthroughs on web pages, but they are usually poor quality and have many mistakes.

My question is against the rules of this forum... yeah, I'm a noob :-)

Edited by TheMacias