Correct way to do street crimes?

Heather V says

Is there a correct way to do street crimes? Like, are all of them supposed to end in death? Because every time I finish a street mission and the body is being loaded in the van, Cole just looks so...disappointed. I mean, I know I still get credit for doing them, but I just don't want to be killing everyone in LA if I don't have to be.:confused:

Is there a correct way to do street crimes? Like, are all of them supposed to end in death? Because every time I finish a street mission and the body is being loaded in the van, Cole just looks so...disappointed. I mean, I know I still get credit for doing them, but I just don't want to be killing everyone in LA if I don't have to be.:confused:

Better the Scum are off the streets, plus it goes towards your 100 killed achievement :)

If you point your gun at people as they are running away, a little reticule fills up slowly. Once it fills, you fire a shot into the air and the fleeing crim wll stop. Its best to do this when they are running in a straight line. I have only done this in a story case but I assume it also works for street crimes aswell. But like someone else said, its best to just shoot them and get some kills towards your achievement.

Alright, thanks for all the input. Glad to know I'm not doing something horribly wrong. I want to get the most out of my game;)

I felt the same exact way. I've actually replayed a couple of the street crimes just to make sure I didn't miss anything because I'm totally ADHD about not getting the most out of any games. If anything, I want to avoid killing anyone if I could help it. Much more satisfying to book em instead of shooting them.

If you point your gun at people as they are running away, a little reticule fills up slowly. Once it fills, you fire a shot into the air and the fleeing crim wll stop. Its best to do this when they are running in a straight line. I have only done this in a story case but I assume it also works for street crimes aswell. But like someone else said, its best to just shoot them and get some kills towards your achievement.

That reticule doesn't always show up. In fact the vast majority of the time you have your gun out you are expected to shoot people. Now as to whether you can just disarm or cripple them instead of killing them...Not sure.

That reticule doesn't always show up. In fact the vast majority of the time you have your gun out you are expected to shoot people. Now as to whether you can just disarm or cripple them instead of killing them...Not sure.

Yeah, I've only seen that reticule one time and that wasn't even in a street crime. Lol I didn't even know what it was. And that's exactly the impression I was under, my character has his gun out, so I'm assuming you want me to shoot the guy? But I just didn't feel "right". Like I expected to get more out of it. Maybe arrest the guy, or talk to him, find out why he did it. Not just shoot him dead and then be done with it lol

Apprehend the suspect = normally ends in arrest after a chase.

Subdue the suspect = normally end in death for the suspect.

After playing more today ive only had one mission which ended in arrest after a car chase. As for your logic its flawed because unless there is a car involved all the criminals are armed and you are not able to use non deadly force.

Some do have different ending though, I remember one where I had to fight this dude on the top of the roof, the first time I did it, I ended up pushing him off the roof during the fight (obviously killing him) but the second time I did it, I just knocked him out on the roof and he was taken in alive. So yeah it definately possible to keep some of them alive

A lot of them force you to kill the person. If someone is shooting at you just put a bullet in their head and move to the next guy. As far as I know it isnt possible to stop someone who is shooting at you or running and shooting unless you kill them. I have tried taking out peoples knees and they often just die or keep shooting.

A lot of them force you to kill the person. If someone is shooting at you just put a bullet in their head and move to the next guy. As far as I know it isnt possible to stop someone who is shooting at you or running and shooting unless you kill them. I have tried taking out peoples knees and they often just die or keep shooting.

Pretty sure you can just shoot the gun out of their hand