Challenge Discussion Thread

Creech

In the game settings before you start the race, while you are still in the lobby you can edit the number of heats.

Right guys, I've left it pretty late on these challenges. How many hours is gonna take to knock out all four, and is there any quick way to get around the 50 race things?

And does drag racing a friend make it a quick 25 track toy medals?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the race 100/300 miles in the Honda, I did a free race on the Indianapolis nascar circuit which is 2.5 miles a lap with 1 other drivatar. I set it to 50 laps and put an A class tune on the car.

You can manage a lap in 1 minute in A class. So 125 miles for 50mins driving. Since it's one big race less time spent in menu's. Also, you gain bulk credits and exp as well.

• 2 weeks later...

New challenges are available:

Grand Prix of Long Beach [Available until April 15th]

Complete a race in the Long Beach Challenge hopper and drive at least 125 miles in the event.

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=z951ykn43p4FqWbbFvR2Ec.8vbDhj8G2Xe7JngaTToA8.ppdOrmu2s7JHq6lo8yTTQIRcU_2eJ3BhbygdGiF8gkptiIvzRVuJcxvivlDB3RPXs.F1Wf0heP8COpblpVhwSfDuISjIScpj0HhxpZn0yfe5RWDIG63.eOqezUsSTVi11nrkAKR9L35vcUbJ2uq&w=648&h=320

Dragged [Available until May 6th]

Earn a medal in 50 Multiplayer Hopper Drag events.

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=z951ykn43p4FqWbbFvR2Ec.8vbDhj8G2Xe7JngaTToA8.ppdOrmu2s7JHq6lo8yTTQIRcU_2eJ3BhbygdGiF8gkptiIvzRVuJcxvivlDB3S2XcKALXeMeiKfJLcASmqglC3sBt_U6tIId4aQTx3Eg_B28YqpwbzM2fMq2WKm6b340VJNmdN0_liG0b.784G.&w=648&h=320

Wing and a Prayer [Available until May 6th]

Finish 10 races in the #66 Chaparral 2E Rivals event.

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=z951ykn43p4FqWbbFvR2Ec.8vbDhj8G2Xe7JngaTToA8.ppdOrmu2s7JHq6lo8yTTQIRcU_2eJ3BhbygdGiF8gkptiIvzRVuJcxvivlDB3S3JD7X7zkNOukTmLKoKl_c6uWaBULndgUAv3snM1yJjUK8N4pzg7ojYBDwfVGHvnZMjrRiO0l9AkU67z1dcyQT&w=648&h=320

Edited by Hawaiian

Anyone have any tips on a car and tune to use for someone who doesn't normally drag

American Muscle, usually... But it also depends on the length of the track; in my normal C-class online races, I found that my "humble" Cosworth with very short gearing, can outrun most other cars on about 700 yards straight.

Still, I think this Drag-challenge is a bit of a toss up who will win; since tunes are freely available, there is a chance you end up in a lobby with 8 same cars with same setup...

Can someone direct me to where the #66 Chaparral 2E Rivals event is as I can't find it anywhere?

EDIT: nm, its the first one in rivals monthly, its called Wing and a Prayer and not the #66 chapar nonsense.

Edited by EDDS

yeah becuz it is a 2 hour event. took a while for i to figure that out.

i was wondering if i could rent the car and still get the challenge?

i dont want to waste time if anyone knows.. i take it i have to drive 125 miles in this 2 hour event.

EDIT i got the challenge with a rental car. 125 miles is about 01:30mins in. i wonder how much xp and money i would have received.

Edited by Toxaz

yeah becuz it is a 2 hour event. took a while for i to figure that out.

i was wondering if i could rent the car and still get the challenge?

i dont want to waste time if anyone knows.. i take it i have to drive 125 miles in this 2 hour event.

EDIT i got the challenge with a rental car. 125 miles is about 01:30mins in. i wonder how much xp and money i would have received.

Money depends on position, obviously. But the xp was about 60K for me...went a little ways toward my Honda Affinity. Yeah, I actually got in almost immediately after posting and was shocked to see a 2 hr timer instead of a number of laps. Epic journey. Too bad nobody seems to know how to drive...2 hours of aggressive d-bags spinning out whilst trying to knock other players off was nearly unbearable.

Long Beach 2H challenge only lasts another day or so!! :eek:

Money depends on position, obviously. But the xp was about 60K for me...went a little ways toward my Honda Affinity.

Yup, just done the race as well; averaging about 90mph, finished 3rd out of 8 players, got 60K credits, 60K XP and 4 levels up... Race netted me a cool 340K credits and a badge & title :)

Edited by OctagonQontrol

Drag racing challenges anyone got a good set-up and any tips its killing me

I'm not a drag racer at all so I've been struggling as well. I've noticed the races are organized by PI so if you're in a room with an odd number of cars, have the lowest PI when it's a 2 car drag. You'll be matched by yourself and get an automatic gold. I just got 25 golds in about an hour doing this.

Drag racing challenges anyone got a good set-up and any tips its killing me

Hey there. I got a setup for the drag races if you want. I used the Honda Dallara DW12 Target Chip Ganassi #9. I used that car for the recent indy car challenge on long beach. It is one heck of a car.

My tune can be searched for under the description 'xt5'. Be sure to also get my paint job for that car, too, also under 'xt5'. (I need those paint achievements).

Now just load up the drag races, rubber band the gas and let it go for as long as you can. Fiddle the right stick once in a while so your controller doesn't shut off. I wasn't medaling every race, but I was medaling about half of them which is good for no effort at all (especially on automatic transmission). Got about 10 driver levels and almost affinity level 25 for Honda on top of it.

Be sure you also turn off all assists except for TCS and leave auto transmission on. Hope that helps!

Edited by Xtowers

• 2 weeks later...

New Challenges

Brickyard Legend

Brickyard Legend Time-limited Challenge

Starts in 3 days

Complete a race in the Indianapolis 500 Hopper and drive 375 miles in the event.

I Would Drive 500 Miles

I Would Drive 500 Miles Time-limited Challenge

27 days to go

Drive 500 miles in a Timeless Supercar

Multi-Tasker

Multi-Tasker Time-limited Challenge

27 days to go

Finish a race in each Rivals event in the monthly channel.

2.4 Hour D'Endurance

2.4 Hour D'Endurance Time-limited Challenge

Starts in 38 days

Complete a race in the 2.4 Hours D'Endurance Hopper and drive 250 miles in the event

Think it works out at 150 laps which is insane

The brickyard thingy that is

So it's a 2H event; if they go for an actual Indy Car, people need to consistently do laps of about 45 seconds to even get close to the 375 miles after 2H.

Better get your controllers charged properly; the USB-cable on the One is too short to plug into console and sit comfortably in my livingroom. :(

Wonder which car they got in mind for the LeMans Challenge; you "only" need to average 100 miles/hour so that would be S-class cars or better. But I am fearing you will need the BMW GT-car from the Meguiars pack.