Best or Worst Game? My Opinions on The Online Multiplayer.

TTD187

So I went straight to BFBC2, only ever played MW2 once and that was round someones house. When I first got it, I was excited due the fact I got a game considered better than MW2. The weapons aren't one hit kills (unless to the head but what weapon wouldn't be huh?), big maps, Destructible environment, TEAM WORK. But that one thing, the thing that really makes me love the idea, isn't really apart of the game.

I've read online that the servers regularly go down, and peoples rank will disappear. Man that's annoying, I ranked up the 17 yesterday then I lost it. That pissed me off. I went on today, lost my whole profile. Turned the game off and got everything back, including rank 17... what? But today, I went on playing as an engineer, being in a squad (I'm always in a squad) but the only contact my squad and I have contact with is for spawning on eachother, I had a rank 21 medic, I was in desperate need of health and I was right next to him, clear as day that I need health, I even pressed back but nope, he just let me die. After a few respawns, he came back as recon, great, a three man squad with two recon players, that's going to help the team. It's team play you see. So I left after a couple games to play with new people. Joined a game with 0% team work, I left that one because I want to play in a team. I joined another game where my team was doing badly but I thought I'll give it ago, I found a guy going in a tank on his own, I'll help him out but that reminded me of the countless times where the tank is down to 50-60 health, no ones around, I get out and the bastard driver just drives off! What's the point in playing the game if you're going to drive off to your death and leave all of your team-mates for dead?

One of the reasons I really thought the game was great was the implementation of team work but I never get into a team who speak to eachother, everyone is either in a party or simply doesn't use their mic. I'm probably better off getting team work from modern warfare 2. Although, I do sometimes hear a mic, gotta love those ghosts playing Xbox because all I hear is white noise!

Aside from all that bitching about one particular aspect, if the game had some decent team work, I would enjoy the game so much that I'd play so much more than I do already.

I can't wait for battlefield 3 and I pray to god I can have a good team with me who will speak to me. I pray to god! I should probably get MW2 so I don't have to worry about the people running to their own deaths while leaving me to fend for myself against a group of 4 to 8 people.

I also remember, I was on the offencing team and some guy just runs into the objective constantly being killed, why would someone subject themselves to such a horrible experience?

I'm sorry for the long long post and I'm sorry if it annoys people how it may not be appropriate to put here but I felt that I needed to put it here to show how much that one thing can ruin such a beautiful game.

Well, of course it was meant for teamwork (that's why there's squads), but no one works together, maybe sometimes. Hell, I've had some really good players help me out and it benefited the game. Medics, Engineers, Recons, Assaults! Wow, you'd never believe that! Other times, people are everywhere; such as Panama Canal on Conquest.

Sad to hear that you've had a shitty experience with the game 'cause of the way players are and your facinations being crumbled to pieces. Try playing Conquest, there's tons of teamwork there, IMO, Rush is shit.

Anyway, all I ever use players in my squad is to spawn on them when they're near bases that are captured by the other team. :) I'm really, really good at the game, so I can handle anyone. 52-07 was a good game I remember. And also 18-0! So, go solo, or get some buddies!

P.S. - I think this is the best multiplayer shooter game ever! (Well, any Battlefield game!) Call of Duty just sucks, and it's not my style. I kinda feel sorry for those morons, but hey, that's great news to keep jackwagons off Battlefield games! :)

Edited by MediumMelanin

reasons:

sometimes but not alwaysl it pays to remember when noobs start playing they have no med packs and such as with every other class they may have.

Then some of the time people get fed up with COD and its antics and come to battlefield with that run and gun and forget mentality and get owned.

And then theres just the true and tried asshats with no form of teamwork and a decisive nature to know that when everyone is recon(or any other over used class) switch up to round out the squad for survival purposes.

but blame it on the the deathmatch paradigm, they have been in training since doom. fragfest with no tactics.

One of the best FPS? Are you kidding me. I'm sick of the disproportionality in this game. Back up. I just got spawn killed 5 times in a row by the same guy ON THE SPAWN with 1 shot from the M14 enhanced on Hardcore (I had no squad mates to spawn on as they were dying too). Yet when I hit a guy in the upper chest with the M95 on Hardcore, 50% of the time they sponge it. What? This isn't enjoyable purely because of the imbalance and sheer spawn killing. Enjoyed it in the beginning. Hate it now.

One of the best FPS? Are you kidding me. I'm sick of the disproportionality in this game. Back up. I just got spawn killed 5 times in a row by the same guy ON THE SPAWN with 1 shot from the M14 enhanced on Hardcore (I had no squad mates to spawn on as they were dying too). Yet when I hit a guy in the upper chest with the M95 on Hardcore, 50% of the time they sponge it. What? This isn't enjoyable purely because of the imbalance and sheer spawn killing. Enjoyed it in the beginning. Hate it now.

So you back out and join another game. Just because you suck doesn't mean the game does.

COD is crap online. Far too many people just play it every waking hour and it seems you can get killed by any weapon from any distance. Too many hackers as well. Battlefield is awesome. Love the large maps but still plenty of cover which means it doesn't favour one particular class. Would like onslaught but for some reason I can't kill anyone. Hit one guy 5 times in the head with a sniper and he didn't die??? Saw the bullet hit him everytime. So I look like the boring one who just sits back letting the rest capture the flag. Boring but helps others.

Edited by webbface

So you back out and join another game. Just because you suck doesn't mean the game does.
I've noticed lately, that people seem to take way more damage then they used too. I don't know what it is, but I can get the jump on a guy with a m16a2 or any other gun for that matter. He turns around and kills me with one shot with a sidearm or some shit. Not that I really care, just noticed it the other day. Usually happens with the lower level guys too.

This game is amazing. The servers do not go down regularly, just in the last week there seems to be some problem(s).

You really need to play with a few friends in ANY battlefield game. Teamwork captures bases, destroys tanks and brings down helicopters.

It's as real as it's going to get at the minute and soldiers in the real world don't take down tanks on their own or enemy helicopters.

There is no I in Team. Or Squad.

The only annoyance I can't do something about is the rubberband lag.

If you notice people on your team are not playing properly (team killing, etc.), then quit and search for another game. I do that all the time even if it costs me a loss (like in CoD games) or risk of a suspension (like in Reach). I play for fun and fair competition, and it's not worth my time to play with jerks. Imo, quitting is always an acceptable option in these situations.

This is why i play with friends. It makes the game SO much more enjoyable. If you want to man, add me, i play every now and then.

what he said xD....i played it lonewolf for a while and got sniped lik e every 30 seconds then i tried random squads and it was mostly white noise and lonewolves then i played with a friend and suddenly i dont die as much have more fun and got someone to avenge me when im sniped. if u wanna add me send me a private message as i play it from time to time

oh and ps. i hate that ppl fight over the choppers and the ones that get it get shotdown/crash 30 seconds after they get it leave the chopper to skilled pilots/gunners thnk u have a wonderful day :D