We need better guides for X40 Combo, and Freeflow Perfection

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe

These are by far the hardest achievments in the game, and I'm usually I'm not the type to ask for guides but I'm more of a shooter guy and only mediocre at beatem ups...

So will the people who've managed post a consensus on what is the best way, and why....

I got very close to 40 twice but now I'd have to replay the campaign (on easy?) to get back.

The freeflow perfection i have grinded that challenge on extreme, ive been so close SOOO many times, I actually thought i did it once, so can anyone post the rules/tricks, because ive been doing it in one combo, i think i fuck up with the batarang, but I watched a vid of someone doing the same challenge it looks like he gets it from to seperate challenges, because he loses it and gets another small one and ground takedowns a guy for it to unlock

help would be appreciated im sure by not just me

far from the hardest achievements in the game, I would say the perfect knight or combat gold is way harder

but anyways

I got 40 combo on rumble in the jungle...so dont need to go back to the story for that one...just keep jumping and hit..jump and hit...watch out for when they throw stuff though

as for freeflow perfection, that one is a bit hard and there are video detailing how to do it, but I feel that working out your own method and order is better...I would say though obviously start with your regular combat moves strike, stun, counter, evade...then use your instant take down...punch some more and throw you batarang while your at it...then use your combo throw...and continue to punch until there are three left...use the batclaw which should pull them down...do the ground takedown and wala....hope that made sense..I did it on intensive treatment extreme first round

oh and remember you can only use stun twice in a row or youll lose your combo

batarang is once in a row

and one thing that fd me up is that batarang is one tap...I always did two...which as Ive said above cancels the combo

Edited by KNIGHTOFSERA

If you play the game enough you should easily get this achievement. You won't get it right away or by using a guide because you have to have some skill and experience to get it. My advice is to do it on the second or third round of rumble in the jungle, there are more than enough guys here just keep on jumping then punching. Just watch out for when the enemies try to throw those security panels at you.

OK my suggestion would be to try for them in the area when you first enter the Arkham Mansion and you fly down to the big group, once you get your x40 combo you will be skilled enough to build combos in your sleep.

For the freeflow perfection, my main trouble was remembering what I had done and what I needed, it just requires practice.

I got the x40 combo achievement [spoiler=RadiantViper]I believe right after you find Poison Ivy in the Botanical Gardens for the second (?) time and she closes the room off when you leave ... anyways it's after you get the zipline thingy and when you leave there are a bunch of thugs across the chasm you crossed to get there. Just zipline across, knocking down 1 or 2 might help since you don't want to get overwhelmed.

It took me 8 or 9 tries, just kept reloading the last checkpoint.

There were probably 8 or 9 of them and none of them had weapons, maybe lead pipes but nothing serious. Two tips I would give is when you're switching enemies because you knocked one down, if possible aim for isolated enemies so the others can't hit you. With a little luck you can get a string where you keep knocking the thugs down in order, so none of them even touch you. The other thing is to always be ready to counter, obvious but it's better to be safe then sorry. That being said don't press Y too quickly, I've lost a lot of combos cause the counter indicator popped up half a second after I pressed Y ...

i got the achievement on Rumble In The Jungle Extreme. i just started a combo by hitting the thugs, and then climbed on one of the Titans, after that i kept hitting the thugs, then walked close to the other Titan and knocked him down, then i jumped on his back and just kept doing that until the achievement unlocked. it also got me the 3 bats for the challenge.

This is how I did my 40 x combo.

Map: Sewer Bat (Extreme) Round One.

um... steps....

1). What I did was built my combo, and reduce the amount of the thugs at the same time. I believe there were 9-11 in the beginning, so when I first got my 5 x combo, I used A+X (or Y+B) to take one out. When I received 11 x combo, I used my take down move again to take out one more thugs. Something to keep in mind here is that do not take out more than 3 thugs in the beginning, or you might be out of body to hit to keep the combo.

2). So once you take out the 2nd (or 3rd) thugs, you are now with 11 x combo. What I recommend from here on out is create space and distance between you and the thugs, especially if you are having hard time countering. This does not mean, you should have one guy on one side of the map, and one thug in other. You have to rotate your camera and see that they are within the attacking range when you press X to strike.

3). As you are attacking a thug, rotate your camera to see your next target, and anyone else around (that way you will know when/if you need to counter). Like I mention on step one, do NOT take out too many thugs in the beginning or you might be out of body to hit.

This is the method I used to get 40 x combo. This method may sound ridiculous to some other players, and stupid, however, this was the method I felt comfortable, especially not worrying about counter every 1 second. Like I said, the key is to distance and space, that way you can strike, strike, strike, and kind of circle around (not literally) and build your combo.

Now for the Freeflow Perfection.

Strike and Counter is something you must do, so don't have to worry much about this.

As for the map, I got this on second round of Intensive Treatment or same map on (Extreme). I don't remember, sorry. -_-

1). Work your way for 5 X combo for either X + A or Y + B.

2). After taking that first thug down, you should either Stun or Evade. Which ever one you choose, I recommend doing these two and get it out of the way.

3). Continue with your combo until you can use the next take down combo. And make sure to use the X + A if you used Y + B on step one, or Y + B if you used X + A.

