Master Ninja Weapon selection

Foxhound300

Because of the limited resources that comes from playing on high difficulties and choosing to buy healing items instead, it is unlikely (from my experience) that you can upgrade more than one to three weapons fully. Then again maybe i just suck like that.

Anyway, what weapons do you focus on using in master ninja (or mentor i suppose if you aren't playing master ninja yet)?

I personally am still on mentor and currently using the lunar because it's much more effective against wolves than the DS is in my experience. I'll also probably be using the scythe as well once i get it because of it's effectiveness against bosses.

All I used for Mentor and MN were the Lunar and Scythe, except obviously the beginning of the game where you have to use the DS!

Also, I'm not sure if you are or not, but try using the Lunar's 360 UT against fiends (basically anything you can't Izuna Drop). It ALWAYS decapitates them, even if just the last hit hits. It got me through many fights unscratched by abusing that technique with OLCs.

All I used for Mentor and MN were the Lunar and Scythe, except obviously the beginning of the game where you have to use the DS!

Also, I'm not sure if you are or not, but try using the Lunar's 360 UT against fiends (basically anything you can't Izuna Drop). It ALWAYS decapitates them, even if just the last hit hits. It got me through many fights unscratched by abusing that technique with OLCs.

I second that. Pretty much all I used too. Although the Tonfa's UT2 attack is quite devastating against a large group of smaller enemies... even with the weapon itself at lvl 1.

Check out DezmonD88's Tips and Tricks for the Master Ninja thread--the opening section lists his favorite weapons for each enemy.

I'm currently on Chapter 8 of MN and I've upgraded the Falcon's Talons, Lunar, and Eclipse Scythe to level 3.

I use the Talons' midair Izuna drop on all types of Ninjas (jump yxy), the Lunar's midair izuna drop jump (xxy)for most bosses and the serpent fiends, and the Scythe's Jump XXY combo for the bigger enemies later in the game (mechs and such). Also, the Talon's toward and Y slide attack is usually a one hit limb removal for most enemies(then OT), and it's really effective against the purple fiends, dragon fiends, and lycan fiends.

I also farmed 750K essence in Chapter 1, and I still have around 600k left in the middle of Chapter 8.

Edited by BurningLipSore
clarification

For tips on farming in Chapter 1, check out this video on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YyQnT2YYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YyQnT2YYM[/ame]

My advice is to farm around 200k at first, then DO NOT KILL the archers, and move forward into the level. They will still take shots at you, but if you kill them, the farming is over. You will progress into the level until you acquire the Lunar and visit the first shop. Buy yourself some "just in case" Herbs and Grains and max out the Lunar. DO NOT JUMP INTO THE WELL. Finally, go back to the farming spot and harvest however much else you need/want.

Farming with the Lunar is much easier because it has a much better UT to kill the 2 ninjas simultaneously. [edit]Be sure to use the 360 UT2--it has the best chance of killing both. Each ninja that you UT will spill out 490 essence on MN. If you get into trouble with too many ninjas on screen, jump down into the river--some of the extra ninjas will disappear sometimes. And if you need blue essence (and you will), use the Jump XXY Izuna drop to try and get it.

Additionally, I saved after each 10,000 essence gain. And I still managed to get killed around 25 times while doing it (at least).

Edited by BurningLipSore
Can never get it right the first time

• 3 weeks later...

For the fights against ninjas i uses only the Dragon Sword.

For boss fights the lunar stuff with his xxy combo is the best.

But dont look down on the kusanagi gama!!!!! Already on lvl 1 its godlike for fights against the lycantropes. Simply use the y-combo or the ultimate technique.

Just try to fight with every weapon and u will find the one who suits u the most.

For more questions PM me.

mfg

Rebirz

because of the limited resources that comes from playing on high difficulties and choosing to buy healing items instead, it is unlikely (from my experience) that you can upgrade more than one to three weapons fully. Then again maybe i just suck like that.

Anyway, what weapons do you focus on using in master ninja (or mentor i suppose if you aren't playing master ninja yet)?

I personally am still on mentor and currently using the lunar because it's much more effective against wolves than the ds is in my experience. I'll also probably be using the scythe as well once i get it because of it's effectiveness against bosses.

claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws

there is no reason to not use the claws. midair YXY will instant kill IS ninjas, white ninjas, and casters, even on MN. those ninjas and casters go from being WOW SO HARD to LOL SO EASY.

Edited by notdryad

claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws claws

there is no reason to not use the claws. midair YXY will instant kill IS ninjas, white ninjas, and casters, even on MN. those ninjas and casters go from being WOW SO HARD to LOL SO EASY.

true. however i just started doing my claws only run because the bloody MN is giving me a headache. Anyway, the claws (even at level 3) suck vs. wolves. So i'll stick with the lunar (should i ever get there) thanks.

true. however i just started doing my claws only run because the bloody MN is giving me a headache. Anyway, the claws (even at level 3) suck vs. wolves. So i'll stick with the lunar (should i ever get there) thanks.

Yes, I know the claws suck at against the wolves; I was recommending them for ninjas. You're going to want them on MN for the ninjas.