Questions before starting SH2

Yes, there are a lot more than 150 enemies in the game. I got the melee achievement at the Hospital, and the firearms achievement just before entering the Prison. Something you'll notice when playing through most indoor areas, is that some enemies "respawn" (or come back to life), and killing them again counts towards the achievements. I've read that you can conserve a lot of ammo by shooting them until they fall, then kick them while they're down, and it will count as a firearm kill. I'm not 100% sure if this works though, as when I played through the "Born From a Wish" scenario, I used this tactic through the entire game, and the end results said that I had only defeated 1 enemy by shooting. I don't know if this is the case with the main scenario as well, but I don't see why there would be a difference between the two.

I think you need 150 items for the 10* rating, which shouldn't really be a problem if you know your way around the game, and where the various items are located. I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I believe it is recommended that you save either the "Dog Ending" or "UFO Ending" for last (I know it's on of those), as it ends the game a lot earlier than the other endings. With the X3 bullet adjust unlocked after your first playthrough, this should be pretty simple when you've played through it a few times, and always know what you should be doing. I'd head over to the Achievement Guide and Roadmap thread, and check there for the various criteria's required for the different endings and achievements ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362843

Edited by 8BitSoul

I just finished my 1st playthrough, I played on Normal and I almost downed every enemy I encountered, but in the end I only got the 75 melee kill in prison, and could not get enough gun kill. Also I spent 6hrs (can't believe it!), guess I spent too much time reading the map, and 624pt damage.

Guess Hard difficulty will spawn more enemies otherwise I have no idea how to get both melee and gun kills in a single playthrough.

150 items are quite easy to get, thanks guys.

One thing, for the gun kills, is it better to use the handgun to down a monster, then quickly switch to shotgun for a short-distance blast to save ammo?

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

Guess Hard difficulty will spawn more enemies otherwise I have no idea how to get both melee and gun kills in a single playthrough.

One thing, for the gun kills, is it better to use the handgun to down a monster, then quickly switch to shotgun for a short-distance blast to save ammo?

youre right, on hard enemies will spawn in greater numbers and also respawn (ie- hallways in brookhaven wont stay empty)

as for the gun kills, i guess you could do that, but youll drive yourself crazy after about the 10th time.

plus you might be aware of the issue of the screen fading out of black from inventory, where the game will start before you can see. that might make things even more complicated with multiple enemies.

what i suggest (for 10*. mostly) since you have already beaten it is set bullet adjust to 3x, get only melee kills with handgun up through brookhaven, and get all of your shooting kills with the shotgun on the streets to the historical society. youll have plenty of ammo to get all your shooting kills if youve picked up every shotgun ammo through brookhaven, and all of it on the streets.

once you are done with shooting, switch back to handgun for melee kills