Play Styles

A Medium Bear

Would have posted the info about this challenge but I have been offline for a few days. Started playing this game a couple weeks ago and Pitcher was one of the first challenges I got.

The last 2 people are correct. You have to have about 5 unseen throw kills. It can be with whatever weapon the bodies have to be unseen. If caught you can even restart checkpoint and the game will remember how many you need. I threw a screwdriver in a guys head before he could snitch me out and then I dumped his body and it was all good.

Once I noticed people having problems I checked on 1 other account and my backup save I made and it worked.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cleared The King of Chinatown level twice doing this. Shall I keep going, or it should've unlocked by now?

I'd recommend to clear/finish the game so that it save properly. Still not sure about when your play styles will be saved, that's why.

I got it after I grabbed my 10-15th hostage, so keep on doing so!

If that pitcher technique works, I will seriously be giving major props as it was grieving me I might not be able to finish the 1000 in this game. Will post back later.

EDIT :-

Worked a fricking charm. I did it on the Library level as you start with a throwing knife and there is also a pair of scissors to use. It's also very easy to not get spotted. Thanks loads for figuring this out and posting guys!

Edited by ponypo2001

No problem! Glad I could help you all out. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup save. I'm going to try the Library level a few different ways and see how that goes. If it doesn't, I'll just start a new save at 970GS and get it.

EDIT: Tried the library and it won't unlock. The game must not factor in play styles once you've unlocked them, I guess. Looks like this will be the last achievement I unlock, then.

Edited by Creasy47

No problem! Glad I could help you all out. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup save. I'm going to try the Library level a few different ways and see how that goes. If it doesn't, I'll just start a new save at 970GS and get it.

EDIT: Tried the library and it won't unlock. The game must not factor in play styles once you've unlocked them, I guess. Looks like this will be the last achievement I unlock, then.

Damn that sucks mate. Not the biggest consolation, but at least we now know exactly how Pitcher unlocks. That cut's a lot of time out of the equation.

I got this achievement few mins ago.

Here I knew how to unlock some play styles in correct ways. Some others I using here that explain some of them to how unlock correct ways.

Pitcher - Get one kill on each sharp melee weapon

- Syringe (in the orphanage)

- Axe (in the orphanage)

- Knife (in Chinese new year)

- Screwdriver (in basement and it is on bench next to lift in hotel level)

- Cleaver (in kitchen in the store, that where just last 2 areas before chinese new year)

- Folding knife (library)

- Scissors (library)

Just kill one guard or target enemy each with those weapon. I can confirmed Tomohawk not counts as it. That how I unlocked it :):)

Maestro - Get 6 headshots in row with sniper without mistake or miss or reloading ammo. I got this unlocked in 2nd Mission. Load up mission then go to where target inside building and sniper rifle is on table so get it and sneak behind target where he look at open window so headshot him then headshots on 4 cops (and if you lucky headshot another target if he not run away around or even hide somewhere while back up cops around) so once you kill 5 enemies with 5 ammos that you only got 5 ammos but if you kill 5 enemies (cops and targets) with headshots in row perfect then you get 5 add ammos in rifle if you did it perfect then you get 5 add ammos in sniper and now kill one more enemy with headshot in row. Play Style unlocked. Just kill 6 enemies with sniper rifle, headshots in row without miss, mistake and reloading.

Gunslinger - I got this unlocked just kill 15 cops, guards and targets enemies with any type of Revolver. I can confirmed this for work I kill few in store then other mission later after it I kill it until 15th to get style unlocked. No joke I test it myself I kill about 10 or 11 in store then 5 or 4 in mission next to get it unlocked. No need in one go to do it. (maybe buggy but allow it to unlocked to me without need one go). Though I didn't use this weapon very much because I like silence weapon and others that I use more. Loved use this weapon in Red Dead Redemption lol. :)

Reaper Man - Just point-shooting kills on enemies (guards, cops and targets) about 8 kills. In my game for this unlocked to me when I kill 8th. This one might buggy for numbers of this style kills. Unlocked to me in store just make kill or alarm then cop back up pop in and start using point-shooting on them. :)

Dynamite Harry - I got this in 3rd mission so if you know one challenge that want you open safe then you see golds and bomb in it so take bomb and drop it ground front of safe and hide behind cover and wait until cop reach to safe and cop start panic and ask other cops back up to join him and look at bomb with golds. That you get one challenge for it so now press your bomb remote to blow up kill all of them you should get this style. That how I unlocked it. Not sure how many cops together when they look at safe. I guess it might be 5 or 6. Anyway kill them in one blew. :)

Piano Man - Got this unlocked in early of game. Just kills with your famous Agent 47's main silence wire weapon. Not sure what numbers of kills needed be. :)

Glass Cannon - Use Shotgun to kill 5 enemies in row. I got it in store. I didn't get this unlock right when I kill 2 or 3 then use other weapon then use shotgun again to kills so I decided restart checkpoint then kill few more to 5th kill then again it not unlock to me so reload checkpoint again and I think might be in row something so I tried done it then it unlocked when kill 5 cops in row with shotgun. Maybe buggy to me, I dunno but at least unlocked anyway.

