Anyone Work In GAME? (UK)

You do know you're friend could get fired and fined for giving you the game early right? I wouldn't let my friend risk his job for a game.

Ive already explored these possibilities by asking him "cant you get in trouble/fired/fined/cautioned" and its apparently one of his perks of his job unless its somthing like Call of duty because they are VERY strict on breaking street dates. This was told to him by his manager so i dont think it could go any higher.

But i think its the same in the uk as places like Play.com and Shopto.net, as soon as they receive the items in stock they will send them as they PROMISE to get you them before or ON release date or else they give you a £3 Discount voucher/Credit your account (dont know what that would be in dollars D: )

I work on a bar (i know its a COMPLETELY different area/type of work) but i wouldnt do anything to risk my job and wouldnt put my friends in that position :)

He's given me the date of Wednesday the 16th and street date here for MVC3 is friday the 18th so not seriously early but would be nice :)

Ive already explored these possibilities by asking him "cant you get in trouble/fired/fined/cautioned" and its apparently one of his perks of his job unless its somthing like Call of duty because they are VERY strict on breaking street dates. This was told to him by his manager so i dont think it could go any higher.
With all due respect to your friend's intelligence, doesn't he think that MvC3 qualifies as that? This is literally the biggest fighting game release since Street Fighter IV and probably will be the biggest game release this year until Gears of War 3 or the next Call of Duty.

With all due respect to your friend's intelligence, doesn't he think that MvC3 qualifies as that? This is literally the biggest fighting game release since Street Fighter IV and probably will be the biggest game release this year until Gears of War 3 or the next Call of Duty.

If you really think MvC3 qualifies as being "the biggest game release this year until Gears of War 3 or the next Call of Duty"; you sir have no idea how this industry works.

If you really think MvC3 qualifies as being "the biggest game release this year until Gears of War 3 or the next Call of Duty"; you sir have no idea how this industry works.

Then what do you think will be bigger? It's been sold out almost everywhere.

At any rate if it was AS BIG as cod then it would have a worldwide release date

Black Ops was released at different times.

Then what do you think will be bigger? It's been sold out almost everywhere.

Supply and demand. It's not sold out everywhere, but supplies are much lower then for example Gears of War 3, etc.

They aren't gonna crank out 8 million copies of the game for a months supply like other huge titles. This game will get a max of 1.2 - 2 mil copies for the first month of release. Your also talking about a genre that is very underplayed/even looked at. In the fighting genre/fighting lovers, yes, this game will do very very well. But to the rest of the world, not so much.

Just to name a few big sellers coming soon:

Bulletstorm

Killzone 3

Brink

Farther away:

Uncharted 3

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Battlefield 3

Gears of War 3

To be fare, I named PS3 exclusives and Xbox 360 exclusives. No one besides "fighters" will be buying this game and the odd end of a couple people who wanna try it out. You can't even compare a game like this to a "true" big game release. Yes, I have this game payed off because I love fighters and this will probably be the only thing I play for a while besides Bulletstorm. Aside from that up to Brink and the couple other titles to release. This will be my core game to play.

Bulletstorm- Won't be as big as you think

Killzone 3- Forgot about KZ3

Brink- Brink is NOT going to be that big. I'm definitely picking it up, but I'm calling it a sleeper hit right now.

Farther away:

Uncharted 3- Might come out after Gears, since Gears is "Fall" as well

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- Same with this

Battlefield 3-Same with this

Gears of War 3- Already mentioned this.

Bulletstorm- Won't be as big as you think

Killzone 3- Forgot about KZ3

Brink- Brink is NOT going to be that big. I'm definitely picking it up, but I'm calling it a sleeper hit right now.

Farther away:

Uncharted 3- Might come out after Gears, since Gears is "Fall" as well

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- Same with this

Battlefield 3-Same with this

Gears of War 3- Already mentioned this.

If you don't think Bulletstorm will be as big as I think? I'm pretty sure the Pre-order sales nearly triple that of MvC3 right now. Yet again, your naming a genre that is so small vs. RPG or even Shooters.

