Halo: TMCC…fucking over achievement hunters for weeks on end.

Yeah, LASO's pretty much all I have left in MCC (other than it, all that's left are 500 games/wins, local CTF, and killing 260 more Watchers), but this is too much. I'm probably just going to find someone for co-op. I don't want to risk the game forcing me to start LASO over every time I want to leave it for the day.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, LASO's pretty much all I have left in MCC (other than it, all that's left are 500 games/wins, local CTF, and killing 260 more Watchers), but this is too much. I'm probably just going to find someone for co-op. I don't want to risk the game forcing me to start LASO over every time I want to leave it for the day.

You were doing LASOs on your own? Damn, I can't bring myself to bother trying that.

I still have loads left - 70 achievements - but I'm slowly making progress. It's become a boring grind at this point, though :/

I don't know any! :(

Besides, I should be fine with anyone 'above average.' At least with Halo 4 LASO since it's probably the easiest.

I'd give you a hand, but admittedly, I haven't started any of the LASO Campaigns, so I might not be the best partner right this moment. That, and if I ditch my friend to complete them with someone else, I'd just have to do them twice :p

I'd give you a hand, but admittedly, I haven't started any of the LASO Campaigns, so I might not be the best partner right this moment. That, and if I ditch my friend to complete them with someone else, I'd just have to do them twice :p

Well, I'm all for 3-person co-op, too. You were able to get You're Joking, so I know you'd do well enough.

Well, I'm all for 3-person co-op, too. You were able to get You're Joking, so I know you'd do well enough.

You're Joking, I relied on help from someone else for four missions, but I'd venture I'm still capable :p My buddy and I might be doing H4 and H3 LASO within the next two weeks so if we do, I'll be in that LASO-mood, and see where you're at with it.

I just wish Blind wasn't necessary :(

You're Joking, I relied on help from someone else for four missions, but I'd venture I'm still capable :p My buddy and I might be doing H4 and H3 LASO within the next two weeks so if we do, I'll be in that LASO-mood, and see where you're at with it.

I just wish Blind wasn't necessary :(

Cool, let me know if you guys start it up. Though I haven't memorized much of H4 LASO strats after Infinity, I think it shouldn't be too hard. A normal Halo 2 Legendary run may even be harder than coop H4 LASO http://www.dustloop.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif

I probably won't be anywhere by that time because I'm salty at my lost progress haha.

Blind isn't too bad, I think; it's pretty easy to get used to and only messes with your mind, rather than actually altering how the game works. I have much more issue with Iron; and in the first two games, Eye Patch.

Cool, let me know if you guys start it up. Though I haven't memorized much of H4 LASO strats after Infinity, I think it shouldn't be too hard. A normal Halo 2 Legendary run may even be harder than coop H4 LASO http://www.dustloop.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif

I probably won't be anywhere by that time because I'm salty at my lost progress haha.

Blind isn't too bad, I think; it's pretty easy to get used to and only messes with your mind, rather than actually altering how the game works. I have much more issue with Iron; and in the first two games, Eye Patch.

Will do! And I'll take your word for it since I've never tried any type of LASO'ing on Halo 4. Halo 2 Legendary is just stupid hard. They tweaked the AI to be incredibly more dangerous in MCC, I feel like.

It's just something I can never get used to. Black Eye, Tilt, etc. I can understand and adapt, but I have a hard time getting used to no crosshair. It makes me a little sad deep down.

Though Eye Patch…I've only LASO'd the first mission in Halo: CE with my bud, but damn…the skull's description is pretty accurate. You WILL miss it when it's gone :p

My turn to bitch. Fuck the latest patch, it's messed up the leader board times massively, half my times are incorrect and much slower than they should be.

Even some of Eli's and other runners records have been wiped. Great game this... maybe it's just not updated properly? Some of the cheat times were removed.

Edited by sun100

LASO buddies

Go ahead and add me, chaos. I got You're Joking by myself (no offense Bigg :p) and was meaning to start LASO but didn't want the stress when there's 360 Gamerscore to get. Really good at 4 but I can be helpful with 3 if you haven't done it yet. Will probably slow you down in the first two if you try them.