Rest of all other styles is easy to unlocked from gamers explains here. Thank you for tips it to helped me out of way completed on other styles. Those above I helped and explain because some of you think bugs or something wrong. So those I like explain.

Few can be buggys but still get you completed and achievement. So you all can be happy and relax that achievement not glitch it just style buggy sometime but still get register to you for complete it. :)

Edit: My grammer might be not good at some sentence but I am sure you understand on it. I loved helped people as always. :D

Edited by cheevo360

Regarding the Pitcher play style, you need to do 5 stealth kills with a thrown sharp object without being "Spotted".

This link on shows how to do it quickly. I followed this guide on 2 profiles and it works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWtZOajF5P8]Hitman Absolution Pitcher Playstyle Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Play the library on easy and follow the video. I made a few adjustments for the 3rd officer, since he kept seeing me throw the knife. The key is to strike from behind. If you see a negative score with "Spotted", restart the checkpoint. The play style will pop after the 5th kill.

I don't know what it is about Bank Robber but I tried just about everything and it didn't work. I did get it tho rather easy. You don't get the hostages killed. I don't know if anyone else posted this yet so here it goes.

Start The King of Chinatown mission

Go out the door and just start grabbing people and tap :xbut: to knock them out, do it again and knock them out. Now when you grab the third person your achievement or play style should unlock and then you can knock them out.

I tried having them killed, went through 10 hostages and that didn't work.

I swear before I even grabbed hostages and would knock them out and that didn't work.

But on the mission The King of Chinatown I did once you go out the door. So all the trouble I had and others have just try that and you should get it within a minute.

How I unlocked Pitcher Play-Style:

REQUIREMENTS:

A. 5 thrown knife kills (yes you can use an axe etc, but knife throws fastest)

B. You must be in Stealthy Mode (merely crouched) when you make the throw.

c. DO NOT become detected! Watch your Score to make sure "Spotted" equals Zero! If you get a negative score you must reload checkpoint and start over!

WHERE: On Level 2 "King Of Chinatown"

First, you need a Knife...

(1) One to get is by the poisonous fish: head straight to back of map along left path and make two rights after seeing the open trap doors. There are two food vendors there, a Chinese man, and an Afro-American girl. The knife is by the girl, easy to get. Remember to sheath it quickly using :ddown:!

(2) Another knife is at the food vendor closest to the King's Pagodas/Gazebo area.

(3) A Fillet Knife is at the back left area of the map near where the King eats, in the right-hand cooking area (King's food is in the left area), it is a "trespassing" area, so enter crouched, do not let cops see you enter, get fillet knife and get out quick.

WHO TO KILL:

Victim #1: Policeman by the sports car -- 2nd left after entering map. Approach him slowly, pause by the Bottle, he will proceed around to the left and up some stairs. Follow him, crouch, and throw knife when he is 3/4 of the way to top of stairs. Drag his body to top of stairs, no-one will find him. Recover knife.

Victim #2: Policeman watching TV -- in the alley to Drug Dealer's apartment. Sabotage the fuse box, then immediately cross the alley and stand facing the bicycle by the Bottle. After cop passes you by to fix fuse box, walk up 1 flight of stairs and around corner. Wait for cop to return to watching TV, go down, crouch, and throw knife. Recover knife and hide body in the box on the stair landing.

Victim #3: Drug Dealer -- Watching from Drug Dealer's apartment window patiently, soon the Dealer will lead King to the lines of cocaine. Of course before they see you hide in the upright cabinet opposite from the windows. Peek out. After King snorts his candy, he will leave, and Dealer will smoke a few puffs of a cigarette, throw that down, and then lean out of the open window. Exit the hiding place, crouch and throw the knife. Warning!!! This will alert King who was passing underneath, and must have heard the death cry. Quickly hide the Dealer's body in the chest and hide in the upright cabinet.

Victim #4: King -- he has returned to apartment, will look around, and seeing nothing he will lean out the open window. Exit cabinet, crouch, throw, recover knife, and hide body.

Victim #5: Food vendor -- in the stall below the Drug Dealer's apartment window. Stand back as far as possible while aiming throw and still getting the red target marker.

I tried many times before coming on this solution, it worked for me. Now that pesky Spook Play-Style which eludes me and Achievement time!

