How do you choose the next game to play?

phot0Harv

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play games with multiplayer achievements first so I know that the game is still popular and people are still playing online it is so easier to get the achievements now then waiting later on when the game is old etc. and sometimes it's difficult trying to find people to get the achievements later on as the game gets less and less popular, So i pick mine in which it is new and has multiplayer.

Whatever I'm in the mood for. I won't play something if I don't want to play it simply for achievements or whatever. Will often find myself putting a game on only to get bored after 5-10 mins, putting something else on and repeating the cycle 3-4 times before I either settle on a game or give up and put a movie/some TV on.

In terms of buying new games a similar thing applies. Whatever I'm in the mood for at the time or whatever I think looks good. Price also comes into it at the moment, I'd go for a semi-decent cheap game over a great looking full retail price game.

IT's always Dead Island. Im so close to 1000 i can reach for it pretty much. been playing nonstop for 4 months.

But really need to start my Fallout:New Vegas playthroughs cause i know 1000 will be easy,as i almost platted it before my PS3 YLOD 3 years ago.

But Cant stop playing Dead Island :p right now.

As of now im going back to games that I am close to 1000 and trying to 1000 them. Like on the list

ACII-At 960,bout to get the feathers

LA NOIR-Just need guide from Youtube,at 630 gs

Medal of honor 2010-Working on TIER 1,almost done it then boosting

Kane and lynch 2-Co op and boosting

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Random for me. A couple methods I tend to use:

- Pick a series and do it (like The Darkness)

- Pick the oldest game by purchase date on my HDD (like Duke Nukem 3D)

- Use the "What Should I Get/Play Next" thread on here

- Suggestions by my boosting partners

- Ease of achievements (to keep my achievement-a-day streak going while working on a grindy game)

Obviously, sometimes I'll just play a game because I really want to. It always takes me such a long time to decide. So many choices...lol

Depends on what sports season it is. If I got a baseball already then it will be played during baseball season. When I am sick of playing that game then I will invest in a RPG to past the time when am bored. Once the RPG gets done then I try to find a Sandbox type of game until next sports season starts.

My current backlog is:

MASS EFFECT 2

MASS EFFECT 3

BORDERLANDS DLC (nearly finished)

FORZA 2

NFS: MOST WANTED

SKYRIM

FARCRY 2

STRANGLEHOLD

SAINTS ROW 1

THE WALKING DEAD

HYDROPHOBIA

CALL OF JUAREZ

LA NOIRE DLC

SPLINTER: CELL CONVICTION

I would like to finish these before I get the Nextbox around Christmas time, which should be achieveable, but I do play quite a bit of COD too. I try to finish the smaller games first and games that I've started but not finished, otherwise I get too stressed out/overwhelmed if I decided to play a bigger game like Skyrim first.

Edited by Dylaan

I usually have an idea of what games I want to get and will usually check the price to how many G's I can get ratio first and will buy it if I think I'll get my G's worth.

If its a game I really want without a doubt, G's don't mean jack to me. I got under 500G on Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite, but completed and enjoyed the fuck out of them.

I don't have a particular way but I won't play 2 games back to back that are similar. For example I wouldn't play 2 assassins creed games back to back. I finished ac: brotherhood and then went to rage. I went from rage to dead space. Now I'm on BioShock infinite. I like to wash my pallette of a particular type game with something completely different. After I finish infinite then I could do another creed game.

I don't have a particular way but I won't play 2 games back to back that are similar. For example I wouldn't play 2 assassins creed games back to back. I finished ac: brotherhood and then went to rage. I went from rage to dead space. Now I'm on BioShock infinite. I like to wash my pallette of a particular type game with something completely different. After I finish infinite then I could do another creed game.
I made that mistake buying Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2, together.

I played DAO so much that when I finally done it, I put in The Witcher 2, played about an hour or two then sold it, I was just to RPG'd out to play it.

A lot has to do with sequels for me. Playing games such as bioshock, assassins creed and kingdom hearts, there will be a huge chance I will purchase the sequel. Tough there are some disappointments, it's the first that usually gets me hooked. Also, trailers contribute to my decision as well. If a trailer looks promising, you can bet your ass its going to be preordered. Bioshock infinite and watch dogs are just a few examples. Preorder exclusives such as the goku outfit in naruto ultimate ninja storm 3, may help.

Hi everyone! I was wondering! How do you choose what games are you going to play! I mean, is there anything in particular? Like alphabetical order! Order of purchase, release date, or maybe you have your own little system...

In my case is release date, working on games backwards, playing newer games first...

What about you?

The new games? Uhh.. If the game has a storyline that means sense to me and has good gameplay, then that's how I choose my games.

I made that mistake buying Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2, together.

I played DAO so much that when I finally done it, I put in The Witcher 2, played about an hour or two then sold it, I was just to RPG'd out to play it.

Ugh, been there, especially with DA:O! ;) Always need to break up the soul-swallowing time consumption factor, I'll drop a shooter or two in between every huge RPG endeavour to keep sane. Luckily the 360 is awash in inexpensive and mindless shooters. :p