My turn to bitch. Fuck the latest patch, it's messed up the leader board times massively, half my times are incorrect and much slower than they should be.

Even some of Eli's and other runners records have been wiped. Great game this... maybe it's just not updated properly? Some of the cheat times were removed.

Really? Jesus Christ 343. At least I got my H4 speedrun done before this nonsense.

Spent 8 hours on Cairo Station LASO with my buddy last night. We finally got through the second hangar and were beginning to cruise through the rest of the mission... WHEN THE FUCKING GAME CRASHED ERASING ALL OUR PROGRESS.

But hey, maybe next time the checkpoints will work properly. [/wishfulthinking]

Excellent, turns out that about 6-8 co-op World records I have across the games have disappeared also. I am surprised there isn't any posts about the leader board glitches on waypoint.

As much as it sucks, they have more important things to fix. It seems that stuff like leaderboard times and MAKING MY FUCKING DEVASTATED ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCK aren't important enough.

Go ahead and add me, chaos. I got You're Joking by myself (no offense Bigg :p) and was meaning to start LASO but didn't want the stress when there's 360 Gamerscore to get. Really good at 4 but I can be helpful with 3 if you haven't done it yet. Will probably slow you down in the first two if you try them.

Sure, maybe we can even get a whole group together with Bigg and his bud.

I know it's been said before but these par score achievements are poorly implemented. I've unlocked a few just by going through on normal or heroic. I even unlocked one in Halo:CE using some of the secondary skulls which lower your score. Yet there are others where you almost have to play with all skulls on.

I'm starting to think these par time and scores were an afterthought, otherwise 343 would have spent more time making each score tailored to each level.

I even unlocked one in Halo:CE using some of the secondary skulls which lower your score.

The skulls that lower your score have a 0x multiplier. If you're referring to skulls like Boom, Grunt Birthday Party, IWHBYD, and such, then they have a 1.00x multiplier and no effect on your score. :)

But you're absolutely right, they put no thought into the par scores and seemingly very little into the par time. But really, that could be said for a lot of things in MCC, like, I don't know, making sure the game actually works? :|

The skulls that lower your score have a 0x multiplier. If you're referring to skulls like Boom, Grunt Birthday Party, IWHBYD, and such, then they have a 1.00x multiplier and no effect on your score. :)

But you're absolutely right, they put no thought into the par scores and seemingly very little into the par time. But really, that could be said for a lot of things in MCC, like, I don't know, making sure the game actually works? :|

Opps, I didn't realise the secondary skulls were 1.00x. For some reason I was thinking they were 0.25x but I think that's easy difficulty. I just thought it odd that people are almost having to play with all skulls on to beat the score on some levels and I was playing on legendary but dying and generally messing about and I still managed to beat the score on a level.

The more I see of the game the more I'm convinced 343 weren't ready to release on time and should have held the game back a little while longer.

It's just something I can never get used to. Black Eye, Tilt, etc. I can understand and adapt, but I have a hard time getting used to no crosshair. It makes me a little sad deep down.

This was an issue on Gears of War for me when blind firing until I followed the suggestion to put a small sticker on the center of the TV to act as a reticule. Just aim with the sniper and put the sticker right over the crosshairs and you'll be set.

Edit: Oh, and gee I'm glad I've waited on buying and X1. This was the only game I wanted it for. Hopefully, they'll sort out all the issues eventually.

Edited by Fritz White

The more I see of the game the more I'm convinced 343 weren't ready to release on time and should have held the game back a little while longer.

Let's blame Microsoft as the publisher…

Nah, they're both at fault here. They definitely rushed most of these achievement ideas. Halo: CE's Par Scores are brutal, while Halo 4's can be achieved by playing on Normal at times without any modifiers on. Really stupid that each level doesn't have it's "own" score.

This was an issue on Gears of War for me when blind firing until I followed the suggestion to put a small sticker on the center of the TV to act as a reticule. Just aim with the sniper and put the sticker right over the crosshairs and you'll be set.

Yeah, this is a tactic people keep reminding me about. My friends used to do it in Rainbow Six Vegas so come LASO time, I may need to try investing in some tape :p