How many 360's do you have? Or gone through?

cmwhtienak

I want to know how many XBoxes everyone has gone through? I got a Xbox 360S for Fathers day last year making this my 4TH XBox! The first 3 all got the RROD and the first 2 I just got rid of. The 3rd was a 360 Elite and gave that to my son when I got the 360 slim.

About a month ago, the elite just gave me the RROD. Being VERY upset, I decided to tinker with it. After viewing a few videos online I decided I would try fixing it myself. I did, and now it works great!

Then my 360 slim disc drive decided to work very sporadically, took that apart and fixed it as well, lol. It is still giving me problems. Do you think it is worth it to just buy a new disc drive on ebay, or even an authorized reseller, or just continue to tinker with it?

Is it just me and my game play or does Microsoft not know how to make a proper console?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 7 xboxes for me. A new disc drive would be inexpensive but I believe it will void the warranty if you open the system. Xboxs are cheap and poorly engineered. Also the 11 year old in cambodia doesn't know how to apply heat sink correctly resulting in RROD

Edited by Felix Pie

Only 7 xboxes for me. A new disc drive would be inexpensive but I believe it will void the warranty if you open the system. Xboxs are cheap and poorly engineered. Also the 11 year old in cambodia doesn't know how to apply heat sink correctly resulting in RROD

Well of course it voids the warranty, lol. There is no warranty, that is why I opened it and fixed it myself. It's not that difficult, not for me at least. The warranty is only good for a year. Mine was up in July, 2011. I think I will just get a new disc drive. My next project will be converting my Xbox into a laptop! That sounds fun to me!!

I am currently on my second 360. I had one of the original Pro models and it worked great up until about 3 months ago and then RROD! I bought a refurbished model from Gamestop and then added a 250GB HD from an Elite on there. My only complaint with my "new" 360 is that it's loud, but that doesnt bother me so long as it works. If this one goes out on me then I'll probably wont get another one until the new XBOX comes out or I'll go back to my PC roots.

I'll try remember the dates vaugely. I got my 360 Premium Dec 2005 (it did release 2005 right? lol). It stayed strong until about March 2008 when it RROD :( I sent it for repair, they sent it back and it RROD again in like August 2008. They repaired it once more and it's still going today :D

I'm only on my second console. Picked up the first one around Christmas 2007 and it lasted for about 2 years when it finally RROD'd on me while playing Fallout 3. I replaced it with an Elite console which is showing no signs of slowing down, and I still have the old one if I ever find the motivation or time to see if it can actually be fixed.

Since my first 360 way back in March 2007. I am now on my 9th xbox 360. Even went a year without one due to being a ps3 owner for that period. All have had RROD, and some even had identity crisis issues. Asking me to put disc in an xbox 360. Depsite all my problems, I will always be a 360 owner. Best of the lot was the new one I bought that came with RROD!

I have two. Both still in working condition. A Halo:Reach edition 360S and a launch day white Pro, never refurbished / repaired.

The Pro, I think, is finally starting to go out. The disc drive doesn't open all the time, and it freezes up quite a bit. Kinda sad to see it go, seeing as it's probably the only Day 1 Pro left in the world that hasn't RRoD'd or died in some other horrible fashion, but I guess everybody's luck has to run out some time....luckily it's just a boosting box and not my only source of xboxing.

Honestly, wayyyyyy too many. I should have gave up on Xbox a longgggg time ago. Due to RROD, I've had at least 10 different ones. I don't know if it was how I had my Xbox positioned, how it was hooked up, or if I was just that unlucky - but yea, at least 10 due to that. I had 2 stolen from my house during a break in, and now I've got a 250 gig 360s.

Edited by H0LLATIP