Producer/rapper Flying Lotus to have radio station in GTA V

Luis Ownz

Flying Lotus is an eclectic "experimental multi-genre music producer", whose work includes rap, IDM and ambient electronic. He confirmed last night at his Atlanta Concert for Flying Lotus that he would be getting his own radio station in Grand Theft Auto 5. The musician and producer debuted what fan and concert-goer FuzzyWuzzy called "a ton of new songs and information, including rapping a new Captain Murphy song produced by Hudson Mohawke." The information was revealed to us on the FUTUREbeats subreddit, one of the nicer places on the site.

more here

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14237/article/gta-5-flying-lotus-to-get-his-own-radio-station/

I'm pretty stoked. I love Flying Lotus. He's a great producer, and a great rapper as well.

Not really my style of music, but when it comes to anything GTA I'm willing to give it a shot. I do like ambient electronic so if his work consists of that, I'm all in.

Edit: Just got back from youtube. Was a lot better than I thought, something more to look forward to in GTA V now.

Edited by InsaneKane87

Huh. I'd be more excited for what Metal,Reggaie,Classic Rock,classic Rap,Grunge music that would be in the game.

ANyone else notice ever since Saandreas it seems Rap music songs and DJs are the first to be confirmed in the next GTA game ?

Who knows though I've never heard of the DJ,mainly because I only like 80's and 90's Rap music,so I might like his music.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

KDST the best radiostation E-V-E-R

Foghat - Slow Ride (1975)

Heart - Barracuda (1977)

Joe Cocker - Woman to Woman (1972)

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1974)

America - A Horse with No Name (1972)

Billy Idol - White Wedding (1982)

bring back the beast songs on KDST

this brings back so many memories of san andreas, driving through the country, flying a plane around the map, listening to KDST

I don't understand this sentence.

"...including rapping a new Captain Murphy song produced by Hudson Mohawke."

Flying Lotus will be rapping (Whaaaaa) or Flying Lotus IS Captain Murphy (Double Whaaaaaa)?

EDIT: OH shit, he is.

Anyway, hoorah for both more FL and HM.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

• 1 month later...

Like EVERY game I play, the music is completely secondary.

Options>Audio>Music>Off

First thing I did in GTA4 was shut the music off. Yea, yea yea, I know, "But the talk radio stuff is hilarious!" Eh, it probably is, but it's not why I play games. And for me, 98% of all music in all games makes my skin crawl. It's mostly hip hop and classic rock. (barf) Easier just to shut the music off before starting up the game, than bitch about how shitty it is every 3min.