Bitching Thread

Kite87

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC is always better than anything in the long run. All games are built on PC, that's why they're so much better there. They have to port them, which can take away from the original product. Since I don't play games on PC anymore (too much work to keep running good and able to play current games), I won't really notice it.

Not true, most games that are multi-platform start on the consoles.

But on topic, my only grip is the game is a bit too easy.

The enemies (and your allies) look all the same,

only 5 different types...yeah. *rolls with eyes*

Then the enemies have only 3 cathphrases, i dunno how many times i've heard the "shoulda used a rubber" line....SO fucking annyoing.

I got 7 Skillpoints left and i got all skills unlocked.

What should i do with the points, seems idiotic to get it.

After some time it gets very repetetive, doing the usual Hunter/Wanted Dead Quests.

In the beginning the game is awesome,

no doubt about that, but after a while it's boring.

How the heck did the game get 100/100, 10/10 at some many sites when the graphics look terrible?! Seriously, I climbed to the top of the radio tower an almost barfed. Far Cry 1 on my PC had better graphics than this. My Wii U has better graphics than this. They're not even trying. The distant mountains are painted on the sky.

Just Cause 2 blows away this game graphically, what a joke.

How the heck did the game get 100/100, 10/10 at some many sites when the graphics look terrible?! Seriously, I climbed to the top of the radio tower an almost barfed. Far Cry 1 on my PC had better graphics than this. My Wii U has better graphics than this. They're not even trying. The distant mountains are painted on the sky.

I've haven't gotten time to play much but I felt the same at first and it seemed to get a little better as I progressed. This is why it's time for the next console generation.

You are high. You must be comparing a maxed out JC2 on PC to the xbox version of Far Cry 3.

Also Far Cry 1 was released in 2004. Xbox 360 came out in 2005. With only a year difference it's no wonder why it would look good on a pc at the time. The 360 still has the exact same specs as it did back then.

This is 7 year old hardware.

Is that sarcasm? Because a different studio did make the co-op.

Really? I didn't know that o.O

But thas would explain a lot!

I couldn't get the C4 to stick to my jeep. Fuck. No Jihad Jeep for me.

It is possible to place C4 without throwing it.

Crouch in front of your car like you are going to cover.

Then press LT and jason will plant the C4 onto the car.

Jihad car enabled! ^^

It is possible to place C4 without throwing it.

Crouch in front of your car like you are going to cover.

Then press LT and jason will plant the C4 onto the car.

Jihad car enabled! ^^

You don't even need to crouch. I've managed to plant C4 at several locations on the jeep; on the sides, on the hood, etc.

While I am enjoying the game, I don't feel it's a 10/10, and it seems like someone decided to make Far Cry 3 be Just Cause 2 in FPS mode (without the awesome grappling hook and no tons of explody stuff, I might add). It's a decent, fun game (a lot more than FC2, that's for sure), but here are some gripes:

1. Jason Brody looks and sounds like Ted from How I Met Your Mother. As Ted is widely considered to be a douche (even by the show's fans, no less), this is not a good thing.

2. I don't really like any of Brody's pals, so I wouldn't really be compelled to rescue them if the story didn't force me to.

3. I don't like the fact that new skills are only opened based on how far you are into the story as opposed to level progression. Like they were worried I'd ignore the main campaign or something. Since I liberated the North island before completing much of the story, and I had built up 15 skill points with nothing to spend them on because I'd purchased all of the unlocked skills already.

4. Attempting a Death from Above with a hang glider is fucking impossible. I tried it dozens of times on a stationary enemy on a roof and couldn't hit him once. I did perfect landings right next to him so he could hit me with his rifle and knock me down, but the game does not assist in any way, like it will if you drop on a guy near the end of a zip line.

5. If I'm standing in grass and using a flame thrower, the grass at my feet catches fire immediately after pulling the trigger. While I dig that the grass can burn and love the effect, I have issue with it doing it in this manner. I think the operative word is "thrower" in the weapon title. That means that the flame is going AWAY from me, not at my feet.

