HAHA, New Zune?! WTF?

avengerRPM

So, just saw the new Zunes. I can't believe they are putting out two new ones:

- 4 and 8GB Nano-sized Flash-based smaller ones. They are priced at $149 and $199 respectively.

- and 80GB harddrive version for $249.

How does Microsoft think they will make money? I honestly only person who bought the Zune, my younger brother, who kind of refuses to buy anything that is socially popular.

What do you all think?

A little late on the train aren't you? I think the prices are set competitively and I personally like the designs much better. I was going to buy one until I bought a PSP and I'm also like your brother. I hate buying things that are so socially accepted because they generally end up being really crappy products i.e. iPod. They were initially really good but, they're over priced MP3s. Only MP3 that isn't even classified as an MP3. That's how popular it is.

I'm not a "Portable Device" kind of guy.;)

All I need is my cell phone and I'm good. Don't get me wrong. I am a Tech-Head, but I hate carrying so many accessories around with me.

I look at my bro and he carries a...

1. Cell Phone

2. iPod

3. PSP

4. DS Lite

Where are the pockets???:confused:

If I had to choose between a Zune and a iPod...I'm going for an iPod. Sorry M$, but my money is going elsewhere in this situation.

I have a Zune and I love it. Much easier to navigate menus and start playlists. While songs are playing, the display is much nice. The Zune software and library system is much better than iTunes as well.

I used to own an iPod, so this is not coming from someone who just doesn't like anything popular. I even liked the iPod when I first got it, but I would never go back. For an Apple product, it had TONS of problems. People laugh at Windows for all its viruses and crashing, but I had to go to the Apple Store seven times in a year to service my iPod. I've had my Zune since Father's Day and not a single hiccup.

I actually don't know anyone who has not had problems with an iPod they've bought. All of those people have since got rid of it for something else. I'm the only one who tried the Zune though.

who gives a shit about whats socially "in" i sure dont, i just bought myself an 80g ipod so i could take it on plane rides and trips and stuff, ipods are simple to use and work great for what they are supposed to do, play music.

lol what's socially in is the ipod touch which caught my eye and will be picking one up soon but my brother says the zune takes forever to switch between songs

I have an ipod and have had 2 in total. I love my ipod to death and I would never switch over to the zune. It's nothing against the zune just my sister has one and She actually like my music so on occasion if my ipod is dead i borrow her zune and god its so annoying. I hate not being able to spin the wheel and easily navigate menu's. I had the original ipod then upgraded to the video when that came out. I have had no problems whatsoever and I don't think I ever will. I noticed Pants said that The zune software was better than itunes! IMO it is garbage, but that just might be because I have grown accustom to itunes so much.

Edit: I forgot to mention the zune software is not multi user friendly. Everytime I download something the zune software automatically adds it to the zune library. I'm sure that you can turn it off but Its just an annoyance that doesnt need to be their.

Edit: I forgot to mention the zune software is not multi user friendly. Everytime I download something the zune software automatically adds it to the zune library. I'm sure that you can turn it off but Its just an annoyance that doesnt need to be their.

iTunes does that as well, unless you tell it not to.

I do agree a bit with the multi-user friendly thing. However, that's simply because if the music is yours, then it should only be on your Zune (from a legal standpoint), so Microsoft tried to limit having friends come over to put your music on their units.

I have a 40gb iPod and I've been mostly happy with its service, but its far from what I look for in portable devices now. However, I bought it because everyone else had it and I figured it was the mp3 player to get. Prior to my iPod I had a Nomad Jukebox. I love to get features with my mp3 players, and the iPod just doesn't deliver.

Hell, my 1gb Sansa has a built in radio, microphone and a micro sd slot for expandable memory, and i only paid $40 for it. I've been looking at getting a Zune to replace my iPod because the thing doesn't hold a charge half the time and it freezes often. I've had it for maybe 3 or 4 years, so its definitely near the end of its life cycle.

At this point, I'd much rather get a Zune than an iPod. Maybe this season. :)

Did you even read my post? I had an iPod for the same amount of time I have now had my Zune. Seven visits to the apple store in the same amount of time as ZERO visits for the Zune.

0 < 7

Microsoft wins!

I did read your post, Pants.

I personally don't own any models of the iPOD, but I have many friends that do. Not ONE has had any problems with it. However on the Zune side, I have a few friends that have had it freeze on them or just magically, all there content was erased.

Apple still wins in my eyes.

I think i might get a zune. I really like the redesign that microsoft made. Im exactly like your brother too though... i hate to get anything that everybody has.

For example, when i had to get a new cell phone i got one that was really nice that nobody had. Then like 2 weeks after i got it, everyone started buying the one i had. Kinda pissed me off lol.

I go with iPods because they are the easiest to use and are brilliant at what they do. They do have their problems though, my first every iPod lasted a whole 10 days before the scroll wheel somehow came away, and my current one occasionaly decides to fall out of my pocket and get scratched to bits, but thats just cos it don't like me ;/