Absolution

Brengun

For those of you wondering about the cost of absolution from sin(although I don't know if this number is the same across the board), SPOILERS I commited the 'sin' of walking through the white light after entering the Darkmoon Covenant - I had no idea I was not allowed to, and followed this up by killing the fire keeper who attacked me at the Anor Londo shrine, my fee for absolution from the guy in the belltower?

144,000 souls?!! Very upsetting at the time as I was out of souls. Luckily I managed to grind for them in the Painted World and killed all the blue invaders (5 in about half an hour which is crazy considering how hard it can be to actually summon someone - got about 15k from each one of them though). Paid it off and don't have to worry about the constant invasions.

Just a heads up for anyone who actually isn't happy about being a listed sinner! Anyone else got a similar tale of woe?

hm i still get invaded even though i haven't sinned on this playthrough, but i did on my last one ._.; so i guess that's carried over or something. pretty annoying because i was in human form to summon people for a boss and i cleared the whole room, got invaded whilst using someones summon. killed the invader then it continued the summon anyway and i had like no spells left to use on the boss but someone summoned anyway. major fail haha. lag of summoning xD.

Yes, but from the opposite side...

I need more sinners D: I cannot farm my souvenirs of reprisal without you all being horrible undead beings! Go forth and sin more!

I'm surprised you didn't get to invade me yesterday, I had to beat them off with a shitty stick at one point just to travel about a hundred yards! No more sinning for me...

The cost of Absolution is determined by your soul level. The cost is 2000 souls per level, meaning a level 20 pays 40,000 souls, a level 40 pays 80,000 souls and so forth.

And at soul level 72, 144,000 souls.

Thanks, that makes sense, so maybe I should have sinned a bit more if its based on level, and still been cleared for the same amount of souls!

I killed a bunch of NPCs I had no use for (Solaire, Griggs, Rhea, Petrus) then moved on to Oswald and killed him after I purchased the Book of the Guilty. Check out the Book after my rampage for Humanity-Book says I have no data. Does that mean killing Oswald also absolves your sins? Or is killing NPCs not sinful?

I killed a bunch of NPCs I had no use for (Solaire, Griggs, Rhea, Petrus) then moved on to Oswald and killed him after I purchased the Book of the Guilty. Check out the Book after my rampage for Humanity-Book says I have no data. Does that mean killing Oswald also absolves your sins? Or is killing NPCs not sinful?

Well the book said I had no data as well, so maybe that is another problem that needs to be fixed? I know when I sinned a message came up telling me and then the blue spirits started coming for me, I'm not sure how you can tell any other way as you killed Oswald as well, looks like you had a rampage!