Wolfenstein 3D & Wolfenstein 3D (EU)?

Endelyon

Hi.

I was just wondering what the hell is the difference between:

Wolfenstein 3D

Wolfenstein 3D (EU)

I live in Sweden, so I picked EU at first, but then I was confused because when you go to overview there were no news there, whether at the other version all the regular news has gone.

And when you look at the leaderboards for the EU, people from all over the world has completed the game, so not exactly people from EU. Why even add in a different achievementlist in EU? It's so unnecessary. Could have just had the normal one. Then why doesn't the other games have a (EU) counterpart?

Hi.

I was just wondering what the hell is the difference between:

Wolfenstein 3D

Wolfenstein 3D (EU)

I live in Sweden, so I picked EU at first, but then I was confused because when you go to overview there were no news there, whether at the other version all the regular news has gone.

And when you look at the leaderboards for the EU, people from all over the world has completed the game, so not exactly people from EU. Why even add in a different achievementlist in EU? It's so unnecessary. Could have just had the normal one. Then why doesn't the other games have a (EU) counterpart?

There are a lot of games that are from different regions with separate achievement lists. Lot's of people like playing through these "stackable" games for extra points.

Though personally I would prefer just 1 version of every game and have them with no region restrictions.

Why even add in a different achievementlist in EU? It's so unnecessary. Could have just had the normal one. Then why doesn't the other games have a (EU) counterpart?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was because of the localization. They likely had to tone down or remove the Nazi references for the European version in order to be able to release the game for German players. And since the content was changed that much, Xboxs recognize them as separate games.

So since I live in EU, I should go with the EU one then? I R CONFUSE!!

Correct.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was because of the localization. They likely had to tone down or remove the Nazi references for the European version in order to be able to release the game for German players. And since the content was changed that much, Xboxs recognize them as separate games.

And correct. :)

Would anyone happen to know if I could download the EU version from NA if I had EU points on EU profile?

Just unsure if it will let me download it. Dead Rising Case Zero/West stacks are certainly a massive problem.

From what I heard you need to use a VPN to download the EU version as it`s region ip locked for Europe.