F*****g! Tutorial/Challenges

No disrespect to those that got the game for the achievement but some of the tutorials and combos are kinda worth it. I've only tried the Vsav ones are I'm learning stuff I didn't know before with some characters. Plus is there a race I didn't know about to get all the achievements??

Stay classy.

So your out of ammo? I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you give up easily.

Also most of the challenges are short and actually give you useful info on how to play the game. In short, these achievements will be obtained by anyone who actually puts forth even the most basic effort.

You guys are a joke, I suggest playing Avatar: The burning earth.

I mean being able to link is pretty hard for some and being able to execute and being able to time combo's are hard for some. Seeing as you have Balrog as your Avatar it seems you know how to play fighting games but for others it's hard. The trails/challenges aren't that hard but I had dashing in the game just completely throws me off.

Just keep at it, you'll eventually get it. Listen to some music or a podcast while your going for the challenges. Take your time, like someone said it's not a race. Even if it takes months, you'll eventually get it.

I have to admit that BB Hood's Dash Loop might be where the majority of players give up though.

Thanks for your detail answer. Wow, this does make the game's achievement difficult go way up. The first tier requires to finish all challenge or tutorial for that character? I thought first tier would be like clear half of them and second tier might be clear all of them, but I guess this is all or nothing challenge. I am pretty good with some of the characters but certainly not all of them and it will definitely be a challenge. I will still enjoy the game, Felicia and Morrigan are two of my favorite fighting game characters of all time.

The challenges only have 5 to do. So its nothing like UMC3 or SFIV where you have 10 to do each character. But then some of them are damn hard

Just keep at it, you'll eventually get it. Listen to some music or a podcast while your going for the challenges. Take your time, like someone said it's not a race. Even if it takes months, you'll eventually get it.

I have to admit that BB Hood's Dash Loop might be where the majority of players give up though.

Oh I'm not trying to get the achievement completed quickly it's just linking is really a pain in the ass for me. Granted I haven't really looked into frame data/plinking in stuff like that since it's overwhelming for me haha. Though I've been playing Darkstalkers on GGPO for a year now? and I'm kinda happy with these include stuff like this since I didn't even know any BnB combos for any of the characters.

Besides sucking at fighting games this is my favorite fighter next to Super Turbo.

i complete twice ssf4 trials and twice sf4 trials and mvc3 and u.mvc 3 trials achievements.

is thissssssss easier or harder???????

oh man thats so time comsuming>.>

Trials/Tutorials are really short it's just a simple combo and there. Some characters will be hard but that's it.

I've been playing Fighting games for years now and I find the Challenges to be very hard. I can do some of the combos but not in the precise way the game wants you to. The whole counting frames thing is way too much for me. I can't wrap my head around Capcoms Combo/linking system. Now Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat I can do. Capcom's combos seem impossible to me.

The game is still a lot of fun, but I wish instead of challenges, more achievements were stuff like "Beat Darkstalkers 3 with all Female Character", Single ones for beating the game with different characters. or easy but cool ones like "Vampires are better, Beat Jon Talbain with Dimitri and then Werewolves are better. Simply 5 point achievements would be cool.

Then a 50 or 100 point one for complete all Challenges.

The thing with Darkstalkers is that's its way more of a fast pace game than ST. You really need just practice until you get used to it.

Besides the links the only thing I can't get used to is the air dashes where you hit them and end up behind them and stuff like that besides that not much of the game is hard.

I just find trouble being able to chain combo in this game...I'm slowly gonna get better in this fighter just as I did for UMvC3 (and DCvsMK *shudder*) I just hope that it won't take me ages...I do plan on doing stuff with my life rather than get achievements. Anyways...if anyone would care to start working together and see what they can accomplish in DS:R and then compile all knowledge of playing DS together for all achievement hunters to see...that would be great.

• 1 year later...

I finished the 5 Demitri tutorials in Darkstalkers 3 and the achievement didn't pop. I should do them in Dark savior instead? F*ck. Will try it later.

edit: seems that for classic characters you have to do the Night Warriors tutorials, and for the news, go to Darkstalkers 3.

Morrigan was hard to do, with Noctunal Illusion in a lot of challenges. But doable with patience.

Edited by EloyOn

I finished the 5 Demitri tutorials in Darkstalkers 3 and the achievement didn't pop. I should do them in Dark savior instead? F*ck. Will try it later.

edit: seems that for classic characters you have to do the Night Warriors tutorials, and for the news, go to Darkstalkers 3.

Morrigan was hard to do, with Noctunal Illusion in a lot of challenges. But doable with patience.

Good luck man, I recently completed the game, if you need any tips message me or something.

Good luck man, I recently completed the game, if you need any tips message me or something.

Thanks mate, I've just done Rikuo's fifth challenge with the glitch AND the start cheat. It was very tough (2-3 hours).