4). Next move you want to pull out is RT + Y. The reason why I saved this later is because you are open to attack WHILE performing the move. Where X +A and Y + B, they CANNOT hit you (or at least I never got hit while I was performing the move). By taking out few thugs, you will have less chance. Be very cautious when to use RT + Y.

5). Now we have: Strike, Counter, Take Down, Stun, Evade, and 2nd Take Down, and RT + Y. Last two move you should perform is Batclaws AND THEN Batarang. Batarang is highly recommended to use at last. Remember to double trigger quickly as possible, because if you miss the chance, you WILL have to do all over again.

This is the step I used, and it worked out. So, I hope these help anyone who are struggling.

I think I got the achievement on rumble in the jungle, but when playing through the campaign again on easy to get the party pooper achievement that i missed on my hard playthrough, I got about a 70 combo in the fight in the sewer junction with the titan.

I'd definately recommend doing this on a challenge or on an easy playthrough where you can easily see when you need to counter, then just do a throw or takedown every 5 hits

Check out my combat guide. It has some helpful tips about combat in general which should help out a lot with these achievements

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=175615

freeflow perfection is something you are going to have to master for the combat challenges. you should be doing all nine moves in one combo for almost every round.

the freeflow combo 40x will come with practice. eventually you'll be getting 30x combos pretty often in the challenges, it's not too much more for 40.

The place where you get the party pooper achievement is where I got the 40x. alternatively, the extreme challenges are good places too. The challenges also load faster than a game save.

I ended up getting my X40 on the part in the campain where you goto the party . . .

I had missed the party pooper acheeve so I had to go back anyways, It took me several tries hitting 34, 36, 32, but eventually got it and this area is nice because there's no weapons . . .

As for the free flow perfection still no luck but that video above was really nice move by move even tho it was for playstation . . .

Surprisingly I found freeflow perfection a lot easier than i thought it'd be! I done sewer bat extreme challenege .... i tried like 3 times an at the end of my 2nd n 3rd go i thought i did it but forgot to do ground pound and stun ... i was gutted! But the fourth time i got it. Only tip i can think of is make a point to do the moves you dont normaly do as often (for me batarang n stun) do them asap ... get em out the way an then make sure you kill off as many goons as poss an wait til theres only a couple left an do ground pound last! .... Im pretty sure i got like 10,000 bonus for doing it!

If you need to clear time and room to do the ground pound remember that you can take down about six guys at a time by combining the batclaw and batarang in a row. You won't lose your combo. Try to aim the ground pound either behind or in front of you so if there is somebody standing you have enough time to pound a fallen enemy before they can come over and attack. Batman will fly quite a good distance in the air to do the ground pound but he doesn't have infinite range.

double tap RT quickly for batclaw it should grab three people that will come stumbling towards you then fall on their face for a couple seconds

tap LT once to toss out three batarangs

if you are trying to do these things without Batman fully powered up you are making it more difficult than it should be

I got both the achievements for freeflow perfection and a 40x combo this past weekend. The key to a 40x combos is critical strikes. once you get a few, they actually begin to multiply your score by 2x.

The best challenge room to do the 40x combo is Sewer Bat Extreme, in the 1st round, as there are plenty of goons and they don't have knives or guns yet. Learn how to use the right analog stick to look around for your next target, and to see which goons have the counter symbol. If you see that symbol, YOU MUST COUNTER! If you try a regular hit, you will be hit! It's as simple as that. If you're like me, I had a bad habit of trying to do a regular punch or kick, and I kept losing my combo.

As for freeflow perfection, use the Intensive Treatment map. The order of moves to get the achievement the easiest should be something like this

1. Batclaw

2. Cape Stun (when the Batclawed goons get close)

3. Dodge (jump over one of the stunned goons)

4. Regular kicks/punches in succession

5. Snap a goon's leg/arm

6. Goon will probably be behind you and ready to be countered

7. Combo throw the next goon (may need to kick/punch a goon again first)

8. Regular kicks/punches in succession

At that point, if you have 2-3 goons left, do the batarang and continue with regular kicks/punches, and then finish with the ground takedown (be aware of who is still dazxed on the floor). If there are 1-2 goons left, do the ground takedown 1st, and batarang the last dude. Hope this helps.

BTW, the new Insane Night map is good for combo practice. I was getting frustrated with these two until I used that to get better. Now, I'm 2 gold medals away from 100% complete! Keep at it guys and you will get there evntually!

cant really make a guide for this since, you pretty much know the eight steps. the way i got knews to it was....take your time, done rush things, especially with ground takedowns since they make you vulnerable. and for 40x i did this on one of the first challenges, just keep countering and hitting them, use batterangs since they will know them down to the floor, and rack up like 3 hits

Edited by !xobile

not hard at all. go to Intensive Treatment (Extreme) or Sewer Bat (Extreme) and practice there. they're the best places, imo. i got both of these achievements there.

I agree. I got my 40X combo on the second or third wave of sewer bat extreme. There are so many people, it's one of the easier places in my opinion.

As for freeflow perfection, i did that on the second/third wave of intensive treatment. I used a strategy posted here (starts with ultraclaw 3 dudes...) Hope this helps.