quick scoping

These guys in here are dicks but i guess i can give you some tips:

Sleight of Hand Pro for sure, Steady Aim and of course Stopping Power should help

Have the enemy between the cross hairs and stop a half second so your cross hairs get smaller.

Then the point is to aim into the scope for like half a second just enough so you barely see the enemy, then as soon as you see him fire..

Some people get so good at it that they dont even need to see the guy in the scope to kill him..

I dont quick scope myself but im a vet of cod and i know how people do it, my cousin does it often so i pretty much learned it from him.

Practice and you feel like a beast whenever you do it. I quick scope alot and get quite a few chopper gunners, but a good secondary is always helpful (akimbo glocks). If you get REALLY good you can attach lightweight or any other perk 2 besides stopping power to your class because its really not needed.

Never use the acog, and use the Barret .50 at least when starting

OH and if your looking for the quick scoping where you dont scope in all the way, dont even bother. Your crosshairs shrinking is just a visual effect you are either 100% sighted in or firing from the hip. It takes about .4 seconds to sight in with a scoped rifle (.2 with SOH pro) but if you fire at .395 seconds into your scope its just as accurate as a hip fire

Start;

.50 Cal

SOH PRO

Stopping power

Steady aim

End;

.50 Cal/intervention

SOH PRO

LW

Any perk 3

Edited by Bradqqqqqqqqqqq

Actually, the .50cal is pretty garbage at quickscoping. At least in comparison to the Intervention.

And if you're going to say that you own with the .50cal, you'd be doing much better with the Intervention, in terms of quickscoping. Yes, the Barrett outperforms the Intervention in almost every other aspect, but the Intervention is more accurate in quick/no scoping, I'll give it that. I've used both a fair bit, so there is no bias here.

Actually, the .50cal is pretty garbage at quickscoping. At least in comparison to the Intervention.

And if you're going to say that you own with the .50cal, you'd be doing much better with the Intervention, in terms of quickscoping. Yes, the Barrett outperforms the Intervention in almost every other aspect, but the Intervention is more accurate in quick/no scoping, I'll give it that. I've used both a fair bit, so there is no bias here.

No its not

Is there an actual point to quick scoping or is just to make you feel like a pimp?

I personally think it's gay.

It's a good thing to be able to do if you run into someone right in front of you.. :\

Also when sniping and there's only a small window before they run behind more cover.. It's good to be able to pull off that quick shot. Sure you can hardscope that spot, but if you are you can't see the entire map..

Is there an actual point to quick scoping or is just to make you feel like a pimp?

I personally think it's gay.

same i dont see the point in it, although if i was any good at it i would probs do it but i prefer ump45 with silencer. but some of the quick scoping kill iv seen are unreal :eek:

Practice and you feel like a beast whenever you do it. I quick scope alot and get quite a few chopper gunners, but a good secondary is always helpful (akimbo glocks). If you get REALLY good you can attach lightweight or any other perk 2 besides stopping power to your class because its really not needed.

Never use the acog, and use the Barret .50 at least when starting

OH and if your looking for the quick scoping where you dont scope in all the way, dont even bother. Your crosshairs shrinking is just a visual effect you are either 100% sighted in or firing from the hip. It takes about .4 seconds to sight in with a scoped rifle (.2 with SOH pro) but if you fire at .395 seconds into your scope its just as accurate as a hip fire

Start;

.50 Cal

SOH PRO

Stopping power

Steady aim

End;

.50 Cal/intervention

SOH PRO

LW

Any perk 3

These guys in here are dicks but i guess i can give you some tips:

Sleight of Hand Pro for sure, Steady Aim and of course Stopping Power should help

Have the enemy between the cross hairs and stop a half second so your cross hairs get smaller.

Then the point is to aim into the scope for like half a second just enough so you barely see the enemy, then as soon as you see him fire..

Some people get so good at it that they dont even need to see the guy in the scope to kill him..

