Hunting / fishing? Anyone?

Young Lil Teezy

I hunt more than I fish. I mostly only go for birds though, Dove, Duck, and Pheasant usually. I didn't get a chance to go out for any ducks this season. I went out for the opener of dove and didn't get anything, hardly any birds in the sky. I'll be going on a pheasant hunt soon.

My family has a cabin on a lake up by Yosemite in California, that is really the only fishing that I do nowadays. Mostly Bluegill, Crappie, and Trout in our lake. I used to love to ocean fish but I get sea sick now, so I rarely go.

I'm from Wisconsin and everyone hunts back there, lol. I feel hunters are a little bit harder to come by out here in Cali.

I bet theres some awesome ocean fishing down there in Australia. i know blue/striped marlins really good down there.

Haha yeh its pretty good. Ive got water and oceans alot around me. About 4 or 5 different oceans all under around 1 or 2 hours away. Pretty good. I love the ocean. Just got a Jet Ski too haha, so that should be fun, hopefully. Once the weather warms up.

so saturday was deer opener in minnesota here, one of my old roomates came with us finally after years of trying to get him to come. he's got a 30-30 with no scope and shoots a 6 point buck AND a large doe (headshot at 80 yards, iron sights). No one else in our party of 5 shot anything the last few days. Not a bad first day of hunting for the roommate though, he'll probably be hooked for life now haha

I live in minnesota where these two things make up probably the backbone of how guys spend their time. Rifle season for deer starts Saturday, so I've got work off for 2 weeks to soak it up. Anyone else an outdoorsman?

Dove hunting for the win might go duck hunting with my friends when it is duck season.I also go fishing some.

I enjoy sailing and swimming, so when the weather allows it I love to go away with the boat.

I don't enjoy fishing with the rod (I always feel bad for piercing the lip of some poor fish and I can't bring myself to stab a hook through an innocent worm wtf), but I like to dive into the water and catch starfish. In shallow water I usually fish for crabs (Liocarcinus vernalis, NOT the other kind) and shrimp. Never used a stomped barnacle as bait, as I'm an animal loving hippie who figured out that candy works just as well.

I always release whatever I catch though, my brother and me used to stand a few feet away from the water and release the caught crabs and have a crab race. :3

• 1 year later...

I fish, used to hunt ( I just can't bring myself to kill something so awesome, you spend all that time in a stand and then boom, there's the deer, now kill it...lol, nope, I'd rather just look at it ) and my dad still does. I'll take a photo of his wall of fame tomorrow, and post when I get a chance. If I'm not on my xbox, drawing or writing horrible poetry I'm in the woods; rather outside than a mall, yeah?

I am literally surrounded by woods, and my parent's new home is on 40 something acres, so I can spend half the day exploring em without seeing the same tree, plus I'm quite prone to 'accidental' trespass. My dad got a 9 point a few days ago, he called and asked if my cousin and I could help him drag it out; this deer isn't very big at all, but atleast I know the sausage is on its way!

If you don't hunt, or can't see any reasoning in it, you need to stop and think that if it weren't for hunters the game population would grow beyond [its] means, and there would be more fatal accidents each year due to car wrecks from people hitting em. Not so much for those who live in the city, but definatly for the country folks. Anyway.