Xbox Live free in 2013?

shazza124

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure 360 will still have live for awhile even after the new systems are out...so maybe then.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the thread. Maybe free gold membership for 360 games and content only once the new console comes out. I can wish right?

People still whining about paying a premium to play online? Okay, so there is no whining going on, but it is expected to happen as it has happened in a lot of other threads similar to this.

Xbox LIVE makes Microsoft a LOT of money. They could learn a thing or two from their competition on how to make it a better service, but many of us see no problem with paying ~$50 a year to access online features.

Paying a premium for Xbox LIVE is nothing compared to how much one spends on takeaway food in a week, or to support their habit(s). If you are unemployed or just live off pocket money because of your age, do a little more around the house or around the neighbourhood for that extra cash.

And seeing you are an Aussie, I believe the legal working age is 14 and 9 months, unless that has changed. Even working 3 days a week, doing 6 hour shifts will cover your Xbox LIVE payment and leave you a little extra in your pocket.

I thought I heard something about free Xbox Live, which would be great, but I was wondering if anyone new for sure that this is true

There is also a downside to being free (looks at PSN, smirks, and rolls eyes) just letting you know. Personally I have no problem paying for XBL as I can justify the value in it 10 fold. After canceling my Dish Network, I'm saving over 80$ a month with XBL!!! General rule of thumb.. You always get what you pay for and when it comes to online services..free usually equates to something that is much less than what you would get for a "Paid for" and "Premium" service like XBL. It's also my general belief that If XBL was free there would be less incentive for Microsoft to police our servers, maintain security, and give us so many more features, apps, and a seemless unified online interface that the PS3 simply doesn't provide on nowhere near the same level.

While there is always exceptions to every rule, if this generation of gaming consoles taught us one thing is that free equates to a sub par bare bones service "definitely without all the bells and whistles" IMO.

Microsoft is the richest player in the game and is also the most greedy in terms of general business practices. There is no way in hell they will ever stop charging for Gold. I also have it on good authority that the PSN on PS3 isn't going to be free come next gen...

If what I believe is true then it looks like Sony will finally wise up and start charging for PSN. It's the only way that network is ever going to see some serious progression.. All they have been doing is playing catch up to XBL... and at a snails pace at that.

Edited by Delow317

It got me to understand little better about XBL and PSN. I have no problem to fork out 60 bucks a year for xbox live gold membership. Couldnt ask more for it and never complain about it. The way I see people whined and complained about shelling out their money on XBL gold membership are either teenager or ignorant and naive (think they know it all) and perhaps current exclusive PS3 player like my brother. My brother bragged about not have to pay a cent on playing Call of Duty series online for Ps3 online. I told him, thats what you get for less service and less security than XBL has offers.

Why is it people thinks that they are superior to us that they said Ha! Its free on PSN and you had to pay xbl so you suck. Something like that. Whats the big deal about PSN free to access online multiplayer on all games for PS3 except for PS3?