I dont quick scope myself but im a vet of cod and i know how people do it, my cousin does it often so i pretty much learned it from him.

thanks ill try both guns out and yes they were

You do want to be using the Intervention for proper quick scoping. Intervention with Stopping power is a kill anywhere on the enemy, the Barret isn't a kill on limbs so more often than the Barret, the Intervention will be a kill.

There seems to be some confusion here as to what quick scoping is: quick scoping is where you do something to make your shot fly perfectly straight, such as pressing LT for just long enough or even reloading I believe. You don't even need to see the cross-hairs come up because you're shot flies straight slightly before that happens. This is proper quick scoping and is hugely frustrating and if you see it in clutch kill kill cams you'll notice the shot is normally no where near the enemy and it'll annoy you but it is a very effective way to play as most secondary weapons are weak at mid range.

However, being very quick at ADS, lining up a shot and killing someone before they go behind cover is just being a good sniper.

But yeah:

Intervention with:

Stopping power (one shot kills anywhere on the enemy)

Sleight of Hand Pro (Faster ADS so quick scope is . . . quick and faster bolt action so faster fire rate)

Steady Aim (I've always used this but I've never checked if it makes a difference since it's not technically hip fire shooting as the whole point is tricking the game into thinking it's ADS, might help with the idle sway though which is going on even when you aren't looking down the scope)

FMJ might help because people often stand behind cover but doesn't increase your damage, just makes it be reduced by less by penetration.

You do want to be using the Intervention for proper quick scoping. Intervention with Stopping power is a kill anywhere on the enemy, the Barret isn't a kill on limbs so more often than the Barret, the Intervention will be a kill.

There seems to be some confusion here as to what quick scoping is: quick scoping is where you do something to make your shot fly perfectly straight, such as pressing LT for just long enough or even reloading I believe. You don't even need to see the cross-hairs come up because you're shot flies straight slightly before that happens. This is proper quick scoping and is hugely frustrating and if you see it in clutch kill kill cams you'll notice the shot is normally no where near the enemy and it'll annoy you but it is a very effective way to play as most secondary weapons are weak at mid range.

However, being very quick at ADS, lining up a shot and killing someone before they go behind cover is just being a good sniper.

But yeah:

Intervention with:

Stopping power (one shot kills anywhere on the enemy)

Sleight of Hand Pro (Faster ADS so quick scope is . . . quick and faster bolt action so faster fire rate)

Steady Aim (I've always used this but I've never checked if it makes a difference since it's not technically hip fire shooting as the whole point is tricking the game into thinking it's ADS, might help with the idle sway though which is going on even when you aren't looking down the scope)

FMJ might help because people often stand behind cover but doesn't increase your damage, just makes it be reduced by less by penetration.

My Intervention is so taggy its useless the barett has way more power then the intevention

Quick scoping is an easy manoeuvre to pull off you just need practice tbh there is only two weapons you can really quick scope with: The Barret and the Intervention. You don't really need steady aim since your quick-SCOPING but if you want to no-scope as well put it on.

Just practice it, it's the only way you'll get better at it and there isn't really any advice that actually makes you stand out from the crowd.

EDIT: If you want to know the basics then watch this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4nHFfkmRk]YouTube- Modern Warfare 2 Quick Scope Tutorial [HD Commentary][/ame]

Edited by iBlessing 09

Just practice it, it's the only way you'll get better at it and there isn't really any advice that actually makes you stand out from the crowd.

EDIT: If you want to know the basics then watch this:

YouTube- Modern Warfare 2 Quick Scope Tutorial [HD Commentary]

That dude was seriously ADD... I didn't find that video very useful in terms of "teaching" how to quick scope. Most of the guys that kill me quick scoping, you don't even see the scope in the killcam because they do it so fast. This guy is actually using the scoping, he is just doing so slightly quicker than most people.

That dude was seriously ADD... I didn't find that video very useful in terms of "teaching" how to quick scope. Most of the guys that kill me quick scoping, you don't even see the scope in the killcam because they do it so fast. This guy is actually using the scoping, he is just doing so slightly quicker than most people.

Yeah a lot of those weren't even quick scopes -_-