No More DLC For Gears of War 3

Lothra

There are many rumors surrounding the new game's announcement, coupled with that well-placed confirmation of "no more Gears 3 DLC."

One of the more "interesting" ones is that this new project will essentially be like "Gears 3 ODST"; basically a new campaign- with the same multiplayer... but since it's a "new game" it'll be able to receive more DLC.

It's just one of the many theories out there :p (Also, you've got to wonder where that Classic Hoffman Gears 3 render is going to end up at.)

did Rod say it was only going to be four pieces of DLC when the announced the first one? :p

I can't say for certain, but I remember him saying something along the lines of "As long as there is a demand for content, we will see what we can do." (Don't quote me on that! :eek:) Might've been in one of the QA's

lol yeah, you would think after all these years they would have fixed the rank reset for gears 2 and 3.

they cant controll people purposly deleting title updates to cirvumvent the XP changes and rank changes then try to just add the update later to reap the benifits, the rank system in Gears 2 shipped with an icon system, people complained about it being hard to tell what rank you were so they changed it a few months later from an icon system to a number system, there was no issue unless you deleted the patch after that to try and play on the original game specs with the same file, then try to re-install the patch later cause you felt it was easier to rank up and exploit issues they already addressed

the same type of updates went on with Gears 3.

install game patchs when xbox tells you at the boot of each game and these issues never happen, they can only test their product and patches based on everyone following the instructions they give, not people who try to avoid it then complain cause they found a "bug/glitch". this the small fact people always leave out when they make up their stories about how "merely playing splitscreen co-op" reset them...no they deleted the patch to idle boost in splitscreen so they can earn XP faster since the later title updates made it take longer, then replugged the ethernet cord in and wanted all their "achievments" awarded that everyone else earned by playing legit with no issues for years at a time.

the game wouldnt be top 10 on XBL every year if it was legitimately so buggy and glitched

Edited by eiVaL

they cant controll people purposly deleting title updates to cirvumvent the XP changes and rank changes then try to just add the update later to reap the benifits, the rank system in Gears 2 shipped with an icon system, people complained about it being hard to tell what rank you were so they changed it a few months later from an icon system to a number system, there was no issue unless you deleted the patch after that to try and play on the original game specs with the same file, then try to re-install the patch later cause you felt it was easier to rank up and exploit issues they already addressed

install game patchs when xbox tells you at the boot of each game and these issues never happen, they can only test their product and patches based on everyone following the instructions they give, not people who try to avoid it then complain cause they found a "bug/glitch". this the small fact people always leave out when they make up their stories about how "merely playing splitscreen co-op" reset them...no they deleted the patch to idle boost in splitscreen so they can earn XP faster since the later title updates made it take longer, then replugged the ethernet cord in and wanted all their "achievments" awarded that everyone else earned by playing legit with no issues for years at a time.

the game wouldnt be top 10 on XBL every year if it was legitimately so buggy and glitched

I never did any bugs or glitches and I never removed any patches, but I got reset twice anyway. No matter what you say it's 100% their fault. I'm sure some people caused their own demise but it's more on Epics end then ours.

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

You sir, have severely rustled my jimmies. The fault is completely with Epic, if it weren't for their terrible coding work, none of this would have happened in the first place. I haven't cleared cache/deleted TU since Gears 3 came out, and have been reset. Same for Gears 2, I reached rank 100 completely legit, without those goddamn 30x XP events and still got reset for no reason other than Epic Fail's shitty programming.

So don't go around saying bullshit.

I wish I did take advantage of every possible glitch/xp event now, just to rub it in their faces. I've been a hardcore Gears fan since a year after the first Gears was released, and having all this reset and glitch BS happening, not just in isolated cases, but as a widespread problem, is completely and utterly unacceptable. And we surely don't need tryhards like yourself going around telling people it's their own fault.

Edited by DaChiefOfOwnage
MOAR butthurt

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

You sir, have severely rustled my jimmies. The fault is completely with Epic, if it weren't for their terrible coding work, none of this would have happened in the first place. I haven't cleared cache/deleted TU since Gears 3 came out, and have been reset. Same for Gears 2, I reached rank 100 completely legit, without those goddamn 30x XP events and still got reset for no reason other than Epic Fail's shitty programming.

So don't go around saying bullshit.

I wish I did take advantage of every possible glitch/xp event now, just to rub it in their faces. I've been a hardcore Gears fan since a year after the first Gears was released, and having all this reset and glitch BS happening, not just in isolated cases, but as a widespread problem, is completely and utterly unacceptable. And we surely don't need tryhards like yourself going around telling people it's their own fault.

I completely agree with you man. EPIC f8cking sucks and I am done buying their sh*t forever.

With the announcement of the new Gears game, Rod Fergusson has taken to twitter to announce that there will be no more DLC produced for Gears 3, this means no more expansions, no more maps and no more weapon/character skins.

Rods Twitter

Good I think we have enough DLC to last us all , plus with new game coming it would be pointless for anymore to be released ..

Good I think we have enough DLC to last us all , plus with new game coming it would be pointless for anymore to be released ..

strongly disagree bro....the one thing this game is SERIOUSLY lacking is lasting appeal....I played 1 and 2 like a madman without any points where I got bored or annoyed....seriously....they released 4 dlc's in like 5 months.and now r calling it a day.going in this was supposed to be the end.the last hoorah for gears.now here we r half a year since it was released,closing the book on gears 3 and revealing a new spin on the franchise al2gether.

and I can't help but feel like this is all happening bc gears 3 didn't do as well as epic was hoping it would.....look at the online figures for each mode.the numbers don't lie.....this is bullshit.