Worth it?

I was thinking about getting this. Would appreciate peoples opinions on it as to whether it was worth buying :)

If you are a die hard Sonic fan then you shouldn't be asking this question. But if you have never played it before then definately check it out. I think most people who are playing it right now have already played the DC and GC versions and they wanted to relive it again for old times sake.

But this game is WELL WORTH the 800 points even if you're not exactly a fan, there's so much to do!

-Adventure Mode

-6 playable characters

-Up to date crisp 3D graphics

-Chao System

-Mini Games

-Free Roaming Adventure Fields

-Fun, Fast paced gameplay(for some characters)

Remember, this is a 3D game! And Limbo was 1200 points and thats a 2D game! I say get it!:)

I think the only bad thing about it is it's bugs, and maybe Big the Cat but I don't really hate him much, but everyone else seems too.

I'ma be downright honest with the game.

If you're not a Sonic fan, or just dying of nostalgia from your childhood playing this. You could easily skip SA.

The legendary game got it's incredible scores because of Sonic's name and graphics. But the voicing is terrible, the story is terrible, the music is hit or miss, and the game is bullet riddled with glitches. In fact the first thing that happened when I played the game was fall through the level and die. The camera goes berserk uncommonly(which is way too often) and starts going inside walls.

On the other hand.

It is a full Dreamcast game and so it's pretty long. You also get some free avatar awards for playing the game(5 hours and 10 hours). If you're crazy about Sonic and never played this, then it'll help complete your collection. It's also a pretty easy game, so the only stress comes from being cheated by glitches or gathering tough emblems.

If you want to play a 3D Sonic game, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic Unleashed all are games that work through and through. This might sound crazy but SA and Sonic '06 are almost exactly the same in quality, just that SA has shorter loads and existed during Sonic's up time.

This might sound crazy but SA and Sonic '06 are almost exactly the same in quality, just that SA has shorter loads and existed during Sonic's up time.

Good, so I'm not the only one who thought this. Honestly the load times are the only reason I find 06 so frustrating otherwise it's just SA3.

@ontopic: I have to agree, SA is only worth it if you like Sonic and/or Dreamcast or just love the nostalgia and charm of older games.

Also Chao will suck your life away.

In any case download the demo first.

to be honest im tempted to buy the game as i never had a dreamcast. i had a gamecube though. i bought SA2B on it too and it was and still is my favourite game. the storyline was great, the additions like boss trials and race carts were fun, and saving the best til last... CHAO. i spend months on that damn game just raising chao for those 99 all special chaos form crystal breeds (breeding a jewel chao from Sonic Advance gba with a shiny chao then getting it to reincarnate twice and then giving it just only one of every animal before it turn into an adult) ect. then going into chao karate and knocking chao like crystal (most defencive chao in the game that isnt yours) and sending it flying out the ring in a single hit. then making a pure run/fly chao to rape the karate before they even land a hit properly. i got all the emblems on it and the green zone addition was quite cool too. but still the thing that made me love that game was the chao gardens definately.

so i am really wondering whether it is worth getting the previous version on the xbox? im not bothered about how much G ill be getting out of it (even if i did got for a mad 1k G rush when halo reach came out) im bothered if it will keep me going long enough for me to say it was worth the money.

... dammit so many arcade games id like coming out at once. plants vs zombies looks good, i recently bought space inaders I.G and im loving the game now the previous version of my most loved and cherished game comes onto the marketplace XD

but if SA2B does ever come onto the market place. my hands will take control and go "buy buy buy buy buy buy buy---"

EDIT:

Also Chao will suck your life away.

this is going into my signature. this is way too true to be ignored.

Edited by Archina2255

Figured a better way to advise SA.

If you're gonna try and get all the achievements in this game, you might want to reconsider SA because it is incredibly glitchy and incredibly frustrating.

BUT

If you are just wanting to play a Sonic game, you would probably be able to beat with all your hair on your head.