I don't get how people can complete every game they play

xI C0uch P0tat0

I've boosted with people who have pretty good gamerscores and I've seen their profiles and they've have completed like every game they have played. I don't see how you can manage to get every single achievement in every game you play. I guess they are just that good at every single game and are really determined. I just have 11 completed games.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are really committed to their completion %.

Most of them play games they know they can complete before they even put it in their 360 though.

Takes a lot of dedication on their part. I sure as hell can't sit through some of the games people play for gamerscore for as long as it take to 100% them.

Don't forget, some people cheat. The people you're playing with though (due to the fact that their boosting) probably aren't cheating. It just takes a lot of dedication like others have said. I know I sure as hell can't complete every game I've played. I'd rip my head off before the day came that I had the patience to do such a thing!

Yeah, alot of people are REALLY dedicated. I wish I had that kind of determination. I personally don't set out to complete every game I play. I might play for an hour or so and end up unlocking a few achievements, which are permanent on my GC, but if the game is terrible, I never even bother finishing it. Not worth the trouble or the patience to make it through some of the ridiculously shitty games I've rented in the past.

getting 100% on games is one of the most rewarding challenges the achievement system has brought me. it encourages me to try things i wouldn't normally try (i prolly would have never played quantum of solace MP if it weren't for achievements and it turned out to be a really good game!).

it also encourages me to buy some DLC i wouldn't have bought, such as operation anchorage or TLAD.

i personally get annoyed with the ADD gamers who play a game for 2 hours and then be done with it. i have so many friends with no or little 1000s, even on easy games and for some reason it just irritates me.

I think it's just OCD for a lot of people. I know that, personally, seeing a game that doesn't have 1k (or whatever) next to it will really bug me. So I go all out to finish games off as much as I can.

I'm not going to avoid games if it means ruining my percentage though, as there are things like GRAW and Chromehounds on my tag that would take 100's of hours to 1k. What really annoys me is people that only play easy games and then boast about having 100% completion. If they even bothered to sit down and put a couple of tough/long games on their card I'd have a bit more respect for them.

If you want your completion percentage to be as close to 100% as possible, play alot of easier games. Use guides when needed, boost those achievements to make it go faster, etc. As others have stated, it wouldn't be that hard to do but be picky about what you are playing and stick with the game until you are finished.

Agree with all above.

It is good to try and get as much of the game completed as possible, but just sometimes I just can't be bothered to play the game anymore. It's not that good a game, so sod it. May go back to it later, but probably not. :p

But if it is a good game to play then I will try to get more of it completed.

Plus more time you waste on one game the less time you have on the others.

Too many games and not enough time to play them! ;)

well, i have an obsessive-compulsive behavior, that i cannot see things incomplete. sometimes it´s a good thing, but it is very sad, because i can´t just drop a game that i no longer enjoy. good examples are warriors orochi 2 and lego star wars that i put hours of my life away just for the sake of completing the last achievements.

good thing about it is that i never even put a game on my console if i have a shadow of a doubt that i would dislike it, or play easy games just for score, because i don´t care for number of points, but for the completion :)

anyway, thank God that i have no problem with online achievements, i consider myself done when i have all the offline ones :woop:

They're really dedicated to the games and 100%'ing..

I thought about doing it, but realized I have a LOT of played titles I'd have to replay.. and I also realized I don't have enough time to play all the titles I DO own (Silent Hill, Prince of Persia, Last Remnant, Endwar.. none have hit the console.. and I haven't done CoD:WaW campaign) so I really don't have a chance at it.

It's a fun ideal, but I can't do it and keep up with titles I want to play and my girlfriend. I envy those who do have high completion %s.. it's more of a bragging right to 100% a game than to have a high GS (Unless you're Stallion, then you can point and laugh at everyone else)

I never really tried to 100% all the achievements until recently, in fact my first game to complete (COD4) I did just because I had all but 3 achievements anyway. Since then I've put a little extra effort in Halo 3 to get those last few before the new achievements drop and Lego Batman while playing with my son. TMNT was completed by my son alone, I have played it maybe for 30 min at most lol, but that game is so easy I could prob do it in 3-4 hrs anyway.

I'm glad that I'm not the OCD type because my Ninja Gaiden 2 would be the end of me.

Edited by syntax419