OMG! Beat the meatflag!

JOSHcoops34

How much does this achievement suck! so far...

I have played for 3 hours with bots - the other team can just walk the meatflag home but my team suffer and clog the shite out of each other!

Boosted 4 times - each with a clueless host and have spent most of the time spening 2-3 hours just searching for each other.

Played rank - where everyone has uber amounts of skill and just blitz me... also the team are just focused about stealing the meatflag.

What does one have to do to get this achievement lol!

I did it with bots in about an hour or so... don't rush straight for the meatflag, let him start shooting the first enemy bot and, if he goes down, you down them and grab him. Then just hope that your team bots are not being idiots.

Then you sir are extremely lucky! I have been playing with bots and it will never work like that for me. They overrun my team in seconds and when I have the meatflag my team are nowhere. But if some one on my team has the meatflag he aces it. Smoke won't even make them drop it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Then you sir are extremely lucky! I have been playing with bots and it will never work like that for me. They overrun my team in seconds and when I have the meatflag my team are nowhere. But if some one on my team has the meatflag he aces it. Smoke won't even make them drop it!

It took me around 9-10 games with all bots in the game to finally get it. Guess it was just luck when my bots had a killfeed, lol and I was able to walk into the ring not even getting shot or damaged.

• 8 months later...

just popped this game in after a long while to try this one again. Luckily participated in all the big xp events before Gears 3 so I had this one and Seriously 2.0 left. No one plays this anymore so it's all bots and they're difficult to put it nicely. I ended up getting it over the span of 4hrs or so. Don't charge for the meatflag right away, hang back and wait till everyone kills each other. If anything be the 2nd or 3rd on your team there. If their team gets it, hang back and follow teammates in. If your teammates get it, let the enemy charge you and hang back. They won't shoot you unless you engage so wait for them to kill your teammate that has the flag, pop in and shotgun everyone to pick up the meatflag yourself. Once you get it, let teammates spawn and kill everyone while you walk slowly to the ring. Always wait for them to cover you cuz if the bots get to you, you're done.

Do you need to be the one that has actually captured the meat flag or does being on the winning side count?

Ive tried this a couple of times but like on Annex the Bots coupled with the lag in the games make it almost unplayable ( 4 shotgun blasts to the face and the bot shrugs it off and downs you with one shot)

You have to be the one to capture the meat flag unfortunately. I was lucky enough not to have too much lag in my games. Considering the strength of the bots, I was lucky to get it as fast as I did. Just use your own bot team mates to your advantage and don't charge in too quick.

Do you need to be the one that has actually captured the meat flag or does being on the winning side count?

Ive tried this a couple of times but like on Annex the Bots coupled with the lag in the games make it almost unplayable ( 4 shotgun blasts to the face and the bot shrugs it off and downs you with one shot)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Speaking of Submission.

After last nights KOTH boost, right around midnight, we set up Meatflag boost.

We took the players that were then playing KOTH and switched over to Submission.

Most of our players had less than 3 captures and a couple had none.

It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get all 10 players the achevement.