Saved game not detected

I downloaded episode four the other day and now, for some reason, the game doesn't pick up my saved game. When I try to load an episode all slots say 'new game' but when I look in the memory section on the hard drive it says there is a saved game there. Any ideas?

-edit-

I posted this solution in another thread a little while ago but found that the problem still exists when I booted up 400 Days. This solution WORKS, it originally came from the Telltalegames boards and is what I do to play this game.

This happened to me after downloading episode four, but a solution was posted over at Telltalegames:

- Start up the game and get to the menu screen

- Sign out of gamer profile

- The game takes you back to the start screen and asks you to sign in again

- Once you sign in it should ask you to select a save device

- Hopefully this will pick up your saved games and you can contine from where you left off

Edited by NJackson21

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had this same problem till I noticed it never asked for me to select a storage device/save location.

The game would just load after hitting start and no saves. I tried dash boarding in game, selecting quit, etc. no single method worked every time but eventually it will load up and ask you to select a storage device. Oe time I worked at it for almost a 1/2 hour. But it always eventually worked.

Check to see if it asks to select a storage device. It should happen right away, after you hit start. Had to replay the first episode about 5 times till I figured it out.

• 4 weeks later...
I had similar issue what I just did was went into system then storage and copied my saved game into the cloud and when game started this time asked me to choose storage device I picked cloud and the game loaded fine saying episode 4.

THANK YOU!

Just sat down to do the last episode, was having this issue. Cleared cache, redownloaded multiple times, many other attempts, nothing. Moved my save to the cloud, worked fine. :woop:

• 2 months later...
After downloading 400 days I'm having this problem. I have moved the save to the cloud and nothing changed still no option to select storage device :confused:

I have edited my original post with a solution I found a while ago. If you follow the steps it should work for you too.

• 4 months later...

I played the first episode when it was free last year, picked all the others as they were half price.

Finished episode one, finally after almost a year without playing decide to sit and play, no save, yet its clearly on the hard drive.

Not one of us should have to do a workaround or to save to the cloud if we dont want to, this stuff should have been sorted a long time ago.

I will never buy another game from these people, you should stop making new games until you sort out the ones you have first.

• 4 months later...