The NEW 100% Definitive Akuma/Gouken Thread

the_a_drain

Damn it I must have gimped something up yet again, unlocked Akuma, beat the game with Akuma. Did a run through with Ken (beaten arcade previously) got 2 perfects, 4 Ultra Finishes, I'm sure I got at least 5 First Attacks, no Gouken :( Can you not go OVER the number of Perfects/Ultra Finishes or...?

Damn it I must have gimped something up yet again, unlocked Akuma, beat the game with Akuma. Did a run through with Ken (beaten arcade previously) got 2 perfects, 4 Ultra Finishes, I'm sure I got at least 5 First Attacks, no Gouken :( Can you not go OVER the number of Perfects/Ultra Finishes or...?

Make sure you're doing 1 round only or you need more of those things.

Also, don't just assume you will get the first five attacks, I found that unless you actually try you quite often dont.

go through the first five matches and if you dont meet all the requirements in those first 5, press start on the 2p controller and try again.

Also it seems somehow people are getting the wrong idea about the 2p trick, all it does is save you from dying, it DOES NOT count supers/perfects/ultras/first hits from those 2p games towards gouken/akuma.

oh man i just got gouken, but the hardest part was beating seth he gets so damn lucky getting off his ultra or his crazy attacks just after he gets up. the best way to beat him besides the zangief technique would be to just keep using fully charged focus attacks and not give him the chance to get back up. when that's done gouken is a sinch i just beat him with akuma no sweat. thanks for the req. sheet. it helps a lot and having a second controller was a life saver.

edit: hard part now is seth

Edited by Darkshot87

oh man i just got gouken, but the hardest part was beating seth he gets so damn lucky getting off his ultra or his crazy attacks just after he gets up.

It's not luck.

it's his programming, and the pattern is easily abusable.

If he's on the floor and has his ultra charged, jump over him, the ultra will miss and you can punish him, the worst that can happen is you eat a shoryuken, but thats less damage than the ultra.

His super he usually only does as part of a combo, so unless you let yourself get hit often dont even worry about it.

• 1 month later...