I can't level up

I have 830 experience, but it has never allowed me to level up or given me that option, and I am still a level 1. Does anyone else have any experience with this or know why this is happening.
i know sometimes the game is slow at recognizing xp but i dont think that slow. it could p[ossibly be one of the many glitches this game has i dont know. the only thing i can suggest is either carry on playing and see if it was just slow or clear your cache(works for everything else). good luck with that.

i know sometimes the game is slow at recognizing xp but i dont think that slow. it could p[ossibly be one of the many glitches this game has i dont know. the only thing i can suggest is either carry on playing and see if it was just slow or clear your cache(works for everything else). good luck with that.
Alright I'll try clearing the cache, I recently installed it to my hard drive because it would run so slow and even be laggy (looked like I was playing Gears of War 2 online), I doubt that has anything to do with it but you never know.

Clearing the cache did not work, I currently have 1100 XP but am still level 1 and have never been prompted to level up.

Edited by Der Fuhrer

i hate to say this but try starting a new game and see if that character levels. if not try deleting your save game or perhaps deleting the whole game from the hard drive and see if leveling from the cd works. not the best options but thats all i can think of

i hate to say this but try starting a new game and see if that character levels. if not try deleting your save game or perhaps deleting the whole game from the hard drive and see if leveling from the cd works. not the best options but thats all i can think of
Darn, well at least this is the kind of problem that shows up early in the game. I will try playing it on my other xbox that connects to live and doesn't have it installed on the hard drive. If not I will try again on a different save.

I can't remember because if there is I've never used it, but isn't there an option in the game menus to "Turn-off Auto-Level". If so then there must be a button to press in one of your PipBoy menus to "initiate" your levels when you get them.

If this isn't the problem then I would guess its a glitch and you may have to completely restart.

Was lucky on my 1st play and finished the game with all but the hardcore cheevo. Ran in to some minor bugs, but nothing game breaking.

Second play started and had this exact same problem. Game wouldn't allow my char to level up. Deleted my install and moved all my game saves to a pen drive for storage. Fresh install to the HD and started a new game saving to the HD. Worked fine. No need to clear cache. Finished HC mode for 1000gs.