Play Episode 5, game starts at Episode 1

Daytripper

Same thing happened to me this morning, but it eventually started working fine. Here is what I did:

• Autoplay Episode 5
  • Game starts Episode 1
  • Crap! Dashboard!
  • Reload game
  • Checked stats on each episode and noticed my choices were still listed
  • Manually replayed Episode 4, works fine
  • Returned to main menu, and manually selected Episode 5.
  • Enjoyed story finale

It seems the autosave feature is simply your progress within the episode and effectively replaying Episode 1 DOES NOT write over your choices. Hopefully it helps

Same thing happened to me this morning, but it eventually started working fine. Here is what I did:

• Autoplay Episode 5
  • Game starts Episode 1
  • Crap! Dashboard!
  • Reload game
  • Checked stats on each episode and noticed my choices were still listed
  • Manually replayed Episode 4, works fine
  • Returned to main menu, and manually selected Episode 5.
  • Enjoyed story finale

It seems the autosave feature is simply your progress within the episode and effectively replaying Episode 1 DOES NOT write over your choices. Hopefully it helps

Too late for me, in rage I deleted my save file :(, just finished Ep1, think I made most of the same choice's, well at least the main one's anyway

:eek:

This is beyond a joke, at least last time you could play the game with your choice's, be it without getting achievements, but this time they have completely screwed the game. Every time you finish an episode it takes you out to the main menu, which after completing the first episode went to select episode 2(continuation) and it took me to episode 1 but the last little bit, back out loaded episode 2 again and it worked this time. But then again after completing episode 2 and being sent to the main menu again, went to load episode 3 and was sent back to episode 1.

This is without mentioning the extreme freezing/lag I'm getting in cut scenes and stuff, I know it was there before but not as bad as this.

Seriously what the fuck, it's as if Telltale are doing this to force us to buy the retail copy, Telltale need to release a patch to fix this ASAP or this is the last of there game's I'm buying, despite loving this game as this is disgraceful!:mad:

This appears to be a widespread issue, not just on X360 but also happens on PC according to players on the Telltale forums. I was really looking forward to play the final episode but decided to check the forums first in case of reported glitches. Now it looks like I'll be waiting for the patch to make sure my choices carry over.

I planned to replay the game at some later point anyway to test out different choices but I want to see my initial playthrough come to a conclusion first!

This happened to me after downloading episode four, but a solution was posted over at Telltalegames:

- Start up the game and get to the menu screen

- Sign out of gamer profile

- The game takes you back to the start screen and asks you to sign in again

- Once you sign in it should ask you to select a save device

- Hopefully this will pick up your saved games and you can contine from where you left off

Hmm I think I might wait a little before I play the last episode. I am used to waiting after each episode is released before I play them anyway haha.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if the fix NJackson21 posted works?

Edited by BluWolve

Hmm I think I might wait a little before I play the last episode. I am used to waiting after each episode is released before I play them anyway haha.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if the fix NJackson21 posted works?

It worked for me, altough I was pretty pissed off and watched a Let's Play of episode 5 before I stumbled over this solution. Oh well, gotta finish it myself tomorrow (and the guy playing it didn't talk over the action too much and picked pretty much the same thing I'd have picked myself, so that's at least that).

It worked for me, altough I was pretty pissed off and watched a Let's Play of episode 5 before I stumbled over this solution. Oh well, gotta finish it myself tomorrow (and the guy playing it didn't talk over the action too much and picked pretty much the same thing I'd have picked myself, so that's at least that).

Awesome thanks for the reply, im gonna give it a go. Hopefully I don't even need to use the fix but if I do at least I know it works.

EDIT: When I went to play there was an update and I had no issues.

Edited by BluWolve

I still ran into the same issue where you would get Ep. 1 to play instead of Ep. 5. Even after an update I ran into the problem.

I attempted NJackson21's method and it method worked for me. Might want to give it a try if you have problems.

It also might be wise to copy your save file, before you attempt to play Ep. 5.

It over wrote my save too but when I load up Ep. 5 everything storywise seems to be okay.

Same here. It took ages for the discon/update message to appear, and when I did get into the game, it was at the start of ep1. Dashboard, restart and it was all fine, decisions were all still there.

This happened to me for every episode after the first one. It would select the newest episode as the default choice on the menu, then when I started it it would be Episode 1. I just needed to make sure to move to a different episode, then move back to the newest episode again, then it would start it. I never did lose my save.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me as well. I thought it was me being stupid but obviously not, plus I defo remember seeing the picture of CLem before loading the chapter. Telltale games you may have the game of the year, but you need to patch it! Now Im stuck with the retard that is Ben! :(

• 1 month later...