6.The body-dragging skill sucks ass. The fact that I can only drag a body when backing up, but then don't get any way to see where I'm going is just not helpful. And to top it off, sometimes enemies see the bodies through other objects, so it's a rather pointless perk.

7. The chained takedown perk is pretty cool, but it's difficult to see your next target when the first is filling the screen with his terrified, bloody face...

8. Other than for XP and a little cash, side-missions are not worth doing. And I'm not talking the Path of the Hunter and Wanted: Dead activities, I'm talking about the "missions" with the blue exclamation points. Granted, I haven't done anything on the Southern island, so this could change, but I'm doubting it.

9. Taking way too much damage from inconsequential falls. I lost 1.5 health bars dropping from the roof of a ground-level hut. What the fuck is that? I lose less health from getting shot!

10. The inventory system is a facade. It seems cool that you can upgrade for more slots, but there are really only three things - animal pelts, plants and junk to sell. I'd rather they just left out the junk and make the pick-ups all money-based and leave the pack slots just for animal skins and plants. Or, y'know, come up with useable items worth carting around...

11. About mid-way through the Northern island, money became pointless. I ended up buying guns just to keep my wallet from maxing out. I don't think the monetary system in this game was well-thought-out in the slightest.

12. And the "treasure chests" (the little diamonds all over the map) are rarely ever worth going after. They usually contain cheap junk and small amounts of money no matter how difficult the chest was to get to. And now I get thrown so much cash, they're kind of a nuisance unless they're at my feet at a place I was coming to for something else entirely.

13. Poker is dreadful. In fact, it makes the poker in Red Dead seem sophisticated. I think the best thing about it is that it remembers to burn a card before the flop, turn and river cards are played.

14. Way, way, WAY too many split pots. I went through one game where someone at the table and I had the exact same hand 3 times! What kind of algorithm shuffles these cards anyway? Well, if the animation is any indication, Brody just flips three "chunks" of cards together and starts dealing - it looks terrible. So glad I got the cheevo for this so I never have to play it again.

15. Oh, and putting a different colored shirt and a hat on the two other guys at the poker table doesn't distract me from the fact that ALL 3 have the same face. It's also kind of annoying that the same 3 guys hang out at every poker location and one of them always seems to be an aggressive pre-flop raiser.

Well, I'm only at about the half-way mark, so there might be more, but that's what I've got so far...

Map Editor should auto-save every 15-20 minutes.

You can probably guess what just happened.

Editor thoughts:

I'd prefer the camera to move on the XY-plane (Horizontal) using the left stick rather that this Underwater FPS movement it currently does where you point the camera, then move forwards or backwards, altering your height in the process even though there's already a function for going up and down on the Z-axis (Vertical)

When moving the cursor to where you want it you move the right stick, but once you're holding RT to paint/raise/flatten you move the cursor using the left stick all of a sudden.

I'd like if there could have been some scale reference because this map I'm making is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too goddamn big. I might have created my own nightmare. A sniper's paradise.

No option to try out the maps in private with your pals for some dry runs. Probably explains why most of the published maps are such gash.

STOP. MAKING. NUKE. TOWN. CLONES. OKAY?

That map was bad enough the first time.

You can't rotate the square-shaped cursor, so shitty if you wanted to get some diagonals done.

All my map ideas were based around ziplines (Shocking right?) and the ziplines blows. Too short and in a rigid pre-existing form where you cant alter the size. RIP 300ft Zipline dreams.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

Excuse me?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/11gq8vn.jpg

Mostly MP related this time:

Hurk's Punish vid is a pile of sloppily executed poo:

1. Everyone's GT and XP are still visible after they've ran off the screen leaving the victim alone.

2. The victim shouts "You assho..." followed by a massive pause before the boom

3. After the screen fades to black and the bomb happens, the screen stops being black. The victims still kneeling there unsinged, by themselves.

Poor show.

Marking enemies with the back button

AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Even worse is when you notice the LB button isn't used for anything when you tap it.

