Halo 3 in 4GB xbox

GrayCodex

Hi,

I got a xbox 360 4gb as a student offer free with a $700 laptop. I was wondering if I can play Halo 3 and other games on it, since old games like these will have lots of patching to be done, I was wondering if 4gb might end up ridiculously inadequate maybe except for some XBLA titles.

Thanks.

With physical media, there won't be many issues. But the 4gb is ridiculously inadequate. I have more than 14gb of DLC alone and I rarely ever buy that junk.

Unless you don't mind deleting and redownloading DLC and patches to older games, you should upgrade right away.

I don't even know why they offer a 4gb console... even my watch holds 20gb. Least it was free though, right?

Yes I got it free. I'll be honest. Honestly there is not many XBOX titles that interest me. Halo is possibly the only one and maybe Gears of War series. After that I dont think I'll have much use of that console. I played previous Halos' on PC and just want to wrap the series on this chance. And maybe some multiplayer. So thats why I was concerned, can 4gb handle even that?

I mean i dont think i'll be getting into much of the dlc or playing several games at the same time stuff. If I can at least play a single game at once I'll be fine. So my to the point question was, can even the basic patches push the limit of 4gb? :)

Just a heads up, you can't play the campaign online with another player with just the 4GB of memory that comes with the Xbox.

I had the 4GB without a hard drive and tried to play co-op campaign over Xbox Live, and was unable to do so. Using a USB won't work either, as I was using that in place of a hard drive.

You need to have a physical hard drive inside your 360.

• 3 months later...