PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Ascend: Hand of Kul
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
morgul maggot

Morgul Maggot's Gamercard
Best route for increasing soul count?

I'm finding the game fun enough to play, but the wife and I both are a bit frustrated at how long it takes to build up souls to purchase upgrades and items/weapons/armor. Any suggestions on farming souls?
morgul maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Buy them?

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
morgul maggot

Morgul Maggot's Gamercard
I'd really appreciate an answer that didn't require me to spend money on the game....
morgul maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Darkseide

Darkseide's Gamercard
Repair often. I find that if I repair when my gear is still in the 90s, I'm not spending as much souls as I normally would be.

Run the Dungeons constantly. Do Dungeons, save and quit, and go again.

Travel the scenic area from the Tutorial area to wherever you are in Quest Progress, killing as you go!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
69bigplayer69

BigPlayer69's Gamercard
1. when ppl take over ur altar let them
2. go to that plce on map/
3. u get 400 each kill souls per kill
4 just don't kill shrine/ wrap somewhere else and they spawn back and enjoy

5. plus u get exp/ but don't know how much
69bigplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Repair your main weapon often and upgrade them to level two at the very least when you can.

Keep every piece of armor and use it until it breaks. Then sell them. If the armor is a "White" class item it would be cheap to upgrade it and keep it until it breaks. It usually only costs a fraction of Souls and will last you fairly long at least an hour before breaking. This is all variable depending on how much damage you're letting them take. All damage taken hurts your armor. Bleed and Poisoned effects can destroy whole pieces if not careful and even small humans with their arrows can damage your gear.

Keep your best gear on reserve and repair it so that you can Legacy it on Ascension. If you don't have the souls to buy pillars, priority your weapon first.

Keep a good weapon and repair often. Try new weapon types and runes. Different combinations rock.

When its time to Ascend. Keep ALL your gear maked "Legacy" alone. Don't sell it. It carries over no matter if you re-select it or not and isn't worth selling when it will be valuable as back-up gear. Everything you're not using including runes and Crusade Spells, sell it. If you're not going to Legacy it, don't let it sit there. Everything has the option to be sold. After you Ascend and are picking his gear. Don't bother picking "Legacy items. They will appear in your inventory regardless. Instead pick the weaker free items or invest in the Purple gear. I bought all Purple items will the strippened I got for sideing with a weaker God.

BigPlayer69 had a good suggestion. Setting up a Shrine with a low-level NPC Caos can net you 400 to 500 souls. I don't know for sure about XP, as they give very little for me. Just kill the Caos, leave the shrine, and warp to the beginning. This is guaranteed easy souls as fighting Caos will not harm your equipment. There are things to consider for this method. First off, don't use an Altar. Humans in the village can damage your equipment. Any damage your character takes NOT from a Caos will be applied to your armor. It also takes time it to warp back into the map and back out. Loading times are about 45 seconds to a minute and may NOT be farm optimal. You'll be seeing meager results for the time applied. I'd say use this when you really need souls like when your equipment is scrap or something has set you back greatly.

The best method for me is high weapon multipliers on weak mobs with a weak weapon. If you can be perceptive, You're doing more hits per kill and will generate a multiplier of up to 200 sometimes. I'd farm the first few zones and dungeons memorizing enemy mobs so that you don't kill yourself. I know some mobs will be upgraded, but its not as bad as the previous Beta version.

My last bit of advice is if you're going to upgrade anything. Invest in Spells. They always carry over and are powerful when leveled up. If you're investing in a Soul Pack, use the souls to upgrade at least one spell. It will save your life. Its what I did with my Summer of Arcade Bonus Pack and I've never regretted.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Elendanis

Send a message via Yahoo to Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
I'm not quite sure that getting souls is an issue. I mean, maybe at first it's hard to maintain a decent stack of souls, but right now I'm at lvl 25 and sitting at 20k souls with a full suit of somewhat upgraded gear that's fully repaired. I mean, I haven't ever purchased any gear (besides the yellow rarity helmet). I have sold all the gear I have picked up that wasn't an upgrade immediately.

My advice would be to NOT buy stuff from the in game store. You are bound to find something just as good at the end of a dungeon soon. Don't sit back and grind low lvl dungeons because you lack souls, push on and you will be rewarded. I promise.
Elendanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendanis View Post
My advice would be to NOT buy stuff from the in game store. You are bound to find something just as good at the end of a dungeon soon. Don't sit back and grind low lvl dungeons because you lack souls, push on and you will be rewarded. I promise.
I agree. The store is a waste of time.

However, If you have explored all the in game dungeons and need to wait until reset to get rewarded with loot from chests going though larger dungeons is pointless.

I have sacked all dungeons, and have finished all of the Highlands story content, there isn't much to do but grind certain profitable areas and wait for the reset to happen.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
Elendanis

Send a message via Yahoo to Elendanis

Gumpy366's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon 616 View Post
I agree. The store is a waste of time.

However, If you have explored all the in game dungeons and need to wait until reset to get rewarded with loot from chests going though larger dungeons is pointless.

I have sacked all dungeons, and have finished all of the Highlands story content, there isn't much to do but grind certain profitable areas and wait for the reset to happen.
Pointless? The big black and white chests give the best loot by far compared to golden chests. You don't get those in the super low lvl dungeons.

Also, I thought they had a bottomless dungeon that you can run?
Elendanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
69bigplayer69

BigPlayer69's Gamercard
nope bottomless dungeon is not unlock yet they didn't put it is in the update maybe next one
69bigplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
Talgore

talgore's Gamercard
1. Don't buy gear till max lvl caos (20,25,30 ect)
2. Run god specific dungeons they have the best quality chests typically 1 purple item at the end
3.Sell everything unused runes crusade spells crappy items
4. I personally repair/ upgrade items when almost broken since I typically find upgrades often or side grades often
5. Kill stuff

Im on second ascention lvl 22 with 50k souls and purple gear (no real money used) and no caos farming I defend my stuff all the time. Oh and one spell maxed and another half way.

Last edited by Talgore; 09-28-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: adding a line
Talgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #12
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendanis View Post
Pointless? The big black and white chests give the best loot by far compared to golden chests. You don't get those in the super low lvl dungeons.

Also, I thought they had a bottomless dungeon that you can run?
Yes, but when you've looted all chests in the game for the day (It takes roughly 6 hours after you've unlocked all story areas), going to any dungeon is not profitable and there is little reward.

Also, there are a few great single level dungeons in the last few areas with some Black and Gold chests like a multitiered dungeon at the end. Very quick runs less than two minutes each.

And no, The Endless dungeon didn't make the current release. If so, I'd be rolling in souls and great gear.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
Gruu

Hi, I agree with what has been said, don't buy anything with real money, no need. There's plenty of gear in the dungeons and when it comes to good stuff, just keep moving forward in the story. The more u get to the point of finding the apex and killing it, u get another spell and better dungeons. To make mad souls, dungeons and combo multiplier with hitting. Make all kinds of moves when attacking, including charging and swinging to get that multiplier up. Also, don't leave anything alive. I give boosts and bonuses if I find them to other places, blessing them and usually get some in return along the way. I would recommend upgrading weps. For sure. Find which god u like and tactic on playing for u. I can kill guys much higher than me in level easily. Expand your territory, ascend as much as possible and make sure you guys are tough when u ascend them. I hope this helps, patience is the key and just enjoy the scenery.
Gruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
Toxaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruu View Post
Hi, I agree with what has been said, don't buy anything with real money, no need. There's plenty of gear in the dungeons and when it comes to good stuff, just keep moving forward in the story. The more u get to the point of finding the apex and killing it, u get another spell and better dungeons. To make mad souls, dungeons and combo multiplier with hitting. Make all kinds of moves when attacking, including charging and swinging to get that multiplier up. Also, don't leave anything alive. I give boosts and bonuses if I find them to other places, blessing them and usually get some in return along the way. I would recommend upgrading weps. For sure. Find which god u like and tactic on playing for u. I can kill guys much higher than me in level easily. Expand your territory, ascend as much as possible and make sure you guys are tough when u ascend them. I hope this helps, patience is the key and just enjoy the scenery.
what do you mean tough when you ascend? like have legacy items/armor?
how can i find which god i like? ascending and playing with each?

im unsure from what others have said, should i save all gear and use it when other stuff is broken or sell it right away?

thanks
Toxaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
TERMINATOR 2452

TERMINATOR 2452's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bigplayer69 View Post
1. when ppl take over ur altar let them
2. go to that plce on map/
3. u get 400 each kill souls per kill
4 just don't kill shrine/ wrap somewhere else and they spawn back and enjoy

5. plus u get exp/ but don't know how much
im stuck fighting a boss or one of the three guy on the throne , i accended for a second time at level 25 and it put me back in the fight with him in just my pants and a crap sword i still have my spells , can i warp out as its getting borring dieing all the time.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #16
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR 2452 View Post
im stuck fighting a boss or one of the three guy on the throne , i accended for a second time at level 25 and it put me back in the fight with him in just my pants and a crap sword i still have my spells , can i warp out as its getting borring dieing all the time.
Yes, goto map and either warp to sanctuary or somewhere else on the map. I happened the same with me on my first ascend, can still return to the place with thrones and continue the boss fight at a later point.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
To be honest the Apexes are...not that hard to fight. Get them to summon all their enemies on one end of the battlefield, then move to the other out of their threat range. From there just move back and forth on that side, dashing around to avoid the shockwave they do and fire your magic attack when they do any other attack of their own. If you get hurt, get far enough away from them and your health regenerates.

Makes it tedious but there's little point to go toe-to-toe with the jerks or kill off minions when your gear suffers for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgul maggot View Post
I'd really appreciate an answer that didn't require me to spend money on the game....
Now that I have done the campaign and just ascended back to level 30, you kinda realise how much grinding it will take to get the transcend. The are two good choices:
1. Just repeat the first level of the endless dungeon, it's really easy and you get 1000 souls without having to repair you gear or defend your sites.
2. Constantly repeat either the first or second alignment dungeons, again very easy and you gain more souls but have to repair afterwards.

Personally I think it's p1ss poor of the game makers to make the endless dungeon set to only remake once per day, I think it should redo every time you enter it and that you only get 10 souls per site held, I keep on top of my whole map for a grand total of 530 souls - frigging wow
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #19
d2farrell

Send a message via Skype™ to d2farrell

Lt Battenberg's Gamercard
Can you farm in this game anywhere at all???
d2farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #20
hadeskagemusha

hadeskagemusha's Gamercard
if u go to the circle of bone, u can get 2000~3000 souls every 2-3 min

Last edited by hadeskagemusha; 01-16-2014 at 10:40 PM.
hadeskagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #21
patheticsaiyan

jazzimusprime01's Gamercard
Don't buy em from the store as its a waste of money but you could grind the souls using dungeons or missions

you be like enemies be like