Congrats on your 100%.

edit: Already done it. The trials are very doable, aside of:

- BB Hood challenge number 5 and Rikuo's 2 and 5, are VERY difficult imo (hate those dash based combos).

- Hsien Ko challenge number 4 is kind of tricky (stun item) and Morrigans' Noctural Illusion combos are a little hard as well.

Edited by EloyOn

Thanks mate, I've just done Rikuo's fifth challenge with the glitch AND the start cheat. It was very tough (2-3 hours).

Congrats on your 100%.

edit: Already done it. The trials are very doable, aside of:

- BB Hood challenge number 5 and Rikuo's 2 and 5, are VERY difficult imo (hate those dash based combos).

- Hsien Ko challenge number 4 is kind of tricky (stun item) and Morrigans' Noctural Illusion combos are a little hard as well.

Shit, can't believe I only just saw this now. I would have gave you my tip for BB hood's 5th trial.

Tutorial 5 has 2 parts:

Part 1:

Dashing Jab (:xbut:)

Crouch Jab (:xbut:)

Standing Jab (:xbut:)

Part 2:

The thing is, part 1 is pretty easy, just slowly do the first 3 commands and as soon as you do the second dash you have to hit the :xbut: button imediately for the dashing Jab to connect.

The thing about Part 2 is that instead of doing Dashing Jab > Dashing Jab you can simply use the combo from part 1 and it'll still count. Thus you can easily complete that challenge. Just posting this here just in case someone else needs help.

I personally used a turbo for most of the trials, especially Rikuo's and Morrigan's/Lillith's. Some of them are insane without one, I think one of Lillith's one has you doing like 8 Crouching Jabs in a row to a roundhouse then darkness illusion.

Rikuo's challenge achievement was the first cheevo I got in the game, I like going for the hardest cheevos first.

The thing about Part 2 is that instead of doing Dashing Jab > Dashing Jab you can simply use the combo from part 1 and it'll still count. Thus you can easily complete that challenge. Just posting this here just in case someone else needs help.

I personally used a turbo for most of the trials, especially Rikuo's and Morrigan's/Lillith's. Some of them are insane without one, I think one of Lillith's one has you doing like 8 Crouching Jabs in a row to a roundhouse then darkness illusion.

Rikuo's challenge achievement was the first cheevo I got in the game, I like going for the hardest cheevos first.

Thanks man, when I said "already done it" I meant that I already completed the game, I wasn't expecting tips. BUT your BB Hood challenge 5.2 method is perfect, I wish I'd known it in due time @_@ at least if someone else checks this thread he/she can take advantage of it.

Hahaha, funny thing is, I own a turbo controller but did Morrigan's and Lilith 5th challenges without it. I... forgot I could do it with the turbo option :drunkAnyways I did use it in the end (with other characters). Donovan's #5 with the turbo controller is a piece of cake.

I didn't do the character chievos in any particular order due to difficultness, I played along with the portraits. For example, after Talbain's chievo I went with BB Hood (because she wants to hunt him), and so on. Rikuo was my 10th character IIRC.

Also, Lord Raptor was a pleasant surprise, since I expected it to be pretty tough, having into account the insane techniques he has. But I'd say it's the easiest of them all to complete.

Edited by EloyOn

Thanks man, when I said "already done it" I meant that I already completed the game, I wasn't expecting tips. BUT your BB Hood challenge 5.2 method is perfect, I wish I'd known it in due time @_@ at least if someone else checks this thread he/she can take advantage of it.

Hahaha, funny thing is, I own a turbo controller but did Morrigan's and Lilith 5th challenges without it. I... forgot I could do it with the turbo option :drunkAnyways I did use it in the end (with other characters). Donovan's #5 with the turbo controller is a piece of cake.

I didn't do the character chievos in any particular order due to difficultness, I played along with the portraits. For example, after Talbain's chievo I went with BB Hood (because she wants to hunt him), and so on. Rikuo was my 10th character IIRC.

Also, Lord Raptor was a pleasant surprise, since I expected it to be pretty tough, having into account the insane techniques he has. But I'd say it's the easiest of them all to complete.

Ah my mistake.

Wow man, major props to doing Morrigan's and lillith's trials without using your turbo. I hardly know the story of Darkstalkers but I guess your way of clearing trials via character's relations make sense. What's next on your list to complete fighting game wise? Since you completed Darkstalkers you must be pretty skilled.

Thanks, in fact those trials require skill (a little is enough) and patience (depending on your skill), so you need both to complete them. I'm not a fighting games combo monster, tough I've been playing them for several years.

Usually I only complete the games that doesn't require too much online time. Next one I'll be playing will be DOA5 Ultimate, but I don't know if I'll decide to 100% it or not (DOA4 online was dead when I played it, so I couldn't complete it even if I wanted to).

Edited by EloyOn