I'm going to got with Foxhound on this. They are really advertising the crap out of this game. Not only fighting game fans will buy this. The fact that Marvel is in front of it will get a lot more people to buy. Honestly the only games you listed that I'm getting are Bulletstorm, UC3, GoW3. Bulletstorm will be big but not as big as this and of course UC3 and GoW3 are going to be big maybe even bigger than CoD. Bulletstorm will be awesome but the lack of competitive multiplayer will turn a lot of people away. It shouldn't but the reality is it will.

I'm going to got with Foxhound on this. They are really advertising the crap out of this game. Not only fighting game fans will buy this. The fact that Marvel is in front of it will get a lot more people to buy. Honestly the only games you listed that I'm getting are Bulletstorm, UC3, GoW3. Bulletstorm will be big but not as big as this and of course UC3 and GoW3 are going to be big maybe even bigger than CoD. Bulletstorm will be awesome but the lack of competitive multiplayer will turn a lot of people away. It shouldn't but the reality is it will.

They can advertise all they want. After looking at the preorder charts for this week/past weeks; other games are far above this for both consoles. It isn't a genre that is that big a deal vs RPG/Shooter fans out there. Yes, I have no doubt this game will sell very well for it's genre. But nothing compared to other titles because it is a fighter.

I have a friend who works at GAME and as i far as i know he can get it a day early but apparently you pay a bit extra. Your better off just pre-ordering it from zavvi or play if you want a good deal.

hes been told that theyve been dispatched from the supplier and it can be any day after monday (possibly even monday). also hes picking up a copy for himself and as hes staff he gets 25% discount (In the UK). ive already given him my £40 but who knows i might see some change if he gets discount :)

I'm going to got with Foxhound on this. They are really advertising the crap out of this game

in the us they must be but over here in the UK i havnt seen a single television advertisement and in any gamestore it only has a small poster or Pre-order incentive display case.

as mentioned previously i work in a bar and theres multiple TV's and theyre on alot but again i havnt seen a single advert. i guess it will ramp up starting tomorrow (monday) :)

I work for Gamestation, and doubt that Marvel will fall under the Triple A title band, so your friend should be fine for getting it early. The only games that have been embargo'd that I can recall have been Gears, Halos, CoDs, Little Big Planet 2, I'm sure theres a couple more from this past year, but can't quite remember.

Gamestation staff have been able to get games early for ages. Its only recently that the company gave the same rights to the Game staff, which is unfair. Game staff still don't have the right to borrow games like GS staff do though. Never understood why Game Group have kept all the perks away from Game for so long.

Shops get deliveries Tuesday-Saturday. Should be one each day. New released due out on a Friday typically come in on a Wednesday/Thursday. But can sometimes be the Tuesday if its a bigger game (or one with high pre-orders for the store) where loads of stock is required.

The reason it costs a bit more to buy before it is out is due to the fact that the price for the game is not set on the tills until around 5pm on Thursday night. So if it scans at £49.99 when it comes in, they get discount off of that price and not the friday selling price. On the odd occasion (Test Drive Unlimited 2) staff get it a bit cheaper - Scanned at £39.99 before Friday and £42.99 on Friday.

Just tought I'd post to give everyone a bit of insight :p

Black Ops was released at different times.

No it wasn't. Black Ops had a worldwide release of 9/11/2010 or 11/9/2010 (For our american friends) COD has never had different release dates for its games.

OT:

Yes your friend is right depending on the game you can get it early or not. When i worked at Gamestation (Big UK game retailer) I got MoH a week early but i couldn't get Black Ops even 10 minutes early because of its Embargo (if you dont know what one is look it up). Se3iing as MvC imo wont be a big Triple A title he should have no problem getting it a few days early.

It should arrive Tuesday or Thursday.

Edit: Nmv. Basa has all the info you need :p

No it wasn't. Black Ops had a worldwide release of 9/11/2010 or 11/9/2010 (For our american friends) COD has never had different release dates for its games.

Edit: Nmv. Basa has all the info you need :p

True, was 9th of November. And yea, just beat you to it :p

Yea I remember MoH too. We got it in on the Saturday before it was out. Played online a lot and got reset twice before it was released on Friday. I was raging haha.