As for Bank Robber, I've taken so many hostages, enemies/civilians, got kills with it, let the enemies kill the shield etc., I'm stumped :/

As for the list:

Can be done on Easy difficulty and most likely have to be done during a mission separately.

Needle Pumper - Conduct stealth kills with syringe.

Undertaker - Hiding pacified bodies in body dumps.

Piano Man - Commit fibre-wire kills

Reaper Man - Accrue kills from point-shooting

Sandman - Commit choke-holds

Dynasty Warrior - Commit kills with the katana.

Dynamite Harry - Commit kills with remote explosives

Gunslinger - Commit kills with a revolver.

Bartender - Commit kills with drink bottles.

Champion - Commit kills with bare-handed combat.

Berserker - Commit kills with the fire axe.

Brutus - Stealth kill with a knife.

Viking - Commit kills with wood clubs (golf clubs)

Tank - Have 47 take damage from enemy attacks.

Pitcher - Commit sharp object throw-kills.

Spook - Eliminate enemies with a silenced handgun.

Jinx - Commit kills via accidental means.

Maestro - Commit kills with a sniper rifle

Glass Cannon - Commit kills with a shotgun

Bank Robber - Take hostages and get them killed by enemies.

I did not do Brutus with Stealth, Grabbed the Knife next to the Katana in Chinese New Year and went to Town on the Crowd. Just like with the Katana.

Apologies for the double post, but I figured it out. I asked one of the people who has 1000GS in the game, and they stated that I should use the knife in the kitchen of Diana's mansion in the tutorial. I believe "undetected" means that you have to kill five in a row with a thrown weapon without anyone spotting bodies.

I killed the chef when the guard left (1), went upstairs and killed the guard posted by the railing (2), and hid both of their bodies. I opened the shutters on the second floor, and waited for the agent in the suit to arrive and killed him before he reached the railing (3). I then went downstairs into the hallway that is closest to the kitchen (that leads you to looking at the piano), and killed the lone guard that wasn't staring out the window (4). I then threw the knife at the guard by the piano (5) which counted as the last one before guards noticed his body.

Now, my problem: it gave me the 'Pitcher' play style - the last one I needed - yet no achievement. Any ideas??

I did this as you said and it unlocked Pitcher and Brutus for me :).

I seem to be stuck in unlocking "Reaper man" and "Spook"can't seem to get them to unlocked.

Any tips? Or ideal levels to try them on? Need this last achievement for 1000

For Reaper Man load Chinese New Year in Hunter & Hunted and walk out and mark as many civilians as you can in the crowd. May take a couple of tries and make sure you have enough instinct.

For Spook I did it in the Vixen Club. There is silenced pistol in the office with the evidence. Use the ledge outside and go through the window to get in. Then just pick random bouncers like in the Gents, the guy next to the door after the dancing booths etc. Just make sure you are not seen so choose wisely on the targets and wait until they are isolated. You need to make sure you have the gun out and approach from the back to the button prompt as it is not just silently shooting a target from afar. I think you only need 3 or 5 can't remember.

Hope it helps :locked

Edited by Trunks KPH
Additional Info

For Reaper Man load Chinese New Year in Hunter & Hunted and walk out and mark as many civilians as you can in the crowd. May take a couple of tries and make sure you have enough instinct.

For Spook I did it in the Vixen Club. There is silenced pistol in the office with the evidence. Use the ledge outside and go through the window to get in. Then just pick random bouncers like in the Gents, the guy next to the door after the dancing booths etc. Just make sure you are not seen so choose wisely on the targets and wait until they are isolated. You need to make sure you have the gun out and approach from the back to the button prompt as it is not just silently shooting a target from afar. I think you only need 3 or 5 can't remember.

Hope it helps :locked

FYI I confirm it's 3. And yeah, what you said buddy about being afar. He comes up from behind, puts one in the back and catches them to put them to the ground. Thank you for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may habe figured it out I believe that you can only unlock one play style per level e.g. on "Birdie's Gift" if you get the revolver one you can't get the point shooting one. Once again not 100% sure but I have managed to get all 20 this way as in doing one each on each level and I know there is 20 levels but each level has certain chapters.

Also when you go on level select look at the chapters of a level and if it says technique upgrade available then do one on that and obviously certain ones can only be done on certain levels so I think they incorporated that in just a thought worked for me but give it a go and let me know!

EDIT: 2/2 On attempts to do get "Sandman" and "Viking" on doing on levels with techniques available underneath them.

EDIT 2: Now believe you just have to guess which level you haven't got ones on because just got another but didn't say "Technique Upgrade Available" to sum I think you can only get one per level excluding ones where you need certain levels.

Edited by A.Coventry