Worst Ultra?

What do you think, in your own humble opinion, is the most useless ultra?

I'm going with Akuma's Ultra 2. His first ultra can at least catch people falling from jumps, but you have to be VERRY precise with his second one. Sure it hurts a lot, and can be used after a teleport but it's soo hard to hit with. Here's the best example I have of how bad it is:

My friend is an Akuma player and he was using Ultra 2, and for shits and giggles I was Zangief. Anyway I try to grab him and miss, and he uses his ultra. His ultra MISSES completely because Zangief was doing his whole missing grab animation where he slouches over just a little, and then I hilariously use my ultra before he gets chance to recover from his.

Not only that though, but he looks like a retarded Tasmanian devil when he uses it, and ruins his character :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fei Long and Cammy's counter Ultras!!! worst ultras EVER! who really uses them anyways?. so damn bad! why did they put them in..

I admit there not great.. but i have caught a few people out with Cammy's Ultra II. And it does loads of damage.

The thing about the counter ultra's is it all about mind games. if your oponent knows you have it. they should be less likely to throw out pokes or do jump ins, bcos they can be countered so easily. Dhalsim can really strugle against a counter ultra. bcos even if his not in close range you counter one of his stretchy attacks at range, it'll still work ;)

Dhalsim's first ultra is still the worst in my opinion, it's incredibally weak.

Might I say that Dhalsims first ultra has amazing setup potential.

Anyways, I think Zangief's second ultra looks ridiculous. I also would like to point out that in my opinion Capcom went a bit wee-wee with all the tornado/whirlwind stuff. Every other character now has a whirlwindy ultra.

I don't like the reversal ultras in the sense the opponent is gonna have to be either really stupid to hit you after you activate it, OR your timing has to be insane. I do love both animations: I love how Fei Long pays tribute to the legendary 1 inch punch. :love:

Other than that it'll have to be Akuma 2. I agree with my Dutch speaking brother up here that Zangief 2 looks kinda stupid.

And all non-believers in the devestating potential of Dhalsim's ultras: I'll be more than happy to take u on :evil:

@ Shipley: it makes her combos link together without having to pause. So every combo she does after the Feng Shui Engine activation is basically a target combo.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times, but still don't get it lol.

I guess you have to have played MvC. It's somewhat chaotic and the combos are easier to pull off. I'm pretty sure that's what is meant by it.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times, but still don't get it lol.

If you go an try her trial nr 19 you can see what its for, you dont need to "clear" the 19th if thats a problem, its just a great way of getting a feel of what insane power that ulti acctually has.

(That trial is pretty much actiave ulti -> press the right order not caring about timing due to the ulti making you "fast" ).

To the topic though:

Worst Ultra gotta be the CQC imo, seeing as you either gotta be superfast or play vs someone not paying to much attention and then the other ultra would've worked as well :)

Akuma's is pretty bad.. He looks like a retarded Tazmanian Devil. What was Capcom thinking? Its only useful if the enemy is airborne.

But Rose's is even worse. It has to be the worst Ultra/Super ive ever seen.

Guile's new ultra is better than his original, but still pretty bad compared to most.

Gouki's Ultra2 is actually really good, because he can Combo into it from st.hp xx teleport xx ultra2

so for hit confirming cr.lk cr.lp st.hp xx teleport xx Ultra2 .. needs a little practice though :9

Rose's new Ultra is really good, this one probably makes her a high tier Character...

Cant say much about Guile, hes alot better in SSFIV regardless of the Ultra Combos..

The Worst Ultra is imho Boxers new Ultra, seriously why use a Command Grab Ultra when you can combo into Ultra 1 all the Time...

Worst Ultra to actually land: Dhalisim's 2nd...not only do you have to be in the air, you have to be in a precise range to be able to pull it off.

Worst Ultra damage-wise: Rose's 2nd...completely worthless, i guess they tossed it in to make up for her ridiculous first ultra

Worst Ultra to watch: Chun-li's 2nd...yeah it does alot of damage, but it just keeps going on forever and ever and is just a single sphere of boring.