Lamer: When you hold LB down you bring up the weapon wheel. Useful in the single player, but in multiplayer where you only carry two (for which there's already a button for switching) and one throwable (no switching necessary) it's worthless in this mode.

With LB you'd be sacrificing a Ironsights for a mark the same way you tend to use the same finger for RT and RB. Seems fair to me.

Poor spawns:

Not talking about spawn trapping or spawning right in front of approaching baddies.

Started a TDM facing the boundary on Hideout!

Stuck behind non-moving teammates at the beginning of Hideout and Beachhead just because we're spawned in too tight a group and you can't push past them.

Spawned facing the opposite direction of the Transmission objective (Beachhead again)

that's the sort of amateurish stuff that happens on Custom maps (Facing walls LOL)

Look sensitivity affects all directions in all scenarios, not just X-axis or y-axis. Ironsights or hipfire. Running or gunning. Kinda shitty when you just want Verticals to counteract the recoil.

No death markers to highlight dead enemies. Just to help you know if an enemy threat has been neutralized. Wasting some time waiting for an enemy who'd ran behind a building to come out the other end. Never happened. Teammate got 'em.

How come you can self-heal when you health is VERY low, but not at half-health/90% health?

The ability to look around with RS, to set up a shot right after climbing or sliding, would have been a life saver in situations. Plus it'd look cool.

Would like to see:

A perk for marking your enemies when they kill you. I know the red dot on the minimap, but a through-the-wall eyeball above their head for a few seconds would be useful to teammates.

A shout for replenishing teammates ammo. Not an insta-reload or anything, just more back up ammo. Enemies' weapons only have a few bullets left when your starting piece runs out and you need a switch.

Selected Quick Match and have been playing about an hour. Pretty certain it's only been TDMs during that time. C'mon, I know where I want to go if I want to play TDM. (Psst: It's the 'Team Deathmatch' option)

On some of the after match line graphs you'll find you competitive MP K/D compared to your Co-op K/D if you've recently played. Can you say disparity?

The co-op mission where you have to hold out in the church AND put the drugs in the back of the truck? Far too easy to wander out of bounds trying to get the enemies before they get into position.

More a moan about how wondering out of bound makes you put your guns away than boundary complaint.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87
MORE

I completely love this game, but fall damage is fucking ridicoulus! That's my only complain.

I agree. The fall damage is absolutely fucking absurd. Needs a patch. I have died more from falling than I have from enemies. Actually, I've never died from human enemies in this game. Once by a bear. That was it. Bullets hardly damage me but a fucking five foot drop drains two bars of health? WUT.

I'll agree with this one.

You can take a few bullets and not lose to much health, but jump and lose 2-3m in elevation and you almost die?

Last time I played I found out it's not even falling anymore. I had half of my health bars disappear from... Drum roll... Running too fast.

Yes, running too fast down a hill nearly killed me.

Yes, running too fast down a hill nearly killed me.

Yet sliding down a huge rock face has no negative impact on your body:p

This isn't so much of a bitch as it is a strange occurrence but i like how you can stand near the edge of the road and when pirates approach they begin to spot you but you crouch and suddenly you become invisible:confused:

This isn't so much of a bitch as it is a strange occurrence but i like how you can stand near the edge of the road and when pirates approach they begin to spot you but you crouch and suddenly you become invisible

It's a well documented fact that pirates suffer of Myopia and ADHD. That's why, when you duck, they can't see you and tend to forget about the fact that you just skinned most of their buddies.

It's also why when you loot their bodies you always find some drug paraphernalia on them: it's actually empty coke packets that's filled up with crushed Methylphenidate (Ritalin). They disguise their medicines as drugs so that they don't appear "soft" in front of their buddies.

True facts.

980g atm

I need to do payback on co op

Yet every bloody time i put payback as the chapter i want to do. It changes it for me n i end up in another chapter that i dont wanna bloody do,

Really pissing me off lol

Edited by SYOTOS