"Shaving Lenny" help

AntonioFNN

I've completed every challenge in this level, but at the end, when it shows Lost and Found things, I am missing this notebook. Where the hell is that thing? I've looked for it in every single corner, inside the card door, near the dogs, everywere... and still didn't find it. Someone know where to get it?

Sorry that I can't answer your question but do you mind letting me know how to do most of the challenges on this one. I've tried several variations to no avail. The only ones I've done are the sniping from each perch and the one where you shock him on the fence.

I can't figure out the petrol pump, turning on the gas stove and the mechanic one for whatever reason.

Sorry that I can't answer your question but do you mind letting me know how to do most of the challenges on this one. I've tried several variations to no avail. The only ones I've done are the sniping from each perch and the one where you shock him on the fence.

I can't figure out the petrol pump, turning on the gas stove and the mechanic one for whatever reason.

The petrol pump is at the start of the level. You just keep going straight until your target starts inspecting a red old car, just to its left it's the petrol pump, all you have to do is shot the petrol on the floor (from a safe distance) when he's near that car. This target has a path that leads to the gas stove also. After he finishes watching the car he starts to walk to the beginning of the level and enters the closed coffee shop, up the stairs is a kitchen you can turn on to release the gas, the same as before, all you have to do is shot the kitchen when he's walking nearby.

For the mechanic one it's a bit tricky to get. It's for the target you can electrify and it's just after he walks past that gate, there's a car on a (i don't know how you say it... sorry but my mother tongue is spanish) sort of elevator that you can bring down with a lever. There's a guard and a mechanic nearby so you want to take care of them first (throwing something and knocking them off basically) and hide the bodies (there's a closet -if i recall right- nearby). After you took them off you want to take care of the guard that's near the fence and also hide his body, this way this target will walk near the elevated car and will start talking with his cellphone, all you gotta do is throw something right under the car and when he's looking at it you pull the lever and that's it.

There's a stair that leads to an upper floor near the lever. If you keep going up you will enter a kitchen and you can kill the last target with the second stove that's available on this room.

Excuse me for my english, hope you will be able to understand what i tried to explain.

Edited by Paranoyd

Actually, the notebook in the gunshop is in the bunker underneath the shooting-range. But we're talking about the notebook in the 'Shaving Lenny' level here.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find it either, but I'm theorizing that it's in the second part. The barbershop-house has a lot of nooks and crannies for it to hide in. Has anyone found a safe anywhere? Notebooks usually contain safe-codes, so whatever part the safe's in will likely also have the notebook...

Anyway, I haven't been able to find it either, but I'm theorizing that it's in the second part. The barbershop-house has a lot of nooks and crannies for it to hide in. Has anyone found a safe anywhere? Notebooks usually contain safe-codes, so whatever part the safe's in will likely also have the notebook...

^^^This, there was alot of stuff in the first part and I'd doubt they would stick a notebook in the same area with the keycard. I will make it my personal mission to get it. And will have a happy dance when I do.

Another Theory I have, call me stupid is that it's somehow on Lenny and it's not a code to a safe but the actual location of where the girl is. So basically an alternative version of completing the level without actually kidnapping Lenny. It's just a case of following him around and waiting for him to put it down or something. I will test this out later.

Another Theory I have, call me stupid is that it's somehow on Lenny and it's not a code to a safe but the actual location of where the girl is. So basically an alternative version of completing the level without actually kidnapping Lenny. It's just a case of following him around and waiting for him to put it down or something. I will test this out later.

That makes sense. When I finish the game, hope someone have this figured out. I tried to put the pills in his pizza, he walks upstairs and don't give any notebook...

So I went through both parts of Shaving Lenny looking for that damn notebook to no avail.

I searched every inch of both maps.

Checked every trunk of all the cars to make sure none of them opened and contained the notebook.

I sunk all the balls on the pool table with my gun hoping something might appear.

I put sleeping pills in Lenny's pizza thinking he might drop it when he passes out.

I killed every single living soul and checked their bodies to see if any of them dropped the notebook.

It is not in the small room that you need the keycard to get into.

I even tried to throw a block of C4 over the fence at the dog but he/she is invincible.

Prima Strategy Guide is (as usual) too lacking to even mention where items and weapons are.

Emailed PrimaGames.com to see if they can shed some light (but am sure they are clueless).

Sent messages to the top players on the leaderboards for Shaving Lenny asking them about the notebook's where abouts.

Searched IO/Eidos forums for an answer to no avail.

Left visitor and private messages for the Community Manager on the Eidos Forums asking about it.

It's my last weapon/item/challenge on Shaving Lenny of course and would really like to have it. You don't need it for the Mastery challenge but for the maximum score multiplier, it is needed. Does anybody have a clue where the fuck it is?

Maybe special conditions have to be met to make it appear or something?

Edited by Dirty130

I think it's glitched. I spent one day messing around this level. Maybe they planned to put it on Lenny, so if he would get killed he would drop it. Hope they make a patch. You mentioned that you did evert challenge? Could you say how to get the Saints and the Judge ones?

I tried googling for all of you and after countless other forums I found nothing. What's even more crazy is I was playing this level yesterday for ever just for fun searching all over and never saw a notebook. I will certainly try looking again tho. It's like finding a needle in a haystack but if that needle isn't there its because IO forgot to include it into the level which is driving us nuts obviously.

EDIT: Silly question, but could it possibly appear on a higher difficulty?

Edited by InsaneKane87

I tried googling for all of you and after countless other forums I found nothing. What's even more crazy is I was playing this level yesterday for ever just for fun searching all over and never saw a notebook. I will certainly try looking again tho. It's like finding a needle in a haystack but if that needle isn't there its because IO forgot to include it into the level which is driving us nuts obviously.

EDIT: Silly question, but could it possibly appear on a higher difficulty?

I thought this myself..

Edit: Kane, I know you've heard it before but your signature is awesome. Just saying..

Edited by Dirty130

Nope, still missing on Purist.

It's listed but not required for mastery so I am guessing the notebook was never supposed to be listed on that map.

Agree, because even if there was a notebook to be found, there wouldn't be anything to do with it such as open a safe..

Still, I can't see how things like this make it through bug testing. I mean did someone at IO actually finish the level before releasing the game to the public?

:mad:

Agree, because even if there was a notebook to be found, there wouldn't be anything to do with it such as open a safe..

Still, I can't see how things like this make it through bug testing. I mean did someone at IO actually finish the level before releasing the game to the public?

:mad:

Probably not, he was either subdued or had sleeping pills put in his coffee. I just went through both parts and spent roughly around two hours all together going around looking and found nothing.