Games people rate which you just can't seem to get into?

Tootell

It's funny that so many people have said Dead Space. I actually just beat it last night after not playing it for almost a year and I really enjoyed it. Now, I need to play DS2 before the new one.

My game that I can't get into is Call of Duty. After playing MW and MW2, I just can't play COD anymore after falling in love with Battlefield 3. I even got Black Ops 2 as a gift and have yet to play it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Dead Space, despite the fact that I've only ever played the first one. :p

OT; I could never get into the gameplay of Assassins Creed. I've only played the first title but I just couldn't get into the game. I did like the story & I do recognize it as a good game, it's just that I couldn't get into it. Something to do with the gameplay mechanics that pushed me away.

Edited by Nevergraf

OT; I could never get into the gameplay of Assassins Creed. I've only played the first title but I just couldn't get into the game. I did like the story & I do recognize it as a good game, it's just that I couldn't get into it. Something to do with the gameplay mechanics that pushed me away.

I highly recommend you try out Assassins Creed II. Your complaint about the first game is a common one, and is addressed in the second game with less repetitive, more enjoyable gameplay.

GTA IV- This one was a HUGE disappointment for me. Horrible driving mechanics, clunky controls, and average multiplayer. It's not a bad game, but it could have been a hell of alot better IMO.

I agree with this. It just felt like a step backwards from the previous games. It was a lot better graphically though.

Quite a few actually;

- LA Noire: Literally put me to sleep after a few murder cases, and nice catering to people that don't have vibration enabled! (LOL)

- Skyrim: So much to do, but very of little satisfaction to me; the better term that I could use is "fluff"

- The Halo series: Given the series many, many chances to somehow try and "sweep me up" with it's critical acclaim- nope, completely bland multiplayer and Campaigns that make Gears of War's story sound like a masterpiece.

- Metroid: Could never get into the space-y version of Castlevania, great games- but not my taste

- Grand Theft Auto: Where to begin?! HAHA!

I probably have a few other games that just "weren't my cup of tea" that I can't think of at the moment, but for now that's enough hate. ;p

Skyrim, Oblivion, Fable series, Final Fantasy series, games like that.

Fallout

GTA after they stopped the top-down view games, but especially IV. And zero excitement for V.

While I enjoyed playing through Mass Effect 3, I still don't really see the big deal with that series. It's just ok, rather than being the amazing set of games a lot of people think they are.

Similar thing with Gears of War. They were semi-enjoyable to play though co-op once, but I've had enough of them now. They get boring very quickly, and the multiplayer is just plain awful.

I expect there are more, but can't think of any right now.

No matter how long I play it I cannot get into Mass Effect. I've tried because most people say the being is boring, but I was 6 hours in and I just cannot force my self to play it.

Battlefield. Not really into online gaming so most fps that focus on online I tend not to play but I cannot stand battlefield. It is so boring in my opinion.

That's all I can think of for right now I'll update if I think of more.