Online Pass require to play Online Mode.

Hyuzeni Pattasan

Yes, you need the online pass to play Online Mode on Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It surprise me that Namco company did that. If you purchase a new copy of this game, you get a online pass to reedem the code in order to play online mode. If you purchase a used copy of this game with no online pass, you have to purchase on Xbox Live Marketplace. I don't know how much msp cost, maybe 800msp or 1200msp.

I don't see what the big deal is. What with the amount of features packed into the game as it is, i would have been suprised if it didn't have one. And if your buying the game new anyway there's nothing to complain about really. Harada already stated that the pass is for the console and not just the account it was used on.

To be fair though, there is plenty of stuff to do offline that would give you your answer on whether you'll like the game or not. Long before you would generally even touch the online portion of the product. I don't know where you live but where i am, the gamestore actually gives me more on a trade-in/sell if you haven't used the online pass/DLC code.

To be honest i think it only really bothers gamers here because i would guess that most don't keep their games once they have obtained 1000/1000 etc. on them.

My younger brother purchase this new game 3 days ago before release date and already reedem his online pass with his own Xbox console. I already purchase my online pass on Xbox Live Marketplace and it cost 800msp with my own Xbox console. I not complaining, I just didn't know we need online pass to play online. There no problem buying a new game that come with online pass.

The problem is that I can't return this game to the store if I don't like it. The online pass prevents that. So I either have to look for a cheaper copy on the internet or buy it when it gets a price cut. And that doesn't take very long with fighting games.

Hey you can trade in other retail store if they accept it. I weren't sure if GAME do it (haven't been there for age since early this year as my last time trade in them.) but CEX store you can trade in any games you want to get cashes or use how much trade in price they give you then get other game to change to it either. (CEX, Gamestation and GAME is UK retailer stores). If your from different countries then I not sure which stores have like that.

But other way you can do is get games in amazon (online retailer store) and trade in it then hopeful someone buy it from you also you could check google and find which websites will allow you and other people make money from give away old/new games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays etc...

So you still can trade in online pass inside game case. No matter what is, you still get money back (not full price like you bought first time but useful though). :)

Hey you can trade in other retail store if they accept it. I weren't sure if GAME do it (haven't been there for age since early this year as my last time trade in them.) but CEX store you can trade in any games you want to get cashes or use how much trade in price they give you then get other game to change to it either. (CEX, Gamestation and GAME is UK retailer stores). If your from different countries then I not sure which stores have like that.

But other way you can do is get games in amazon (online retailer store) and trade in it then hopeful someone buy it from you also you could check google and find which websites will allow you and other people make money from give away old/new games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays etc...

So you still can trade in online pass inside game case. No matter what is, you still get money back (not full price like you bought first time but useful though). :)

I already ordered the game for 44 euros online. I sometimes buy a game at a store called Gamemania (Netherlands and Belgium). New games are 60 euros (10 euros more than the average price) but they're offering you a 7-day trade back service. If you don't like the game, you can return it and buy something else with the money you spend, unless the game you bought had an online code.

The problem is that I can't return this game to the store if I don't like it. The online pass prevents that. So I either have to look for a cheaper copy on the internet or buy it when it gets a price cut. And that doesn't take very long with fighting games.

I can't speak for overseas, but in America this isn't an issue. If you buy a game from a major retailer like GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and the like: you have seven days to return the item for any reason. They have no way to tell whether or not you've used the online pass code, nor do they care.

In some cases, a store will try and tell you that you can only trade it for another copy of the same game. If it's only within a few days of purchase: this is false. All of the stores mentioned above have non-management employees with the discretion to at least offer you store credit in return (even long after the initial seven day period, in many cases.)

This doesn't mean that you can exploit a business by using it like a rental service. Many of the aforementioned stores will (rightfully) show concern if you try to do this more than once in a given period of time. But for an honest purchase that you really just didn't like, every once in a while, you have options.

I was disappointed in Ubisoft for the same reasons. luckily when playing AC:revelations I had available a 3 day trial which was more than enough to get the multiplayer achievments needed to reach 1000 gp

On that note... does anyone know if the Uplay passport works with all Ubisoft games or is a different one needed for each game. I recently found that I'm going to need a code to complete a previous version of Assassins creed and will likely require on for AC 3 when it comes out

Edited by Sovisus213
wanted to extend my post without adding another reply

I already ordered the game for 44 euros online. I sometimes buy a game at a store called Gamemania (Netherlands and Belgium). New games are 60 euros (10 euros more than the average price) but they're offering you a 7-day trade back service. If you don't like the game, you can return it and buy something else with the money you spend, unless the game you bought had an online code.

Yeah at least you could trade in games and here of course between 30 to 45 pounds, depend price of new games and new budget games anyway. :)