How bad is the 1000?

Superjoint Ritual

I was thinking of starting this game but I was wondering how tough it was. How bad is Veteran? Keep in mind I have beat COD 2 Vet MANY times, beat Black OPs Vet, and beat CoD 4 VET (and got Mile High Club in under an hour). Also, how easy is it to boost online? I have 2 360s. How many people are needed to boost?

• 2 months later...
I was thinking of starting this game but I was wondering how tough it was. How bad is Veteran? Keep in mind I have beat COD 2 Vet MANY times, beat Black OPs Vet, and beat CoD 4 VET (and got Mile High Club in under an hour). Also, how easy is it to boost online? I have 2 360s. How many people are needed to boost?

I've yet to get the Vet for COD3 (gave up after I got to a save I just couldn't progress from) but I have heard it is one of the more frustrating CODs to beat on Vet...due mainly to shoddy AI.

To 1000 point the game...brutal. Getting 40000 kills in online ranked match is an absolute grind...even when boosting. You need 8 players to hopefully get into a game together and flag toss for 20 minutes a game. Depending on the connection (a bad connection is actually better) you are looking at 200-1000 points a game. Mostly around 500 or so....that's been my experience, at least. About 1/2 the time, there is someone who isn't boosting and ruins everyones session. But, say you are getting 500 a match, it's going to take you 80 matches at 20 minutes a piece...that's about 27 hours...IF (IF!) you get 80 matches where everyone is boosting...which you won't.

This isn't one to pick up for an easy 1000 points, that's for sure.

treyarch are assholes that like to put in achievements that make you play online.
It's hard not to laugh at your ignorance there.

Achievements is what (at times) makes the game worth playing. Unless it's a god MP game (CoD4 at the time, for example.) There is almost no reason NOT to have Online Achievements. Why?

1) It helps MS get profit out of the Xbox LIVE gold service.

2) It keeps (even a crappy game) semi-alive.

3) People almost literally dispose of the game after the 1000/1000 is completed. Especially if you grinded for that game.

Back when CoD3 was hot this game was hella active. Not Treyarch's fault you felt like waiting until it was under $20 to try to get 1000/1000 on it. You will, but consider it a bigger obstacle for trying to purchase it later.

It's hard not to laugh at your ignorance there.

Achievements is what (at times) makes the game worth playing. Unless it's a god MP game (CoD4 at the time, for example.) There is almost no reason NOT to have Online Achievements. Why?

1) It helps MS get profit out of the Xbox LIVE gold service.

2) It keeps (even a crappy game) semi-alive.

3) People almost literally dispose of the game after the 1000/1000 is completed. Especially if you grinded for that game.

Back when CoD3 was hot this game was hella active. Not Treyarch's fault you felt like waiting until it was under $20 to try to get 1000/1000 on it. You will, but consider it a bigger obstacle for trying to purchase it later.

I'm ignorant because I hate online multiplayer achievements? Treyarch even realized their mistake after 2 game with BO not having online (competitive multiplayer) achievements. IMO online achievements usually lead to a worse online experience for the average gamer because people start to play for the achievements instead of for the objectives of the game mode.

1. Online achievements do not help MS make money on their LIVE service. Even if they do it is an insignificant amount. (Also, FYI, usually you lead an argument with your strongest point)

2. Online achievements may help to keep a crap game (like CoD3) active for a while, but at that point the games get ruined because the only people playing are boosters.

3. I don't really see how this point relates to online achievements.

I even believe that there was a poll on the main page at one time that the majority of the people who responded despised online achievements as well.

• 1 month later...

It's... pretty bad. Veteran is a pain in the ass. Your looking at a month just for the point achievements and maybe longer depending on the other couple online ones. I gave up have way through the Veteran campaign because of the lack of checkpoints. I may have to pick it up again though.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, theres a few chapters where the checkpoints are brutal (especially chapters 8 and 9). Im almost done the campaign... Im posting walkthroughs for it. Search "call of duty 3 veteran walkthrough" on youtube and theres a playlist for xkr0n0sx

Im uploading ch 9 and 10 tonight.

Edited by xKr0n0s

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, after playing ALL of the CODs (with the exception or the first and expansions), this is THE WORST veteran campaign, mainly because you're completely on your own, the enemies are annoyingly uber-powerful, and lack of checkpoints.

If you REALLY want the 1000 for this game, you'll need a REALLY dedicated boosting buddy for online because

1: The maps are huge

2: No one plays the multiplayer anymore (I don't think they did in the first place)

3: Well, for the General achievement?

Welcome to General, one of the most brutal achievements ever. Every match in Ranked multiplayer is 20 minutes long, though it may end earlier if one team gets a certain amount of kills or captures the flag a certain amount of times, depending on the gametype. A player would be lucky to get 40 points in a match. Adding in lobby time, you can get 2 matches in per hour. That's 80 points an hour, meaning General will take you 500 hours

In my opinion, if you haven't already thrown this game in the incinerator, it is NOT worth the struggle and frustration. Most people on the 'net do not "take your word for it", but unless you want to end of strapping an M-80 to your 360 in rage, I completely suggest you do.

• 3 weeks later...

It took me ages to get the "200 Points in ranked matches" cheev.

I stopped the online stuff because you will wait more than u will play.

I'm now on the Fuel plant on veteran, and i hate this game.

This is really annoying unfair this game.

I couldn't believe when everybody here and everywhere talks about the grenade rain,

or the "enemies can shoot throug closed doors/walls" thing.

And yes i encountered things like this.

And i have the feeling that there is in every mission after u killed 4-6 nazis,

the comes an "ubernazi" soldier who sees you everytime, and is the perfect sniper

with every gun and can kill you instant...

I played through BO,CoD MW+MW2 & CoD2 on Veteran (and now this one)

I thought BO was a pain in the ass, nope i found it's bigger, meaner brother.

Edit:

fucking fuel plant! I HATE IT!

Next time i have the opportunity to meet an treyarch programmer,

i make a video walkthrough how to beat him!

Edited by Ehrenfried

The farthest I've made it in the campaign is past the Laison River mission which was a BITCH.

Like I said in my last post, you're better off throwing this game disk around as a Frisbee because you'll get more entertainment that way. It's even more fun if you set it on fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how I see it:

COD2: A bit challenging, but alright

COD3: Impossible. I still haven't finished it

COD4: Easy. Only moderately challenging part was the "Mile High Club" achievement

COD: WAW: An unlimited barrage of grenades. I'm pretty sure that there weren't even that much thrown in WWII

COD: MW2: Easy campaign. The only things difficult were the Spec Ops "Wardriving" and "Wetwork"

COD BO: Extremely easy campaign. Challenging parts: zombie achievements on maps past Ascension.

• 1 year later...

When I read about all the bugs in this game, I simply decided not to play it on veteran. Playing through a game on the hardest possible setting should be a matter of skills, rather than luck... Even on normal this game wasn't as much fun, as CoD 2 was on veteran. There were frustrating moments on CoD 2's veteran mode, but in total it was way better, and way more fun than CoD 3.

• 5 weeks later...