do you hoard games?

kingofthstrays

Hey long time since I wrote on here so hear goes nothing:

Its summer time once again other than one or two titles to come out there really not that much out there and for a lot you it time for store to go out with the old ...like really cheap games so because of sales and such I got 4 games for Under 30 Bucks

And with that I got about 60 Plus games I own that I really got a lot achievements to earn:( ....so little time

So are you a hoarder and try to take advantages of sales or are you a person who spend time with one or two games to beat it or complete it (Achievements) Then move on to something else?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy games whenever they are on sale and try to complete as many to 100% as possible. Currently on 74 games....basically I buy, I complete; I buy, I complete, etc. Still got a bunch I need to play (like you said; lotsa chevos sitting there...not enough time to play... :-(

I'll usually buy cheap games in bulk, and gradually try to complete one at a time. I've been doing this since I started purchasing games for myself back in the late 90s (before that my parents bought me games that I had pestered them for ;)).

As for hoarding games, I'm definitely guilty of doing that. I still have tons of games from the last generation of consoles that I haven't touched but will eventually get to. I never trade in or sell games, I just collect and play any of them that look even remotely interesting to me.

I never trade in games. I try not to buy the easy cheevo games and instead rent those from Gamefly. For example, I bought and still own both Open Season and Bionicle Heroes.

I've only traded in a few games. Halo: Reach because I got a second copy from the dashboard preview, and what would I do with two copies of it? (I'll be returning a third, since I got it with my Windows Phone and it's completely unopened. "Hey walmart, I bought this and don't want it. no, I don't have a receipt...." :D)

But yeah, I don't trade stuff in. It's just a waste. I paid 60 bucks for it, now you want to give me 10 and sell it back to some other loser for 30? No thanks.

Not sure if you count on demand cause i bought quiet alot when games go cheap.

I think I keep game disc and box under 20. Cause if it is a single play game, like Mass effect 2, I finish story on the date release and blow up to 1000G in a week, then trade away for 25+ GBP.

If it is a multiplay game, I will keep it for a while cause I still want to play with friends.

Got to say if I am not trading anygame, its got to be broke the bank or my home....

Hmmm... I would consider myself a collector of games, but most people would probably view me as a hoarder.

A Best Buy near me closed down last year, and I probably bought around 50 or so Xbox 360 games during that period.

Currently am around 600 or so 360 games, and am part of the bestest-est X360A social group around :D the Elite Collectors group! :woop:

I get a lot of my games on ebay for cheap, then play them as I get time. I currently have about 108 retail games, maybe 15ish arcade games. I just can't justify $60 for most games, and I will not trade in anything cause it's just a waste of money.

see this is my problem I don't hoard games :mad: I buy play then sell then I re-buy play and sell again. Example I bought Forza 3 launch day, I only had a 32 inch CRT TV game looked like crap. So I sold it and said I'll buy it when I get an HDTV. A few months later I bought an HDTV and my friend went to gamestop and bought himself and I a copy.

I've got all but one achievement left to get. I sold it because my friends moved onto a new game. My brother got it when he bought the slim, so I bought it again, and go figure when I bought it they lost interest damn cod :mad: So yup I sold it again. I'm so stupid when it comes to keeping games. My 360 collection got to 24 games this year now its at 6. I wish I never sold any of my games but I hate to have games just sitting around while not playing them knowing I'll never play them again but on the other hand sometimes I'll miss playing a game and I won't have it.

Edited by rns1016

Hoarding games from around the Saturn/PS1 to now is a stupid idea, tbh. None of these games will ever be as collectible as the old Atari-N64 cartridges. CDs and DVDs are highly degradable, so, even games that're unopened for 50+ years likely won't even play due to natural degradation. Cartridges, on the other hand, are protected by a special carbon-based plastic, ensuring their value will only increase over time. Sure, rarity of games matters now, but my SNES collection will be worth thousands in 50 years, while Joe Tech's Xbox 360 collection will be worthless. Just saying. If you're not going to play a disc game ever again after you've beaten it and are only holding on to it for collectible value, you're wasting time and money. If I buy a game, I sell it on eBay once I've gotten my use out of it. Trading games to GameStop or any gaming store is a huge waste of money, too, as they only give you a fraction of what a game is worth as more time passes. Tricky business. It's eBay or nothing for me. :p

I buy big game releases on launch (Halo, MW etc), but I usually wait a month or two before buying anything else. Most games these days don't hold their original price for very long these days. I usually play a new game to at least 70% completion, usless it's an awful game.

I will usually buy a game when it comes out, if its gonna be worth it. Some of them you have a feeling are gonna be reduced soon so I wait on those. I don't really ever get rid of them though, once I've bought them I usually don't trade them in.

I stopped hoarding/collecting when I realized I had no shelf space for things I simply don't play anymore and now besides the games I'm currently working on only keep the few finished games I love that I know I'll keep playing, like Mass Effect 1 & 2. I don't really collect many things nowadays.

The rest, I'll play and hold onto for a while but if no urge ever comes back to replay I'll trade in towards something else or loan to my brother and nephew.

I do take advantage of sales and cheap games to stock up on things on my "want" list when I find them. But manage to talk myself out of them sometimes when I remember I still have a dozen or so in the queue still unplayed and am saving up for my next vacation.

This fall release season is going to hamstring my economic nutsack.

i use GameFly with the 3 game out plan. You're right tho nothing SUPER is out right now that I havent played or want to really get into, so I find myself renting either on my Xbox or PS3 games that ive already beaten but want to play on the opposite system (Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, etc) for the equivalent cheeve or trophies. Now, when the Fall/Winter comes.....