Disaster Area - UK Billion, or US Billion?

I would have thought it would be US billion ie 10^9. Is the damage stat total damage or EDF property destroyed?

It's EDF damage. The game doesnt seem to give an exact amount of EDF damage given. I do have the achievement now, but I get a bit annoyed when the game companies don't make them selves clear enough.

Sometimes they don't need to be clear, but when theres a flippin achievement tracker, then they need to get it right! lol

• 2 weeks later...

(Just my first google search)

OK, here in UK a Billion equals

100 Million whereas in the US it

is 1,000 Million. What gives?

US: (10 to Power of)

10 to the 1 = 10

10 to the 2 = 100

10 to the 3 = 1,000 (Thousand)

10 to the 6 = 1,000,000 (Million)

10 to the 9 = 1,000,000,000 (Billion)

UK

10 to the 3 = 1,000

10 to the 6 = 1,000,000 (Million)

10 to the 8 = 100,000,000 (UK Billion)

http://forums.appleinsider.com/archive/index.php/t-11297.html

Well I have always thought the UK Billion was "One Thousand Million" / 1,000,000,000

Although you are not necesarily tought Billions, I don't think it matters in exams as I have always written the American Billion.

One thousand million is a billion... as a Science teacher who values international standards, any nation that takes a minority view and says otherwise is a spanner in the gears of progress...

Much like Americans with their ghastly inches and miles and gallons... I mean, preposterous!

One thousand million is a billion... as a Science teacher who values international standards, any nation that takes a minority view and says otherwise is a spanner in the gears of progress...

Much like Americans with their ghastly inches and miles and gallons... I mean, preposterous!

Ok I am confused now because that is saying "Yay for the american thousand million", but bog off america for the ghastly inches and miles. Us brits use miles!

Wait, what?

I'm from the UK - from Scotland - and can honestly say that all through school, college and my adult life, I've NEVER known a billion to be anything other than 1,000 million.

I was taught that at school and then when I left school to study Physics, again it was NEVER just 100 million.

And to be sure, when I saw this thread, I called my mate to get him to ask his Dad - he's a professsor at Aberdeen University - and guess what? He agrees... Its 1000 million here too - so whats with this UK being different to the US thing.

EDIT: Right, just to clarify - Both the US and UK billion are the same - one thousand million - and have been the same since 1974.

Anyhoo...

Edited by marKot1k

Wait, what?

I'm from the UK - from Scotland - and can honestly say that all through school, college and my adult life, I've NEVER known a billion to be anything other than 1,000 million.

I was taught that at school and then when I left school to study Physics, again it was NEVER just 100 million.

And to be sure, when I saw this thread, I called my mate to get him to ask his Dad - he's a professsor at Aberdeen University - and guess what? He agrees... Its 1000 million here too - so whats with this UK being different to the US thing.

EDIT: Right, just to clarify - Both the US and UK billion are the same - one thousand million - and have been the same since 1974.

Anyhoo...

This is what I thought! I was always tought that 1000 million is a billion, but was always told the american one is different.

But not since 1974 ¬_¬ haaa