Why are they not allowing any kind of player chat?

StolenPaper18

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I pay to have a party chat feature and should be able to use it whenever I want unless it can be used for cheating which was my example of hc snd (the only mode you can't use it in bc of cheating)

2. Xbox advertises that you can chat cross games while in party

3. This is a single player game therefore being in a party can't create cheating, so if I want to talk to my friends while playing this game I should be able to

Good luck wanting to chat during this game, even if playing single player/offline mode. I hardly want to talk to anyone in the same room when it's going on. You're also at the super advantage of not having helpful messages scrawled by other players on the ground warning you of rage inducing surprises, or what area is indeed safe.

Have fun.

Good luck wanting to chat during this game, even if playing single player/offline mode. I hardly want to talk to anyone in the same room when it's going on. You're also at the super advantage of not having helpful messages scrawled by other players on the ground warning you of rage inducing surprises, or what area is indeed safe.

Have fun.

I will because everyone enjoys playing games a different way

i will be playing this game OFFLINE then, because i am in a party 24/7 and i have friends that i talk to while im achievement whoring.

how stupid, i dont give a shit about my sense of dread, or immersion, or whatever the fuck their reason is for this shit.

games alone are boring to me, i need, 1. a game to play 2. people to talk to 3. my laptop 4. televison in the background 5. music

if i can only have 4/5 of those things i will die of boredom, FUCK YOU DARK SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I frowned on them letting 360 gamers get there hands on this game... They don't understand WHY you cannot "chat with 50 people at once". For one, you CAN group with friends, you just have to know HOW. Secondly, like most have said, if you had friends chatting in the background, you would say some things that would make them no longer your friend, hell even having my dad in the room while I play, calling me "scrub" makes me want to bludgeon him with a hammer (not funny cause a kid actually did that cause his dad took his games away, but meh). What Atlus did was perfect, the game is AMAZING, deal with how they made it, if any part of it was meant to be easy, then it wouldn't be dark souls, sorry this isn't a fps like every other game on the 360

i will be playing this game OFFLINE then, because i am in a party 24/7 and i have friends that i talk to while im achievement whoring.

how stupid, i dont give a shit about my sense of dread, or immersion, or whatever the fuck their reason is for this shit.

games alone are boring to me, i need, 1. a game to play 2. people to talk to 3. my laptop 4. televison in the background 5. music

if i can only have 4/5 of those things i will die of boredom, FUCK YOU DARK SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have problems. The kicker is this: if any of those above were actually interesting/fun for you, then you wouldn't need to do more than 1-2 things at one time.

If you don't play a video game to be immersed in the gameplay, I'm not sure why anyone would play them; arbitrary points I guess.

What Atlus did was perfect, the game is AMAZING, deal with how they made it, if any part of it was meant to be easy, then it wouldn't be dark souls, sorry this isn't a fps like every other game on the 360

Just a moot point here, but Atlus had nothing to do with this game. Namco ported/published it to NA/EU, and FromSoftware developed it.

Well, start, then? I dunno. Doesn't look like you've even kindled the first bonfire. Or are you waiting for a party?

I played the game on another account to get the feel for it. Had no problem while talking to my friends while playing. Might pick it up when it's cheaper but won't be paying 60$ for it

Edited by ofay

Just a moot point here, but Atlus had nothing to do with this game. Namco ported/published it to NA/EU, and FromSoftware developed it.

woops. lol how did I miss that?... ohwell this is a good sequel by developers then, I'm surprised how similar it is (in a good way) unlike the relation to kotor 1 and 2 :p

I love how much rage this has indused in people because they can't party chat, I party chat all the time online and you know what? I couldn't give a shit about not being able to party chat when I get to play this fantastic game.

I played Demon's Souls, didn't talk to a single person when I played it and loved every moment of it.

People are just getting bitchy over absolutely nothing. Enjoy playing in Offline Mode! Alot more rage inducing than Online mode with no party chat.

Quote of the week for me dude. :)

cheers :D

OT: invasion and coop are all random right? i have yet to recieve my copy so im still not 100% what its like, so in thoery is party chatting really going to affect you that much?, as people have said there is a way to beat the system by appearing offline or private chat.

So, play the game, have fun, die alot, and then tell people about it afterwards ;)

cheers :D

OT: invasion and coop are all random right? i have yet to recieve my copy so im still not 100% what its like, so in thoery is party chatting really going to affect you that much?, as people have said there is a way to beat the system by appearing offline or private chat.

So, play the game, have fun, die alot, and then tell people about it afterwards ;)

Invasion is random, because you/the enemy don't get to choose who to go after.

However, coop isn't. You'll find Soul Signs of players who want to coop, and you can touch them to bring them to your world. Unfortunately, these signs don't always show up. Just like the shades of people that you see, these fade in and out, so if you want a person to help, you need to grab it while you can.

You'd think they'd just have a friggin' list of people LFG or a auto-group option, but From Software is trying really hard to be as archaic as possible.

I haven't played this game enough yet to know if this is a possible reason (as I don't know if you can be invaded while you have someone present for co-op, but if you can...) is to cut down on stuff that happened in PvP in Demon's Souls. I haven't had any online visitors in my world (yet), but in Demon's Souls what was happening was this: Two friends close in level would arrange with each other to kill an unsuspecting person and take their stuff in the following way. Friend 2 invades friend 1's world as a black phantom but they don't fight. Then Friend 1 invites someone to play coop, and whoever joins the world gets immediately attacked by the black phantom, with the result usually being death for the person who joined for coop.

Sounds like you have problems. The kicker is this: if any of those above were actually interesting/fun for you, then you wouldn't need to do more than 1-2 things at one time.

If you don't play a video game to be immersed in the gameplay, I'm not sure why anyone would play them; arbitrary points I guess.

i was using hyperbole to get my point across, which is, i think this is a stupid feature.