LEGO Lord of the Rings Trailer

iBuzz7S

• 3 weeks later...
What's wrong with the voice acting? It adds a little emotion to the game, which is something LEGO games have been missing since Star Wars.

I actually like it.

Nothing "wrong" with it, but in my opinion there is a certain charm by not having voice acting. I loved the implied humor and acting out of scenes etc.

It's still there, to a point. But, it's so much more enjoyable (to me anyway) without any voice acting.

OT: The LotR looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. That is a perfect fit for a Lego game.

Nothing "wrong" with it, but in my opinion there is a certain charm by not having voice acting. I loved the implied humor and acting out of scenes etc.

It's still there, to a point. But, it's so much more enjoyable (to me anyway) without any voice acting.

OT: The LotR looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. That is a perfect fit for a Lego game.

I agree. Didn't really miss voice acting with the Lego games.

Still I'm looking forward to it.

Guess this will be my first LEGO game then.

It may get repetitive when every LEGO game requires you to do the same thing in a different world, you are truly missing out.

so is this all three of the movies in this game? Fellowship, Two Towers and Return of the King. Or just the Fellowship?

According to Wikia, it will have all 3.

Awesome. Not sure about voice acting - though will at least be better if they have got the original cast to do it, or using the voices as from the film would be good for that.

Thought part of the charm of the LEGO games was that they were able to communicate any part of a story without any dialogue, but then again I don't know how you could possibly explain the history, myth and society of Middle earth without dialogue or subtitles.

Thought part of the charm of the LEGO games was that they were able to communicate any part of a story without any dialogue, but then again I don't know how you could possibly explain the history, myth and society of Middle earth without dialogue or subtitles.

But it's LEGO. They don't need to explain the history, myth and society of Middle Earth. :p

I am thinking that The Hobbit will be 'part 2' of the game. I actually hope it is.