Alan Wake Guide & Road Map [There Will Be Spoilers!]

Webb

Quick question regarding nightmare mode.

Can you replay the chapters and use nightmare to get the game completion, ort do you need to start a new one again?

Also if you have found the manuscripts, in normal, do you have to find them again (seeing how its a new game?)

Lastly, on the last level there are two tin can pyramids.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you replay the chapters and use nightmare to get the game completion, ort do you need to start a new one again?

Also if you have found the manuscripts, in normal, do you have to find them again (seeing how its a new game?)

I'm pretty sure you need to start a new game. That's what I did.

No you don't need to pick them up again, you can read them at any time, even from the main menu once they're picked up

You can collect any missing manuscript pages in nightmare mode on your 2nd playthrough and yes, you can replay any chapters after you have finished the game.

I'm pretty sure you need to start a new game. That's what I did.

No you don't need to pick them up again, you can read them at any time, even from the main menu once they're picked up

I might as well wait for a guide then before retrying on nightmare. I missed a bunch of collectables.

can any1 describe drink em both up in more detail? im confused. does it mean 2 different games? normal and hard mode? or just normal and you activate the 1st and last juke box?

Edited by toxictaz

can any1 describe drink em both up in more detail? im confused. does it mean 2 different games? normal and hard mode? or just normal and you activate the 1st and last juke box?

It means that you have to activate the jukebox in the diner in Chapter 1 (first time you enter it) and in Chapter 5 where you can enter it for the second time.

Don't know if it unlocks when you do it in 2 different playthroughts, i did it on one playthrough

for drink em both up i loaded a chapter to get the second one (as i missed it) and still got the achievement so i dont think it matters if you do them on different play throughs as long as you activate them both at some point you will get it

there is a manuscript in the very back of the diner anyway (chapter 5) so its not really missable if your going for all the achievements

"Collateral Carnage"

I got this achievement when I was walking around with the Sheriff and Barry shot a flare at the Taken in the doorway (this is just before you see him wearing his Christmas light outfit lol). Looks like Barry's kill counted as an "indirect" kill for me!

Hey awesome guide. Just a suggestion for you though, the kill x number of Taken with each weapon achievements can be farmed. Just get a few kills in an area with lots of enemies close to a checkpoint (I recommend Chapter 3; Ransom in the train yard).

Simply kill some taken, check stats, restart checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.

I used this method for all weapon kills and the 1000 birds.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/476/-Xm2jA==.jpg

An Idyllic Small Town - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Make it through "Night Life in Bright Falls" in one go without dying or restarting even once.

Rather than make a video for this one, I'm going to give a brief rundown of potential sticky parts and what to do. Honestly, you shouldn't need this, it's bloody easy.

If you're loading up an episode to do it, it's episode 5, the first chapter, "Night Life in Bright Falls." If you prepare and don't waste powerful weapons, then there aren't many tricky moments truth be told. The two potential tricky spots are:

The church defence and the helicopter defence. One mid mission and the other at the end. In order to unlock the achievement you must finish it, from the police station to the helicopter, without dying or restarting. Simple as.

In regards to the church defence and the helicopter defence; just make sure you load up on all the equipment before you move to close to Sarah and Barry. Otherwise, the Taken come. If you scavenge the lot before hand of both areas, it should be easy.

The church - the best way to do this is the hunting rifle and flash grenade combo on the left hand steps (with your back to the church). It should be easy as Sarah will be on hand to help out.

The helicopter - you're on your own here. Just use the flash grenades wisely, shoot the gan canisters to save flash grenades, and try to turn on the lights whenever possible. Stay on the pad as well. If you stick to that, you'll do fine.

Oh, and do them on normal... It's obvious, but hey, it needs to be said.

wait, you only need to survive up until you get in the helicopter? i played through all of episode five without dying up until i accidentally jumped off the edge at the floodgates X) and didn't get this achievement. is it glitched or can it only be earned via replay?

wait, you only need to survive up until you get in the helicopter? i played through all of episode five without dying up until i accidentally jumped off the edge at the floodgates X) and didn't get this achievement. is it glitched or can it only be earned via replay?

Don't know why you didn't get, but it can be earned via replay and it's not that hard, so no worries :)

Hey awesome guide. Just a suggestion for you though, the kill x number of Taken with each weapon achievements can be farmed. Just get a few kills in an area with lots of enemies close to a checkpoint (I recommend Chapter 3; Ransom in the train yard).

Simply kill some taken, check stats, restart checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.

I used this method for all weapon kills and the 1000 birds.

Yeah, i farmed them in Episode 3, where you have to disable to generator to get over the electronic fence. Its a good place to get those environmental kills, the car kills and the taken object kills as well.

I've watched 2 TV shows completely so far, and boob tube has not unlocked yet. oh well. Game is awesome though.

Yes Boob Tube has nothing to do with the other TV shows / cheevos.

In episode 4 (I think) you will have to switch on a TV inside the Cauldron Lake Lodge.

When you will have to leave, there will be a TV in a room on the way

Cheers for the heads up folks. I will edit them and add in the tips.

I wonder if the Bulldozer one means you have to survive and not die once... I've got it on both playthroughs now, but I never died...

I got this cheeve by beating it...........but it killed me at the same time.

Hi Guys,

All Collectibles For Alan Wake:

Episode 1

=>

Episode 2

=>YouTube- Alan Wake - Episode 2: Taken - ALL Collectibles

Episode 3

part1 =>

part2 =>

Episode 4

=>YouTube- Alan Wake - Episode 4: The Trurth - ALL Collectibles

Episode 5

=>

Episode 6

=>YouTube- Alan Wake - Episode 6: Departure - ALL Collectibles

Nightmare Pages Only

=>

thx Swearing at video game.

I found another can pyramid that isn't listed. In Episode 5 while you're following Sarah, you will reach an area with several porta-potties in which 2 or 3 taken attack you. Shortly afterward you will see an RV with the pyramid on top.

Yes Boob Tube has nothing to do with the other TV shows / cheevos.

In episode 4 (I think) you will have to switch on a TV inside the Cauldron Lake Lodge.

When you will have to leave, there will be a TV in a room on the way

I can verify this. It will start out with a blue car leaving a parking garage if it's the one you're looking for.

Collectibles Spreadheet

I have recently created a spreadsheet from Webb's Walkthough. It tells you how many you have collected, how many you have left and generally just makes it much easier to mark off which ones you have you done. Unfortunatetly they are on different tabs which means you have to jump back and forward as you go but if you read three or four ahead on each one you shouldn't have any problems. I got all the way through and only missed one coffee thermos.

Click here for 2007 version or click on image to download. If you need 2003 version (i.e.xls) click here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 905x858.http://www.stmarkscentre.org/img/Alan.JPG

*** It is missing one of the Radio's but I had 11 of 11 before the end anwway as there is 13 in total but I don't know which one it was and where I found it. Check this link for help if your still missing one. ***

Hope it helps!

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82
Updated Spreadsheet