Latest News On Level Cap

Drucifer82

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most people on this, they missed the window on the cap taking too long for sure. I was actually going to hold off on playing the dlc until the cap was raised, so that the xp wasn't wasted, now I've already burned through it and like many others will have to find other ways to earn that xp after the cap raise.

Anyone else feel like they missed that window? I am inclined to think that their calculations are off, but then again, I guess they have research to support.

Their research is based on traffic they track via SHiFT, but they have to consider that people are slowing down playing the game because they aren't raising the goddamn cap.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this is turning out in my mind to be a clever marketing ploy. The last three DLC combined have had less GS than a single DLC from the previous game. There has been talk for some time of a second Season Pass, meaning more content. They can't go beyond 1750 GS, so perhaps they were cranking out these last dlc to push extra content, but saving the level cap for the end of Q1 so they could push more downloadable content and keep it within the realm of the allotted 1750 GS.

It still sucks, and I really want that cap increase but as I said perhaps Gearbox intended it to be this way from the get go because they know people will spend the money.

Edited by Drucifer82

Everything would have been different if they had raised the cap by five levels with each DLC and increased our backpack and bank space by now. It really could have been that simple.

This. I have been saying the same thing about the inventory space all this time (Player + bank = Less than BL1 totals. Not a good thing), and with this last DLC I recently jumped on the level cap bandwagon. It should have been raised with this DLC.

I now feel that Gearbox just doesn't care about its fan base this time around. Gearbox knows what we want but they go about things bass-ackwards. They don't give us what we want and instead they give us what we don't want.

...They can't go beyond 1750 GS, so perhaps they were cranking out these last dlc to push extra content, but saving the level cap for the end of Q1 so they could push more downloadable content and keep it within the realm of the allotted 1750 GS....

GS cap for a game is 2000, not 1750. A theory has been thrown around, that Season pass 1 is going to add up to 500GS with it's DLCs. Gearbox is then going to release a second season pass, with 4 more DLC's that will add another 500GS. Frankly this sounds all too likely at this point.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is also completely possible that Gearbox could just roll out a silent update at any time without warning.

I believe they did this patching the Level 100 characters. I had some friends wit Lv100 and they all told me they are Lv50 again lol

Edited by Valiantheart

Do remember that readers of this site tend to be more "hardcore" of gamers and make up a small percentage of the entire gaming population. Just because everyone here has blasted this game like Dick Cheney's Face Melting Shotty doesn't mean that the rest of the BL2 players have.

Gearbox has more on their plate now since back in the BL1 days. Trying to run with the big boy studios, paying attention to market trends for their business, expanding, yadda yadda. Not so much a defense as it is just pointing out the way things are.

Most games release, make a season pass with less than a handful of 'meh' DLC, stop supporting it in less than 6 months, and move on never looking back. At least Gearbox is kind enough to double that wonderfully expensive and mediocre gaming experience with 2 seasons.

Do remember that readers of this site tend to be more "hardcore" of gamers and make up a small percentage of the entire gaming population. Just because everyone here has blasted this game like Dick Cheney's Face Melting Shotty doesn't mean that the rest of the BL2 players have.

Gearbox has more on their plate now since back in the BL1 days. Trying to run with the big boy studios, paying attention to market trends for their business, expanding, yadda yadda. Not so much a defense as it is just pointing out the way things are.

Most games release, make a season pass with less than a handful of 'meh' DLC, stop supporting it in less than 6 months, and move on never looking back. At least Gearbox is kind enough to double that wonderfully expensive and mediocre gaming experience with 2 seasons.

Except its not just the readers of this site, there are a lot of websites where people complain about it. Even the modders are complaining about it, especially when they put in a server block and you can't make characters over level 50 without a Cheat Engine on the PC, or edit the inventory capacity outside of 27, and anyone with a glitched (around 30-33) accidental one went back to 27.

You already know that though, and so do they. Which is why they probably haven't done anything since October, because everyone wants more uses for Eridium besides summoning Bosses, more inventory, and more levels.

You are correct about the readers of the site being more "hardcore" than casual players but forget this forum completely for a minute and take a peek at the Gearbox forums my friend. It makes all of our ranting look like nothing in comparison and those people are the heart and soul of the franchise. Even the people on this site who were against a level cap increase when some of us wanted it with the first DLC have changed their tune and are now dissatisfied. I don't care how you look at it, Gearbox is doing things wrong and there isn't anyone who could convince me otherwise at this point.

