Screwed by the glitch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Started it on hard, auto-save was on, but I turned it off immediately. No achievement.. :(

Deleted all saves from cache, started it on hard, auto save was off, did story only... (god this game is boring) ACHIEVEMENT FINALLY!!

Now I gotta start it up on easy again, to do the final 100% thingies... eurgh. Why do I even bother.... DAMN MY OCD!

Edited by Cydonia

After playing 'HBP' I will probably go back and play this again (I found it £7.99 in GAME). However I do have an old 'save game' for it.... which may glitch my achievement.

So if I delete the save off my HD, and by turning Auto-save off and playing on Hard first time it should unlock right?

Then I can make a new save on easy and get the rest.

Has anyone that played on Easy/Auto Save On first tried going back in and turning Auto Save off on that Save then trying to defeat Voldemort on Hard/Auto Save Off?

Just got glitched so I deleted my save file, cleared my cache and am on my 3rd run through on Hard/Auto Save Off. Stupid glitch!

This glitch is wierd, but my friends found a way around it.

You have to start the game on hard mode from the beggining for the acheivement to unclock, you can't start it on easy, must be done on hard all the way through from the first day you play it, not doing so will result in you losing your previous game saves by having to delete them so you can start on hard again.

im getting the game soon, maybe tomorrow, just to try this stupid glitch.. ill edit the post when i've done it.

• 2 weeks later...

HOPE!

I did not get the achievement when I finished on hard.

I then completed 100%, saved, restarted xbox.

Turned on autosave (I had it off the whole time), continued, turned autosave off, continued, ACHIEVEMENT!

This was my first and ONLY playthrough, i did NOT play easy/normal at all

EDIT: I was OFFLINE at the time.

Edited by Jarand 360

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started the game on hard and with autosave on. After I read about the glitch I turned autosaved off and then played through the 100 % on hard. This didn't work... So I deleted all my saves, started a new game on hard with autosave off, then ran through the game in one sitting, without saving and recieved the achievement.

I just tried that man, I made it 3 hours but its like 5:33AM and I feel like I'm gonna crash... arruughh... so I saved once. I'll finish the last of the game tomorrow. I'm up to the Unhinge Umbridge part, with the swamps and PA speakers. I don't think there's too much game left. Hard run with auto-save off, purely going for the story. Which yes I agree, is boring as hell. x_x

This game is like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Mostly walking. Walking. Walking.

EDIT: I saved once as mentioned earlier, and I saved again right before the Sirius battle. Then I finished the game and the achievement popped. So, hard play, auto save off, saved twice. and 1000g this

Edited by Oinkness

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
I saved once as mentioned earlier, and I saved again right before the Sirius battle. Then I finished the game and the achievement popped. So, hard play, auto save off, saved twice. and 1000g this

I pretty much just did the same thing. I deleted my previous save, did only the story, saved twice. Nothing. I tried turning auto-save on then off and on again. Still no cheevo.

Seems like the only other way to do it is to go all the way through without saving. This is so frustrating. REALLY don't want to play this through for a 3rd time. :mad:

EDIT: Just finished my 3rd run of the story. Auto-save off, didn't save once. It popped right after the final cutscene. Seems like that's the safest way to go.

Edited by Al Capwn