I love how no one has mentioned Seth's second Ultra, one that has ridiculous start-up time and shoots at an angle, meaning that unless you catch your opponent in the air, there is no use for it. I suppose chip-damage, but even then they can back away before Seth hits the ground.

I love how no one has mentioned Seth's second Ultra, one that has ridiculous start-up time and shoots at an angle, meaning that unless you catch your opponent in the air, there is no use for it. I suppose chip-damage, but even then they can back away before Seth hits the ground.

Yep lol, even CPU Seth sucks at using it. He pretty much always lands his ultra 1 on me, but I'm always jumping for joy when he has ultra II selected. He ALWAYS whiffs it, ALWAYS.

I think if you are standing near him, it will also catch you, i seem to remember getting blasted by it on the ground in arcade mode a few times.

There's several throw-type ultras that can be evaded simply by holding up AFTER the cinematic begins (Ibuki's first, Guy's second) which to me makes them even less of a punish ultra than Fei's and Cammy's terrible counter ultras, which can at least hit aerials.

From what I've seen so far Rose's new ultra lands quite easily and her first one is a rather solid anti air, they're not half bad. I've always considered Dhalsim's first to be one of the best ultras in the game thanks to its massive range of uses, really surprised to see that got mentioned in here.

I think if you are standing near him, it will also catch you, i seem to remember getting blasted by it on the ground in arcade mode a few times.

Yeah, if you're close enough, it'll suck you in, but if you're blocking about little bit outside sweeping distance, it'll push you back.

Akuma's is pretty bad.. He looks like a retarded Tazmanian Devil. What was Capcom thinking? Its only useful if the enemy is airborne.

But Rose's is even worse. It has to be the worst Ultra/Super ive ever seen.

If you think those are the worst ultras, then you are not using those characters correctly.

Akumas new ultra is comboable (though very precise execution is necessary eg: d+fp, ashura senku w/3K>Ultra II) and Rose's new ultra is one of my new favourites for the simple fact that it freezes time. That allows it to be used in a silly amount of ways eg: Soul Throw crossups, anti-air, tacking on extra damage after Aura soul slew in the corner, post FA combos or post jump in fp.

The damage can also be slightly increased on the first orb if you can absorb enough projectiles. Its a hugely useful defensive/offensive tool when used correctly.

Try seeing what some attacks are good for before you write them off like that, because a raging demon is useless against a player that does not commit to an attack.

Worst Ultra to actually land: Dhalisim's 2nd...not only do you have to be in the air, you have to be in a precise range to be able to pull it off.

Worst Ultra damage-wise: Rose's 2nd...completely worthless, i guess they tossed it in to make up for her ridiculous first ultra.

Yoga Shangri-la isnt actually that hard to land, if you go looking for it in an offensive sense then yes, you will fail a majority of the time but couple it with empty-jumping/low floor teleporting against projectile throwers and you have a bargaining tool that means your opponent cannot chase you down and/or abuse projectiles for fear of being telegraphed. You'd be suprised at how much people slow down when they realise their options.

As for Soul Satellite, its roughly the equivalent of landing 2 hard punches on a counter hit (roughly 120 dmg per orb), if her ultra did regular damage like most standard damage ratings then her Ultra-II would be God-Tier checkmate business.

Imagine getting caught in the corner by a L3 FA for her to dash-in, Ultra-II, df+mk slide, d+fp>soul reflect w/fp, Soul Throw. As that stands thats around 42% damage.. and not a lot of "hits" either, so if she did equal damage to most peoples ultras, that combo would do close to 65%-70% easy with hardly ANY damage scaling because the combo count is low.

I like how they thought about the ultra's this time around, because you can't use the same one vs everybody, it just doesnt work that way. Try beating a solid Dhalsim with Cody's Ultra-I and you will call it bullshit, switch to Ultra-II while keeping certain things in mind and the match goes MUCH more smoothly when you can prevent Dhalsim from running away from you.

Strategy is key friend :)

Edited by SUBJECT BK201
quote.