At this point gearbox would have to do alot to win me back. The main game was pretty good, but not great, and the DLC's have been terrible. The Tourgue DLC was funny, but the overall gameplay was still pretty bad.

I'm glad to see someone put it this way because that's how I feel, except in hindsight I would say Pirate's Booty wasn't so bad outside of Master Gee but that frustration outweighed the good when it was all said and done and it's all I remember from it now.

So my question for you MC B0B (and everyone else who would like to respond) is, what could fix it for you at this point?

I'll start. For me I don't think it's fixable. I could see it getting somewhere I could be happy with again if they raised the level cap, and the storage space but I don't feel like that would be enough without another round of add-ons to make it worthwhile to play again. Now, the problem with that and the reason it's unfixable for me is that there is absolutely no chance that I will ever pay (or prepay for another season pass) full price or buy this content I've described day one. I would have to wait for it to go on sale because Gearbox has lost my trust when it comes to DLC.

You are correct about the readers of the site being more "hardcore" than casual players but forget this forum completely for a minute and take a peek at the Gearbox forums my friend. It makes all of our ranting look like nothing in comparison and those people are the heart and soul of the franchise. Even the people on this site who were against a level cap increase when some of us wanted it with the first DLC have changed their tune and are now dissatisfied. I don't care how you look at it, Gearbox is doing things wrong and there isn't anyone who could convince me otherwise at this point.

True... Caught me without enough info. Thanks (as well as a poster above) for pointing that out.

As far as ideas. Hmm. More levels, more guns and items, different gun types, actual item customization (components, not cosmetic skin bullshit), more shit to kill (monsters plz), more character classes, more gun manufacturers, weekly challenges, competitive ladders, and all the inventory requests that have been made. Hell, maybe an Eridium fueled "Pack-A-Punch" or a Dupe Machine just to be tongue and cheek about how many players have worked the game.

To be perfectly honest, I have felt the FPS genre has been exhausted for quite some time. Grew up in the Doom and Wolfenstein years. Raised hell on Counterstrike servers for mucho hours. Appreciated Halo for finally feeling like FPS transitioned well enough to console controller schemes, and soon later hating them for ruining the physics with a patch in Halo 2. I got my FPS experiences just about covered, and it feels quite antiquated in modern times.

I'm glad to see someone put it this way because that's how I feel, except in hindsight I would say Pirate's Booty wasn't so bad outside of Master Gee but that frustration outweighed the good when it was all said and done and it's all I remember from it now.

So my question for you MC B0B (and everyone else who would like to respond) is, what could fix it for you at this point?

I'll start. For me I don't think it's fixable. I could see it getting somewhere I could be happy with again if they raised the level cap, and the storage space but I don't feel like that would be enough without another round of add-ons to make it worthwhile to play again. Now, the problem with that and the reason it's unfixable for me is that there is absolutely no chance that I will ever pay (or prepay for another season pass) full price or buy this content I've described day one. I would have to wait for it to go on sale because Gearbox has lost my trust when it comes to DLC.

About sums up what a lot of us are thinking. Apparently I won't be needing to trade in games to get what I'm looking for soon, so if you need anything I can hook you up, and I'll see in a few days if they cracked the mt coming out tuesday.

[...]

Sums it up for me. Except I probably wouldn't pay for the DLC, even on sale.

GoW3 kinda left the same taste in my mouth. And don't even get me started on Saints Row 3... Never again...

I haven't even felt compelled to preorder GoW: Judgement, and I have been an avid fan of the whole series. I know I will get it since I do enjoy the game mechanics, but I don't even think I'm going to bother with the DLC this time.

I lost total intrest in playing now that iam lvl 50 with Zero.Dont get me wrong i love playing the game,but just like when i was playing Fallout3 once i hit the level cap the game seemed like it got boring.Seemed like i was working hard for nothing.I dont know it seems like when your killing and u see that 100x 50x etc its going to waste.

Even if you manged to fill all your tree its not like its gonna make the game simple for a sinlge player person.

At this point gearbox would have to do alot to win me back. The main game was pretty good, but not great, and the DLC's have been terrible. The Tourgue DLC was funny, but the overall gameplay was still pretty bad.

I haven't bought any DLC purely based on opinions expressed on here, though I have no need to as I've not quite reached level 50 for the first time yet but I'm close to doing that and TVHM.

Once the sales come around I'll pick up the good/decent ones, which I hear are the 1st and 2nd.