Achievement Guide

Dark Fury

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Having trouble with the assault rifles only cheevo. Can anyone confirm if you can use melee?

Do it on Island. You start with a BAR. Most people say you can melee. I'd try to avoid that even though it's probably fine.

On another note, I'd like a veteran walkthrough guide like Cod2 has. Because this game is hard as hell on veteran.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do it on Island. You start with a BAR. Most people say you can melee. I'd try to avoid that even though it's probably fine.

On another note, I'd like a veteran walkthrough guide like Cod2 has. Because this game is hard as hell on veteran.

Can you throw grenades? If you can't how the hell do you get up that hill without popping out smokes? :eek:

Took me around 30 minutes last night to make it up that hill on veteran. I ran out of BAR ammo so had to pick up a MP40 to finish the level and didn't get the Assualt Trooper cheevo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know I'll eventually get it but man I'm stuck in the final checkpoint of Chapter 5 in Veteran. What en effing hard game this is. I have gotten to the final tank 3 times now. First time I pushed the wrong button and the other two I was too slow with them. Frustrating as hell.

• 2 months later...

Has the glitch whereby you have to do all of Veteran from the start without picking and choosing the missions? I got past the woods part where you have to mortar the hell out of the nazis and then my hard drive corrupted...I can't do this again if I have to start from the beginning...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So the Veteran achievement is not entirely glitched.

You can do mission select to beat the game on veteran. However, if you went back and beat previous missions on an easier difficulty for other achievements, you must re-beat that level on Veteran. This is because this game saves only the most recently completed difficulty, not the highest difficulty completed. Additionally, once you go back and beat the level on Veteran, you must beat the last level on Veteran. The achievement only unlocks after you beat the last level on Veteran with all previous missions completed most recently on Veteran.

Source: ZonkedAdam http://www.trueachievements.com/a11991/grizzled-veteran-achievement.htm

Edit: This way works. I got my achievement today by replaying the tank level on veteran (previously beat on an easier difficulty), then skipped to the final mission.

Edited by Oneofakind893

• 1 month later...

Wow! This was such a pain in the ass! Well i wanne gives you a good tip/hint.

If you have alot trouble with inhouse combats, take a piece of paper, cut it and use some tape and paste it on the crosshair. No you always have a crosshair also with staidy aim shoot, IT really helped me ALOT

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I still need Veteran completion in CoD3 as well as its online achievements. I have all but two in BO1, and I plan to play CoD Classic soon for the first time. I wish I could have access to Ghosts and/or Advanced Warfare.

CoD2: 1000:gsicon:

CoD4: MW: 1000:gsicon:

CoD: MW2: 1000:gsicon:

CoD: MW3: 1000:gsicon:

CoD: WaW: 1500:gsicon:

CoD: BO2: 1500:gsicon:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...