Gta Iv Dlc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it has more missions. And except for that, I want it to be free. I know, I'm dreaming, but I don't see myself getting the DLC if it costs MS Points. I've never used MS Points. And anyways, if they add more Achievements, they better not put some impossible ones, just like in Crackdown, where you need to do races with every car in the game. That would really suck...

I think you have set your expections of the DLC too high.

Planes won't be in, if Rockstar thought they should be in, then they would. And they shouldn't, so they won't.

Pretty sure it won't be free either, look at other high-profile games, such a sHalo 3 and Mass Effect, the DLC wasn't free on those, and I doubt it will be free on IV either.

Not sure about new achievements, because every time the DLC is meantioned, it sounds like there will be more than one, so unless each piece of DLC only adds one achievement, it won't work. (Max of 1,250 gamerscore per game etc.).

I doubt any new vehicles or weapons will be added, so I'm guessing it will just be missions.

Planes won't be in, if Rockstar thought they should be in, then they would. And they shouldn't, so they won't.

Pretty sure it won't be free either, look at other high-profile games, such a sHalo 3 and Mass Effect, the DLC wasn't free on those, and I doubt it will be free on IV either.

Not sure about new achievements, because every time the DLC is meantioned, it sounds like there will be more than one, so unless each piece of DLC only adds one achievement, it won't work. (Max of 1,250 gamerscore per game etc.).

I doubt any new vehicles or weapons will be added, so I'm guessing it will just be missions.

I agree.

With the dubbing "episodic content" it sounds like it will just be extra missions. But who knows? Rockstar could pull out a surprise or two!

I know people shouldn't set there expectation's too high but you've set yours so low your back is practically touching the ground. :p

I know people shouldn't set there expectation's too high but you've set yours so low your back is practically touching the ground. :p

I think my expectations are pretty realistic; as The Drumber 1 said, it's called "episodic content", and that usually doesn't involve huge changes, such as adding planes.

I think the DLC will head in the way of Bulgarin and Petrovic missions in all honesty. I did remember reading that R* were going to push the boat out with the DLC, so who knows. I heard 10 extra hours of gameplay somewhere though.

I think my expectations are pretty realistic; as The Drumber 1 said, it's called "episodic content", and that usually doesn't involve huge changes, such as adding planes.

Burnout Paradise added bikes with DLC, so anything is possible (although I don't think planes will be added, they said they didn't want planes in before the game was released ;))

I think the DLC will head in the way of Bulgarin and Petrovic missions in all honesty. I did remember reading that R* were going to push the boat out with the DLC, so who knows. I heard 10 extra hours of gameplay somewhere though.

Burnout Paradise added bikes with DLC, so anything is possible (although I don't think planes will be added, they said they didn't want planes in before the game was released ;))

Yeah there will be 4 "Episodes" or whatever you want to call them total each adding 10 hours of game play :D and as for the price I read they will be 500 MSP each.

Also read each DLC will add 250 Points :s but sounded abit like BS tbh

the dlc is going to be big. I don't see R* disappointing fans and MS after the $50 million exclusive deal. Expect something more than worth whatever they end up charging.

and to Daredevil, seriously. 'It better not cost any points'? ha ha.

Internet rumor is improbable -- but not impossible. Also, awesome.

By Mark Whiting, 04/18/2008

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3531625&type=sm Kotaku's got a great GTA IV rumor posted at the moment, clipped from a recent CVG print feature about Rockstar's upcoming new megagame Grand Theft Auto IV. While you should probably take this latest info with at least a grain of critical salt, the original article was originally published under the watchful auspices of Microsoft -- a company presumably in the know as far their own DLC is concerned. The rumor going round is that GTA IV's downloadable "expansion" content (you know, the stuff exclusive to the Xbox 360) will be large enough in scope to constitute entirely new cities. From the article:

"Of course to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. "[GTA IV's expansions] are to GTA IV what
or
were
. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

If true, that'd be quite the coup for Microsoft, don't you think? Obviously at this point it's mostly just speculation, and of course nobody's actually saying whether these new cities will constitute anything more than roadside truck stops and wilderness or whether they'll be as full fledged as New Jersey. Still, the possibility that the GTA IV equivalent to Vice City could be as simple and direct as a download-only bolt-on to the original game isn't so far-fetched as to be unbelievable. This is Rockstar that we're talking about.

Yeah there will be 4 "Episodes" or whatever you want to call them total each adding 10 hours of game play :D and as for the price I read they will be 500 MSP each.

Also read each DLC will add 250 Points :s but sounded abit like BS tbh

I don't understand the last part; the adding 250 gamerscore is the part I was sure of most, haven't heard that much about the rest of them.

Where'd you get that information?

The last part? You mean the bit about the 250 GP with every Episode... Making GTA IV 2000 points... I think that is a little unbelievable to be honest.

Anyway, I thought it was two anyway, not four. So 2 x 250 would not be a bad shout considering MS paid $50 million for it. They will be looking at a way to recoup that as fast as possible I would say.

The last part? You mean the bit about the 250 GP with every Episode... Making GTA IV 2000 points... I think that is a little unbelievable to be honest.

Anyway, I thought it was two anyway, not four. So 2 x 250 would not be a bad shout considering MS paid $50 million for it. They will be looking at a way to recoup that as fast as possible I would say.

No, I read it wrong...

I thought he said:

"Also read the DLC will add 250 Points :s but sounded abit like BS tbh"

But he actually said:

"Also read each DLC will add 250 Points :s but sounded abit like BS tbh"

My mistake.

What? Do you really think MS paid that money to recoup it in DLC sales? What's your real job Webb? That makes little sense when you realize that MS made this play for the big picture in terms of total units sold per system.

They made the exclusivity deal in order to steal initial sales and in turn move customers toward the 360 world. The DLC sales numbers will be important but in no way will they need to make back the initial investment in order to be deemed a success.

One would assume that MS hopes the DLC angle will help to push sales for the 360 long into summer. I'm sure most of you have seen the very rough estimates of 1st week sales in England that say the 360 is enjoying a 2:1 unit sales advantage. That seems about right given the install base in the UK but it remains to be seen how slanted the PS3, 360 sales will be for the 1st week.

Of course they did but they obviously aren't going to give it away for free :biglaugh

The price they offer will go a long way in to recouping some of it back. Think about it... $10 over 1 million downloads goes a long way. And those are conservative math estimates.

Well what ever the DLC will be it'll be free for me..:p

When i bough GTA IV i was given 500 free MS points. And on the GTA scratch card thing it says..

- Download exlusive episodes on xbox live marketplace starting Autumn 2008

So if there are going to be new missions, i recon there is a strong possiblity that there maybe a new island or 2..

or possibly a new character to use?

Im not bothered about more Achievements yet..

But i'd like more clothing options. And i'd like to be able to customize my cars abit

I think that R* should make GTA IV become the first game to have 1500 gamerscore on it. it will also help microsoft to get there money back as I am positive that many people will buy tht DLC if it is something like that.

And Deadly Moves a new character seems unlikely in my opinion as many people before the release loved having Niko Bellic as there character. And a new island would just be amazing in my opinion. Perhaps going back to San Andreas, or Vice City?

I've been thinking about the DLC, and how it would tie in to the exsisting game as a new city. Maybe that's what the airport will be used for, to fly out to a new city? Or maybe the bridges being built around the place will be completed, although that would ruin some of the stunts?

I think they could use the prison too, and have a little "Prison Break" mission going on where you get arrested and break somebody out with you. Not likely, but it would make good use of that massive area of map that has no other use.