Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Titanfall
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Servers

For those of us NON-US, it seems we have been screwed by using our own servers even if the ping is great.

My slight intention with this thread is to make an easy documention about what is:

West Europe - 20ms
North Europe - 22ms
East US -88ms
North Central US - 102ms
South Central US - 116ms
West US - 153ms

(all pings stated are from me in the uk, but they dont ever change, even with a stable connection they would vary by ~1ms. I actually don't know if the UK counts as north or west europe by them, to me i'ts north, can't get much further north but the pings worse, west to me leaves europe unless you count the very very edge of france and portugal... Far more east and thats before you hit the "far east"....)

For me my ping from the UK i would like to say varies greatly (although it never changes even locally so i think thats an illusion and its just fixed West and North Europe are always 20 and 22 ms respectively even if i max out my line with downloads.)

East US is obviously east coast and thats a -4 GMT or EST
currently as i understand.
West US is -7 GMT or done in PST

North and South Central US i thought ran on CST? I realise there is MST aswell, but which do these reside and is their a difference right now for the majority or only those that observe Summer time and change for that.

The reason i ask and want this thread is that the Euro servers are shit, could spend days finding a match and still find it quit out. The risk of an 80ms ping is nothing, i've spent years PC gaming and while i would love to play with ~20 all the time i know full well its not going to happen and you can still play fine with ~100, those who blame their bad gameplay on ping when its 100 are just bad players.

I've played with people on WoW that used to have to vpn into our wow server to play with our guild and had 3-400 sec pings, they could still play just fine, i wouldn't put them as a healer but thats very very quicker trigger but they could tank and dps fine.

Sitting waiting for 10mins while i write this on a euro link, still no game.... Ok this could be time of day aswell but even perfect evening its no diff. least 3-4mins between games mostly and yet any time of day i can hop on US, get lag but get a game.

Edit: Am on fibre but even still those figures should change, even internally when you are using cat6e with a perfect switch they move 1-2 digits at least, nothing stays the same for days on end. And yes i know my network stuff so lets not devolve this to that, its not my skills, or something along the line, its false stats and american servers working better than euro, read like 2-3 threads below mine (will vary depending on when you read this)

Euro population vs america vastly exceeds if you include all our countries...US has sectioned theirs off somehow and not even into states, i don't know what lines have been drawn but i can tell you, over here we still want to play lol
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 07-04-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote